Raiden III $20 at Wal-Mart (YMMV)

Lans

CAGiversary!
Was around at the local Wal-Mart Superstore (The semi-new one at Palm Springs, California) for a oil change when I found this little gem on sale for $20 bucks. I was waiting on buying it later but my love of the previous series prevailed. D:

Also, on a more happier note, I met a fellow fan of the series at the same time and we both bought it immediately. Made my day knowing someone loved the game as much as me. :D

I saw it at my local Walmart as well for $19.99 when I was checking for Shining Force EXA. My Walmart is in CA so this might be nationwide ;)

I didn't know that any other store was going to carry this game, except for Gamestop/EBgames! Hmm...a lot of people in the Midwest are seeing this, maybe I should go check out my local Walmart!

Is this game worth it, if I have Raiden II on the PC and both Raidens for Sega Genesis/Super NES?

The Christiansburg, VA Wal-Mart had them. I didn't check the price because I bought the game for 30 bucks from EBstop. I suppose I should try and find my old receipt.

A nice shooter overall. Not the classic that Raiden 2 is, but a nice update to the series with functional--though not spectacular--3D graphics. It also has nice extras you can open including art gallery, 3D models, saved replays, expert replays, multiple stage select types (you can even select something like stages 3-7 only), etc.

I didn't go cheap on this one, took it at $30 happily at release. Grab it while it lasts.

This game isn't too spectacular. R-Type Final, Super R-Type, or Gradius V are all much better titles available for the PS2.

If you can't find those however, Raiden III is the best. It's still only fourth in my list.

[quote name='TimPV3']Hmm, I might have to go look for this tomorrow. $30 was a little steep.[/quote]

My thoughts, too. I might bite for $20, though.

Alright I can verify that in Tucson, Arizona, the wal mart on wetmore has at least 7 copies for $19.86. I picked one up myself!

Thanks for the find OP!

I think the $20 price is probably national at Walmart if yours carries it. I'll have to stop by the two walmarts near me to check if they have the game.

There were 4 copies of Raiden III in Everett, WA store, for $20 each. Thanks for the post Shiro

Brings back good old memories back in the days.....

This is a good example of how it is sometimes better just to pick things up when found at a "good enough" price. $30 (before BB gc) with no wasted time/effort required versus $25 (including $5 extra gas at today's prices) to get out to the only semi-close Wal-Mart, which likely wouldn't have it anyway.

Of course, your mileage may literally vary.

Might go look.. my $20 would likely be better spent with Taito Legends 2 this week, though.

[quote name='H22A']This is a good example of how it is sometimes better just to pick things up when found at a "good enough" price. $30 (before BB gc) with no wasted time/effort required versus $25 (including $5 extra gas at today's prices) to get out to the only semi-close Wal-Mart, which likely wouldn't have it anyway.

Of course, your mileage may literally vary.[/quote]

Yeah. I have a Wal-Mart right in the middle of where most of the shopping/errands are located, so stopping there is no big deal.

However, they didn't have it. I currently don't have plans to go to the next closest one which may or may not have it.

I got mine here in Chicago...er...Evergreen Park, IL @ a newer Wal-Mart location!!! It's an AWESOME GAME! (although I didn't think I'd ever see a blue-back CD again)

[quote name='Jackalope']Blade - When was Super R-Type released for the PS2? I'm not aware of that one.[/QUOTE]

Super R-Type? I know for a fact that didn't come out in the US and I'm near positive that it wasn't in Japan either. R-Type Final though... that did come out back in 2004 I believe. Personally... I don't like it, but some people swear by the game.

Still on the fence about Raiden III. I think my decision will be made by the game going OOP since I can't make up my mind. Maybe if someone verbally assaults me and explains why this game will make me orgasm.

Wal-Mart here had a freaking stack of about 8 of them for $19.82.

Now time to take it back to Gamestop for my $32 back.

The Wal-Mart here in Knoxville, TN has several copies for $19.99. However, the one I went to had Shining Force EXA for $49.99 though...

The walmart at Barrington IL had around 5 copies left. I don't think they're going anywhere either.

To clarify, I meant the Walmart in Schaumburg, IL on Barrington.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wal-Mart here had a freaking stack of about 8 of them for $19.82.

Now time to take it back to Gamestop for my $32 back.[/quote]

Which Wal-Mart was that?

[quote name='elmyra']Which Wal-Mart was that?[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, I meant to post it in the Tampa Bay thread and forgot, but it's up there now :D

bread's done
Back