Rand Paul.... you been warned but people don't care

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']I think Clak is the most useless and ignorant person here. Now where is that ignore button?[/QUOTE]

He is too pig headed that is for sure.

While the dems used to play fake the outrage while Bush went on his Constitutional rampage, its quite sad and DISTURBING that the Republicans were all but silent and supportive of Obama Constitutional rampage.

Don't worry you no longer have the right to challenge the drone strike, Al Alwaki father petition the court but that didn't stop the USA from killing both Al Alwaki and his 16yr old son..

seeing as how everyone hates the current policy I wonder what you all would like in it's place.

For me, I would like to every drone strike approved by some sort of oversight (congressional group?)

If there was a case where there wasn't time, the White House would have to let the public know after the fact with reasoning why oversight couldn't be obtained.

[quote name='usickenme']seeing as how everyone hates the current policy I wonder what you all would like in it's place.

For me, I would like to every drone strike approved by some sort of oversight (congressional group?)

If there was a case where there wasn't time, the White House would have to let the public know after the fact with reasoning why oversight couldn't be obtained.[/QUOTE]

Why is it the POTUS can just order a assassination of any american and it is legal and with no legal ramification, however if a american decided to order a assassination of a gov't official it is a crime?

If a citizen can be assassinated due to treason or attempted treason ( via terrorist acts ), why would gov't officals who knowingly and purposefully attempts to violate the Constitution he/she swore a oath to defend be not held to the same treason offense.

The difference is that the gov't has POWER, AUTHORITY and FORCE to push through treason while those below only can be treason-ous via voice or the last resort violence?

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']I think Clak is the most useless and ignorant person here. Now where is that ignore button?[/QUOTE]

:lol:

*sits back and waits for the flame war to begin*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='usickenme']seeing as how everyone hates the current policy I wonder what you all would like in it's place.

If there was a case where there wasn't time, the White House would have to let the public know after the fact with reasoning why oversight couldn't be obtained.[/QUOTE]

No drone strikes, no war on terror, no assassinations, no secret prisons, no indefinite detention, no exporting torture to foreign countries then claiming we don't torture, no national security state that allows the government to look at whatever it wants, all sanctions immediately nullified and diplomatic relations with all nations returned to normal status, and all foreign aid ended. If someone is found to have been material to an operation that took lives and that individual resides in a foreign country, then the M.O. should be to work with the country in which that person resides to arrest him and bring him here for trial in a civilian court.

In addition to this, several carriers would be immediately sent to the Middle East, and troop withdrawal from all bases, outposts, and occupations would begin. Once bases and outposts are vacated, they would be shut down and the land and anything left on it returned to the host country. Upon arrival in the US, said carriers and troops would be decommissioned immediately.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']No drone strikes, no war on terror, no assassinations, no secret prisons, no indefinite detention, no exporting torture to foreign countries then claiming we don't torture, no national security state that allows the government to look at whatever it wants, all sanctions immediately nullified and diplomatic relations with all nations returned to normal status, and all foreign aid ended. If someone is found to have been material to an operation that took lives and that individual resides in a foreign country, then the M.O. should be to work with the country in which that person resides to arrest him and bring him here for trial in a civilian court.

In addition to this, several carriers would be immediately sent to the Middle East, and troop withdrawal from all bases, outposts, and occupations would begin. Once bases and outposts are vacated, they would be shut down and the land and anything left on it returned to the host country. Upon arrival in the US, said carriers and troops would be decommissioned immediately.[/QUOTE]

Great wish list. I'd support this if it were not kept off the table by the powers that be. There is support from a majority of the population to deescalate our interventionism. But, hey, what does the citizenry matter when you have multinational corporations who want to go in the opposite direction?

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']No drone strikes, no war on terror, no assassinations, no secret prisons, no indefinite detention, no exporting torture to foreign countries then claiming we don't torture, no national security state that allows the government to look at whatever it wants, all sanctions immediately nullified and diplomatic relations with all nations returned to normal status, and all foreign aid ended. If someone is found to have been material to an operation that took lives and that individual resides in a foreign country, then the M.O. should be to work with the country in which that person resides to arrest him and bring him here for trial in a civilian court.

In addition to this, several carriers would be immediately sent to the Middle East, and troop withdrawal from all bases, outposts, and occupations would begin. Once bases and outposts are vacated, they would be shut down and the land and anything left on it returned to the host country. Upon arrival in the US, said carriers and troops would be decommissioned immediately.[/QUOTE]Clear, concise and perfect.

In addition to this, several carriers would be immediately sent to the Middle East, and troop withdrawal from all bases, outposts, and occupations would begin. Once bases and outposts are vacated, they would be shut down and the land and anything left on it returned to the host country. Upon arrival in the US, said carriers and troops would be decommissioned immediately.[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this except the "end all foreign aid" part.

I do feel that most foreign "aid" should be ended, but there are situations (like, say, the Haitian quake) where we need to step up and help out. But, there needs to be a clear plan in place for getting in, getting the aid to the people who need it and getting out.

[quote name='UncleBob']I agree with all of this except the "end all foreign aid" part.

I do feel that most foreign "aid" should be ended, but there are situations (like, say, the Haitian quake) where we need to step up and help out. But, there needs to be a clear plan in place for getting in, getting the aid to the people who need it and getting out.[/QUOTE]

Only if it doesn't add to our debt would I agree. Currently we borrow .46 of every gov't dollar spent. Justifying adding more debt to our own country to help another sovereign nation goes against the protection of the US that politicians swear to. Times of war could sometimes be excused, but disaster relief needs to be on a volunteer and charity based program for other countries. If we could get our act together and run a surplus again, then I'm all for helping out with tax money.

[quote name='UncleBob']
I do feel that most foreign "aid" should be ended, but there are situations (like, say, the Haitian quake) where we need to step up and help out.[/QUOTE]
The United States government sent $41 million to Haiti while the people of the United States sent 1.1 billion.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...ZbdERLcUpLbjMxRlRHMFVmTGs2Ty1IQ1E&hl=en&gid=2

So if you zero out that $41 million, would it make much of a difference when the people are already so generous?

[quote name='Spokker']The United States government sent $41 million to Haiti while the people of the United States sent 1.1 billion.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...ZbdERLcUpLbjMxRlRHMFVmTGs2Ty1IQ1E&hl=en&gid=2

So if you zero out that $41 million, would it make much of a difference when the people are already so generous?[/QUOTE]

Good point. Foreign aid is basically - bribery money with conditions. It's not much to do with aid and more with foreign relations.

The military can do martial law if they want to. The government bought 25,000 transport vehicles and around 2 billion bullets .223 and 9MM I think.

[quote name='ready4war']The military can do martial law if they want to. The government bought 25,000 transport vehicles and around 2 billion bullets .223 and 9MM I think.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but they'll side with the citizenry when shit goes down, right?:rofl:

Btw, you know those 2,000,000,000 bullets you're going full nutjob on? They're meant for practice and qualifying as well as on-duty carrying. If you do the math, you'll find that it isn't that many per person that needs to carry on the job. I'm surprised that you didn't get specific and mention the number that the IRS or some other innocuous agency is getting bullets like other fringe right-wing sites.

edit: LOLZ@Commie-Mart instead of Walmart.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back