Rainbow Six: Vegas - Gen. Discussion & Info

I'm assuming I should add ya then? haha. Alright what are you guys rocking weapon wise, and any advice on armor?

I usually use an mp7a1 with silencer. I suck at aiming with shotguns, I'm really good with a sniper too.

edit: This is one of those times when I pray for the next XBL update you will be able to make folders in your friend list. Imagine having it set up like this.

Buddies(for your real life friends)
R6:V CAG Clan(for the cag vegas players)
Good Gears Players(for random people you play in Gears that are good guys and good at the game)

I stopped using the silencer, as it reduces damage.

For armor, I rock out the Corporal/Sgt 3 block armor on my chest, and that's it. I tried running with armor all over, and was slow as molasses.

For guns, my weapon of choice is the MTAR assault rifle. It has a 31 bullet clip, is good for close up and very accurate far away. I also occasionally switch to the MP7A1 or the MCG? shotgun or the scout tactical as needed. Occasionally, I'll be a jerk and pull out the shield, but it's pretty uselelss without the DEagle or Raging Bull.

A lot of the pray and spray, and even some of the better players swear by the MP9, but you can expect some "noob" comments if you use it a lot of the time.

My new weapon is the p90, no silencer, and laser sight. Awesome weapon.

Is there a special color armor/clothing CAG's should use? and what is the tag exactly CAG with all capitals? That's what mine is right now.

[quote name='NorthX08']FInally got this game!

anyone wanna play some CO-OP?[/quote]

Im gonna get on and play over the 4th and next weekend. I just got it and have only played alittle bit. Send me a friend request

Well, that sucks ass since I paid for it.
grumpy.gif

yeah I paid for it too about a month ago, which was basically a wasted purchase because not only is it now free, but hardly anyone played the maps from it.

so the red map is free as of today I take it...I had been listening to a variety of podcast that were claiming it was free, but when I looked online last weekend, it still was at the 800 point mark

[quote name='ryanbph']so the red map is free as of today I take it...I had been listening to a variety of podcast that were claiming it was free, but when I looked online last weekend, it still was at the 800 point mark[/quote]

When they announced the black pack was free, they also announced that the red pack would be free July 6. So, the announcement was probably a week ago, but it being free just kicked in today.

would anybody know why RS:Vegas is freezing on me in the middle of a online multiplayer game (attack and defend)? this is the second time today that ive been playing and it just freezes up and I cant do anything, I have to turn off my 360 and restart it up.

any ideas? id appreciate it.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Well, that sucks ass since I paid for it.
grumpy.gif
[/quote]i'm pretty sure ubisoft said they're refunding the MS points to anyone who purchased it because supposedly they were meant to be free all along and pricing it was a mistake.

[quote name='tsg2005']would anybody know why RS:Vegas is freezing on me in the middle of a online multiplayer game (attack and defend)? this is the second time today that ive been playing and it just freezes up and I cant do anything, I have to turn off my 360 and restart it up.

any ideas? id appreciate it.[/quote] honestly it sounds like a faulty xbox. i had the same issue with freezing and disc read errors until i exchanged it for another before the 30 days was up from when i bought it.

[quote name='triforcer']i'm pretty sure ubisoft said they're refunding the MS points to anyone who purchased it because supposedly they were meant to be free all along and pricing it was a mistake.[/quote]

[quote name='tsg2005']would anybody know why RS:Vegas is freezing on me in the middle of a online multiplayer game (attack and defend)? this is the second time today that ive been playing and it just freezes up and I cant do anything, I have to turn off my 360 and restart it up.

any ideas? id appreciate it.[/quote]
honestly it sounds like a faulty xbox. i had the same issue with freezing and disc read errors until i exchanged it for another before the 30 days was up from when i bought it.

[quote name='triforcer']i'm pretty sure ubisoft said they're refunding the MS points to anyone who purchased it because supposedly they were meant to be free all along and pricing it was a mistake.

honestly it sounds like a faulty xbox. i had the same issue with freezing and disc read errors until i exchanged it for another before the 30 days was up from when i bought it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why so many people think this. Microsoft made it pretty clear, the Black pack went up for 800 points by accident. The Red Pack is not being refunded, it's similar to the map pack for Gears, free after a while (probably because it wasn't selling and it was not being played online), only without the advance notice.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I'm assuming I should add ya then? haha. Alright what are you guys rocking weapon wise, and any advice on armor?

I usually use an mp7a1 with silencer. I suck at aiming with shotguns, I'm really good with a sniper too.

edit: This is one of those times when I pray for the next XBL update you will be able to make folders in your friend list. Imagine having it set up like this.

Buddies(for your real life friends)
R6:V CAG Clan(for the cag vegas players)
Good Gears Players(for random people you play in Gears that are good guys and good at the game)[/quote]

I'm rockin the FAMAS with 6X scope, USP40 with high capacity mag,incendiary and frag grenades.

I use a regular Famas, Deagle with high cap mag, Frags/Smokes.

If you do add my to friends list, say CAG or pm me over the forums. I keep getting random friend invites from people and i have no idea who they are so I decline them.

HELP!

ok, i cant figure out whats going on. me and my friend are trying to play RS:Vegas together on some Xbox live ranked matches and we arent seeing the same rooms as each other. and we cant send Game Invites to each other. we even tryed making our own matches and still cant find or invite each other.

whats goin on? this makes no sense. im sort of a xbox noob, maybe im missing somethin simple

ALSO: dont know if it matters, but my rep shows 84% avoided me, possibly cuz my friend was talking alot of shit to people when he was using my xbox. but i still have a 5 star rating....

you can't send invites to ranked games because that would allow team stacking. if you guys are just trying to boost achievements, set the maximum players to 2 and choose Japanese as your language, then have your buddy search for those exact specifications (along with gametype) when looking for ranked matches.

if you guys are just trying to rank up, play player matches or terrorist hunts, you still get XP points.

and remember ranked matches are only good for one round, then you guys will have to set it up all over.

[quote name='kromekoran']you can't send invites to ranked games because that would allow team stacking. if you guys are just trying to boost achievements, set the maximum players to 2 and choose Japanese as your language, then have your buddy search for those exact specifications (along with gametype) when looking for ranked matches.

if you guys are just trying to rank up, play player matches or terrorist hunts, you still get XP points.

and remember ranked matches are only good for one round, then you guys will have to set it up all over.[/quote]

ok that explains a lil bit, but we would try to find the same server and we would both be seeing different named matches, we couldnt find the same name. and yesterday we had no problems. seems strange to me. we just wanna play in the same ranked match server without sending invites.

[quote name='tsg2005']ok that explains a lil bit, but we would try to find the same server and we would both be seeing different named matches, we couldnt find the same name. and yesterday we had no problems. seems strange to me. we just wanna play in the same ranked match server without sending invites.[/quote]

yeah, it can be difficult to get into the same ranked matches.

may I ask why you guys want to play ranked? I mean, there seems to always be more player matches available, and player matches let you play multiple rounds/maps without having to reinvite everyone. like I said, you still get XP in player matches. the only thing ranked matches are good for is getting on the leaderboards, and this game's been out so long there's really no point in trying to climb them.

[quote name='triforcer']i'm pretty sure ubisoft said they're refunding the MS points to anyone who purchased it because supposedly they were meant to be free all along and pricing it was a mistake.[/quote]

I'll believe it when I see it.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'll believe it when I see it.[/QUOTE]
http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/06/29/rainbow-six-vegas-black-pack-update-good-news.aspx

‘Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas Black Pack Downloadable Content for Xbox 360 Live was originally intended to be free content for the fans of Rainbow Six Vegas. We apologize for the error. All players who purchased the Black Pack will be reimbursed automatically.* The Black Pack will be posted Saturday June 30th and will be free of charge. Also, as a token of our appreciation for the Rainbow Six community, we are making the Red Pack free as of Friday July 6th as well. Thanks for playing and we hope you enjoy this free content.’

Make sure your account information is up to date so we can properly apply the credit!

As I understand it the content should go out after 0300 PT.

Edit: * All players who purchased the Black Pack will be reimbursed automatically within 8 to 10 weeks.

AFAIK, players who had purchased Red Map-pack before it was free are not going to get a refund.

I pretty much suck online. My best game I went like, 9-19. But I was also up against like, 4 Elites and a lot of other high ranked players :lol:

I play Ranked Matches, only because I'm pretty sure you get about 2x as much XP. The only time I play player matches are on CAG nights.

[quote name='lordwow']I play Ranked Matches, only because I'm pretty sure you get about 2x as much XP. The only time I play player matches are on CAG nights.[/quote] Hrm I could have sworn ranked matches and player matches get the same amount of xp unless they changed it with an update. I don't really play ranked matches only player matches since I like to game with friends. You could do some T hunt LVU campus if you wanted to rank up fast.

[quote name='Odenat']Hrm I could have sworn ranked matches and player matches get the same amount of xp unless they changed it with an update. I don't really play ranked matches only player matches since I like to game with friends. You could do some T hunt LVU campus if you wanted to rank up fast.[/QUOTE]

Meh, T-Hunt isn't that fun IMO. Team Sharpshooter gains you about 1200 for 20 minutes, and as far as I'm concerned, gets you a lot of skill/experience compared to T-Hunt.

I thought winning a 20 min match of Team Sharpshooter got you 1200 in player matches too? I could be wrong, but seems to me that's what I've noticed.

[quote name='lordwow']Meh, T-Hunt isn't that fun IMO. Team Sharpshooter gains you about 1200 for 20 minutes, and as far as I'm concerned, gets you a lot of skill/experience compared to T-Hunt.[/quote] It really depends on who you play with. I could beat up on sergeants/privates all day. It gets really interesting when you have a room full of brass/silver rankings when you get to see how good you are. If you are interested I could invite you to one of my clans rooms if you don't mind the occasional joke or someone running around with a mac 11/ LMG for fun.

i still dont understand why me and friend dont see the same server names for ranked matches. why would we have different choices of servers and none of them match up?

[quote name='kromekoran']oh snap, Odenat called you out. pistols in the dirt on Streets. we can all watch.

kidding (but that would be kinda cool).[/quote] The sad thing is i've played this game so much i've done that two or three times allready. but Wow has skill from what I can tell the few times i have played with him

[quote name='kromekoran']I thought winning a 20 min match of Team Sharpshooter got you 1200 in player matches too? I could be wrong, but seems to me that's what I've noticed.[/QUOTE]
Realistic High T-Hunts are 600 XP per. If you play with some decent people, you can complete LVU Campus or Presido (sp?) in under 3 minutes.

[quote name='sasukekun']Realistic High T-Hunts are 600 XP per. If you play with some decent people, you can complete LVU Campus or Presido (sp?) in under 3 minutes.[/quote] My personal best on LVU is 1:57 Haven't come close since

Hey anyone here ever come across players they can't hear and that can't hear them ?

From time to time when playing Vegas I'll have people that I can't hear anything they say and they can't hear anything I say. And it always to the same people.

I've got my 360 DMZed and when I play other games with these people I can talk to them fine.

Just an odd little quirk I've been having since the game came out.

hey, anyone hear of this rank reset that's supposedly coming on Wednesday (Aug 1st.)? I hopped in to do some t-hunts and damn near everyone who was close to making Captain was saying they were trying to rank up because anything under Captain will be reset.

I realize rumors like this get started for no damn good reason and the internets (Live) spread them like wildfire, but I'm just curious if anyone has credible info.

the rumor is that they're adding new ranks between Captain and Elite, and more guns.

also tried the official site forums and there's nothing credible over there either, some people saying yes, some no, and no word from a dev or mod.

also, I'm thinking this rumor might have spawned from another rumor saying that the next patch update will boot anyone who glitched up to Elite back down to private (and wtf knows if that shit is credible).

[quote name='DarkYoda']Hey anyone here ever come across players they can't hear and that can't hear them ?

From time to time when playing Vegas I'll have people that I can't hear anything they say and they can't hear anything I say. And it always to the same people.

I've got my 360 DMZed and when I play other games with these people I can talk to them fine.

Just an odd little quirk I've been having since the game came out.[/quote]

Happens to me with this one guy we play with. About a third of the time we can't' hear each other, but other times no problem.

i heard Cheapy and Wombat talk about thurs game nights. it'd be nice if i can join you guys if they added me to their list. oh well, i arrived late...

[quote name='kromekoran']the rumor is that they're adding new ranks between Captain and Elite, and more guns.

also tried the official site forums and there's nothing credible over there either, some people saying yes, some no, and no word from a dev or mod.

also, I'm thinking this rumor might have spawned from another rumor saying that the next patch update will boot anyone who glitched up to Elite back down to private (and wtf knows if that shit is credible).[/quote]

These rumors seem to go around every month or so. I really cannot see them resetting the ranks people have worked hard to get. I can see them resetting the leaderboards though, but I'm not sure anyone pays much attention to those.

If UbiSoft are considering it, I'm not sure why. People are going to glitch and exploit to rank up in this game either way. If they reset the ranks, how many people are going to spend the time to rank up to elite legit again? Then you will have everyone trying to glitch to quickly regain what they lost.

Oh yea, just found these straight from the RB6V forums:

Will there be new ranks added?
Here is the official statement: "There will be no additional multiplayer ranks added to the videogame Rainbow Six Vegas. Ever."

Will there be new weapons added in the next players pack or after that?
There will most likely be none added in the future.

Are the ranks going to be reset?
Currently there are no plans to reset the ranks.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']These rumors seem to go around every month or so. I really cannot see them resetting the ranks people have worked hard to get. I can see them resetting the leaderboards though, but I'm not sure anyone pays much attention to those.

If UbiSoft are considering it, I'm not sure why. People are going to glitch and exploit to rank up in this game either way. If they reset the ranks, how many people are going to spend the time to rank up to elite legit again? Then you will have everyone trying to glitch to quickly regain what they lost.

Oh yea, just found these straight from the RB6V forums:

Will there be new ranks added?
Here is the official statement: "There will be no additional multiplayer ranks added to the videogame Rainbow Six Vegas. Ever."

Will there be new weapons added in the next players pack or after that?
There will most likely be none added in the future.

Are the ranks going to be reset?
Currently there are no plans to reset the ranks.[/QUOTE]

I think it's highly unlikely to add anything between ranks, it'll just really piss off people between mjr and elite. If anything, I think the only logical way they could do it would be to add General ranks above Elite.

But ya, I agree, there's no need for more weapons, there are a ton already, and it's pretty balanced.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Considering... ? Uh... they're free what is there to consider?[/quote]I'm assuming it's a part of speech you aren't familiar with.

has anyone else who purchased the black map packs prior to them being free received a refund from MS yet? Black map pack came out on 6/26 its now been over a month that they have had time to refund me my 800 points. They are either delaying this because they don't know how to fix it and expect people to forget about it, or they are lazy as shit.

Microsoft had better not do this again in the future - It's almost theft. I gotta wait until September 4th before microsoft has passed their self imposed deadline to return me my points.

bread's done
Back