Rank the NIS games

Fatesealer

CAGiversary!
In order from one to five, five being least favorite, what do you rank the games? Them being La Pucelle Tactics, Disgaea, Phantom Brave, Atelier Iris, and Makai Kingdom.

5) Makai Kingdom
4) La Pucelle Tactics
3) Atelier Iris
2) Phantom Brave
1) Disgaea

Makai Kingdom just feels tacked together... certainly the game is fun and all, but it still has this overall feelng of 'meh', or maybe I've been spoiled by the other games. Besides, I don't feel compelled to 'care' about Zetta and his story; I'm just playing through till the end on autopilot.

La Pucelle had its moments but it lost steam near the end... to this day, I have yet to finsih the game or bother restarting it...

Atelier Iris is pretty good but it's limited by the travel system and the fact that it has so few towns and secrets NIS games are trademark for.

Phantom Brave is my own personal hell, due to the fact that I powerleveled for days on weapons and on people, until I had a strong Marona, a near invincible Ash, and a rogue's gallery of flat out bulls in terms of swordsmen (and women... Amazon). I beat that sumbitch on my last sliver of health so I earned that goddamn ending...

Which leads me to Disgaea: the one game of my entire gaming collection that I have never traded off and still own the very original copy I initially bought in 2003. I had it for months before I even came close to beating the game and when I did I felt excited. Sure I powerleveled but damnit, the final boss (no spoilers) was a bitch to beat. I'll definitely go through the game again someday.

[quote name='Fatesealer']

5) Makai Kingdom
4) La Pucelle Tactics
3) Atelier Iris
2) Phantom Brave
1) Disgaea

[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Makai Kingdom yet, but if you switch Phantom Brave and Atelier, that's how I feel.

Damn, some of you have Makai Kingdom pretty high you your list... is it really better than Phantom Brave and La Pucelle? I'm kinda skeptical...

MY 1000th post!:D

1. Disgaea
2. Atelier Iris
3. La Pucelle
4. Makai Kingdom
5. Phantom Brave

But it was hard to rank them. I'm an SRPG junkie, and these are all excellent games (yes, I know Atelier isn't an SRPG).

Disgaea
La Pucelle
Phantom Brave

Haven't played Makai or Atelier yet, but I'm a fan of the grid based gameplay rather than the sphere-based Phantom Brave and Makai has, so my list will probably be like this:
Disgaea
Atelier Iris
La Pucelle
Makai Kingdom
Phantom Brave

I forgot to mention, I hated most of the characters and story in Phantom Brave.

5) Makai Kingdom
4) La Pucelle Tactics
3) Atelier Iris
2) Phantom Brave
1) Disgaea

Agreed. But I don't enjoy any of them. so...

0) Makai Kingdom
0) La Pucelle Tactics
0) Atelier Iris
0) Phantom Brave
0) Disgaea

bread's done
Back