Random Cheapass idea

magilacudy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
As I was browsing through EB and Compusa today I saw a couple of PS2 and Xbox games that looked interesting. They were on sale at about $14-$15 each. One game, I grabbed in a deathgrip (Godzilla) because the cheapest I've seen it anywhere was $25 and got modest reviews. But the others, I had no damn clue on how good they were or if that was the cheapest possible price.

I call and text my brother and some of my friends to look up the price and reviews for me. No one responds. My phone can go on the Internet, but it crashes trying to load CAG or Gamerankings. So then it dawned on me...

Why not make the CAG-o-matic or similar game price list WAP enabled for Internet phones? That could be done with Gamerankings as well. So if you come upon a random gamestore and decide to check out games, you can just load the site and look up the lowest price, GR average review and a short summary of the review. There would be little or no graphics and fully text based.

Does that sound like a good idea, or does such a site exist already?

Not sure how it would work but more of a vote for the idea. I've had several times when I tried to call to check on a how great a cheap ass deal really was..only to miss the call to my brother to validate it.

[quote name='magilacudy'] One game, I grabbed in a deathgrip (Godzilla) because the cheapest I've seen it anywhere was $25 and got modest reviews.[/quote]
Are you talking about Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters for Xbox? I've seen it clearanced at Kmart for 7.99.

I remember reading an article about that. They would link camera phones too. So, you could take a picture on your camera phone, and in iunder a minute you could post that picture as well as a text mesage to the online forum. So, when someone finds hat Suikoden II for $15 at a garage sale, they cna post a pic and prove it real time!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I remember reading an article about that. They would link camera phones too. So, you could take a picture on your camera phone, and in iunder a minute you could post that picture as well as a text mesage to the online forum. So, when someone finds hat Suikoden II for $15 at a garage sale, they cna post a pic and prove it real time![/quote]

Now that would be awesome.

Sounds like a good idea, but isn't the problem your phone that is not capable of loading CAG?

Anyway, speaking of phones I thought I would warn you guys about using your cedit cards and other important info close to people talking on cell phones cause now thieves are pretending to talk on the phone, but are really taking pics of people's credit cards and other important info. So if your about to swipe your card and there is someone behind you talking on their cell be careful!

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I remember reading an article about that. They would link camera phones too. So, you could take a picture on your camera phone, and in iunder a minute you could post that picture as well as a text mesage to the online forum. So, when someone finds hat Suikoden II for $15 at a garage sale, they cna post a pic and prove it real time![/quote]

Now that would be awesome.[/quote]

Yes, yes it would, because we could all drive to the same garage sale and we could all buy copies of the same title for the same price.

i suggested this idea months ago, cheapy said he'd look into it. it would b really convenient if v could post deals v saw instore off our cell phones.

bread's done
Back