Rally attendees call for torture, lynching of black man

Fix the topic title. rally attendee. singular. that one dude at the end.

Sure, that wacky old lady said 'string him up,' but then advocated for doing the same to scalia. she's a colorblind idiot.

Way to play "gotcha." You've now proven that the left is...um...what, exactly? If this is your way of saying the left is as racist as the right, you're doing a weak job of it. If this is your way of showing white hegemony is still a dominant rhetorical paradigm in the US (the same hegemony people like you denied vehemently all last week), then perhaps you're on to something.

But I doubt you grasp the very idea of white hegemony and white privilege, so I suspect this is just you trying to play "gotcha" by battling anecdotes since that's all you're capable of.

You stopped participating in this forum a long time ago. Showing up once a month to throw a bomb is boring and childish.

I miss PittsburghAfterDark.

A guy early in the video suggests we put Thomas "back in the fields," as well.

Anyway, a better observation would be that the left uses violent rhetoric, too. There was more violence than racism in that video.

[quote name='mykevermin']Fix the topic title. rally attendee. singular. that one dude at the end.

Sure, that wacky old lady said 'string him up,' but then advocated for doing the same to scalia. she's a colorblind idiot.

Way to play "gotcha." You've now proven that the left is...um...what, exactly? If this is your way of saying the left is as racist as the right, you're doing a weak job of it. If this is your way of showing white hegemony is still a dominant rhetorical paradigm in the US (the same hegemony people like you denied vehemently all last week), then perhaps you're on to something.

But I doubt you grasp the very idea of white hegemony and white privilege, so I suspect this is just you trying to play "gotcha" by battling anecdotes since that's all you're capable of.

You stopped participating in this forum a long time ago. Showing up once a month to throw a bomb is boring and childish.

I miss PittsburghAfterDark.[/QUOTE]

No, maybe I figured you'd be consistent as "The Boy Who Cried Race" and launch a profanity-laden rant against the racism of the people featured in the video. I guess it depends on whose ox is being gored. But thanks for showing your hypocrisy for all to see - once again. If this was a Tea Party rally, we'd have to be sweeping pieces of your head up from the floor. Gotcha moment? Hell - you just created your own.

As far as your condescending attitude from up there on your high horse, I couldn't possibly give less of a damn whether I meet your approval or not. Get bent.

If that's your response, you truly don't know what white hegemony is - since that specifically addresses what I saw in the video.

You not knowing something ≠ me not addressing it.

I seem to remember a particular rally in which someone stepped on someones head. Also a situation in which someone allegedly spit on a black senator.

Funny part is that most right wing people on this forum would agree that this really does represent an individuals actions and does not depict the views of most left winged people.

Those other topics were not the actions of individual idiots, but obviously the festering racism and views of all of the white people gathered around, just itching to let it all out right?

I said it before and I will say it again, consistancy matters. You guys jump from "it was an individual!" to "it definately represents the views of the group" whenever it best suits you.

edit: I was hoping to provide quotes but it looks as if those topics were deleted. Unless they are off topic in another topic. I don't feel like looking.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']A guy early in the video suggests we put Thomas "back in the fields," as well.

Anyway, a better observation would be that the left uses violent rhetoric, too. There was more violence than racism in that video.[/QUOTE]

About half/half? Depends on whether you believe that the term "lynching" is racially charged or not.

[quote name='mykevermin']If that's your response, you truly don't know what white hegemony is - since that specifically addresses what I saw in the video.

You not knowing something ≠ me not addressing it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's right. I don't know what hegemony is because I don't have a doctorate in some meaningless discipline. Sounds about right. Is the air a lot fresher up there where you are?

:shock:[quote name='Don Chubo']Yes, that's right. I don't know what hegemony is because I don't have a doctorate in some meaningless discipline. Sounds about right. Is the air a lot fresher up there where you are?[/QUOTE]
:shock:

Holy shit. Is that seriously "I don't understand the argument, and you're more educated than me, so I'm right?"

Or is it "I understand the argument, but it doesn't apply and your education is stupid, so you're a douchebag."

I can't get a feel other than the complete anti-intellectualism.

[quote name='Don Chubo']About half/half? Depends on whether you believe that the term "lynching" is racially charged or not.[/QUOTE]

Eh, the stuff about cutting off toes, stringing up Scalia, killing Roger Ailes, etc wasn't racism. There's more violence than racism, final answer.

[quote name='Quillion']:shock:
:shock:

Holy shit. Is that seriously "I don't understand the argument, and you're more educated than me, so I'm right?"

Or is it "I understand the argument, but it doesn't apply and your education is stupid, so you're a douchebag."

I can't get a feel other than the complete anti-intellectualism.[/QUOTE]

I said neither, and it isn't anti-intellectualism. Thanks for stopping by.

isn't this about the time that strell comes in and threadjacks for something like, violet liberal penis vs conservative racist penis something or other.

[quote name='Don Chubo']I said neither, and it isn't anti-intellectualism. Thanks for stopping by.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you're welcome! Always glad to deal with an awesome prostitute wrangler such as yourself!

Holy shit, this thread delivers the lulz. Damn you Myke and yer reading and learnin' we don't need none that round here.

[quote name='Don Chubo']No, maybe I figured you'd be consistent as "The Boy Who Cried Race" and launch a profanity-laden rant against the racism of the people featured in the video. I guess it depends on whose ox is being gored. But thanks for showing your hypocrisy for all to see - once again. If this was a Tea Party rally, we'd have to be sweeping pieces of your head up from the floor. Gotcha moment? Hell - you just created your own.

As far as your condescending attitude from up there on your high horse, I couldn't possibly give less of a damn whether I meet your approval or not. Get bent.[/QUOTE]

dipshits like you go NUTS when we point out racists at tea party rallies. 'THEY DO NOT REPRESENT TEA PARTY'.

Then when you see some dipshits calling for torture/lynching at a liberal rally you paint with GIGANTIC strokes. progressives (PLURAL). And it's totally okay when you do it to the left right?

Goddamn Bush Republicans are unprincipled hacks. People like you were MIA during 8 years of George W Bush's out of control spending. The only people protesting that shit were Paulistinians/Libertarians. Then a fucking Democrat shows up and continues that same level of spending and you cry foul. It's a little disgusting but kind of funny.

[quote name='IRHari']dipshits like you go NUTS when we point out racists at tea party rallies. 'THEY DO NOT REPRESENT TEA PARTY'.

Then when you see some dipshits calling for torture/lynching at a liberal rally you paint with GIGANTIC strokes. progressives (PLURAL). And it's totally okay when you do it to the left right?

Goddamn Bush Republicans are unprincipled hacks. People like you were MIA during 8 years of George W Bush's out of control spending. The only people protesting that shit were Paulistinians/Libertarians. Then a fucking Democrat shows up and continues that same level of spending and you cry foul. It's a little disgusting but kind of funny.[/QUOTE]
They were too busy calling people un-patriotic, traitors, and renaming french fries into freedom fries. It's a full time job you know.

LIEberal prick that you are should know the difference.

[quote name='mykevermin']

Sure, that wacky old lady said 'string him up,' but then advocated for doing the same to scalia. she's a colorblind idiot..[/QUOTE]

It would have been more on point to suggest stringing up Scalia with pasta.

Name calling and threadcrapping. As suspected.

As far as what I said about myke, it wasn't anything to do with anti-intellectualism, and of course you all know that - but if you want to use that to dog me out, go on. Anyone who would bother trying to actually comprehend what they read would know that it was a shot at his high-and-mighty attitude.

[quote name='IRHari']dipshits like you go NUTS when we point out racists at tea party rallies. 'THEY DO NOT REPRESENT TEA PARTY'.

Goddamn Bush Republicans are unprincipled hacks. People like you were MIA during 8 years of George W Bush's out of control spending. The only people protesting that shit were Paulistinians/Libertarians. Then a fucking Democrat shows up and continues that same level of spending and you cry foul. It's a little disgusting but kind of funny.[/QUOTE]

There are racist/violent douche types in both the tea party and activist progressive circles. Kinda sucks, but I think dialogue would be improved and might advance somewhere if we all accepted that.

I haven't read any articles or watched clips, so enlighten me: where's the proof these are legit Democrats beyond their spatial placement?

Also

penispenispenis

I don't think they represent the views of liberals. Oh sorry I forgot you have your fingers in your ears going lalalalalalalalalalalala

bread's done
Back