6. Gameboy Color
7. Gameboy Pocket
8. Virtual Boy
9. Gameboy

1. NES (by far...)
2. SNES
3. GameCube
4. N64

I like them all though. I'm not ranking portables and I am including Virtual Boy in that, but I like their portables a lot less than the consoles really, and VB is probably the worst gaming machine ever built.

1.) nes
2.) N64
3.) GameCube
4.) Snes

I know many people would disagree with my list, but that is the order I choose. :wink:

I am sure snes would be be higher on the list if I got it before I bought my n64, and bought more games for it. :cry:

damn why 64 looked at so low by everyone

No Kidding, what is with the 64 hate? :)

my order would have to be...

1 Nintendo 64
2 SNES
3 NES and Gamecube in a tie

I absolutely loved the aki wrestling games for N64 along with the top notch platformers.

I've already posted my list, but my reason for ranking the N64 low is that most of the games that I loved at the time (Super Mario 64, Zelda: OOT, F-Zero X, Star Fox 64, Goldeneye, etc.) are also on the Gamecube in updated/sequel form, and a helluva lot easier on the eyes. Plus, the Gamecube has Metroid Prime/2, Pikmin/2, Eternal Darkness and Animal Crossing.

I can see why some would rank SNES and NES higher, especially if you still prefer 2D, but I fail to see why someone would rank N64 over Gamecube.

that is exactly why i choose the n64 over gc, the games you have listed had pretty much the same gameplay on the gc. But n64 was the one to have the gameplay first, which gave me more joy.

CONSOLES... that's why you don't include the gameboy... although the virtual boy is amusing, I really wish I had bought one for $30 when I had the chance.

Anyway, I love all nintendo products, but here's my rank:

1. SNES
2. GC
3. NES
4. N64

tough call all around really, but the SNES had the most versatility at the time, and 3rd party developers. That was just a sweet system, and was when Nintendo was on top of the video game industry. The 64 marked Nintendo's downfall, they were too stubborn to move to cds and it killed them. They lost developers and customers, and squaresoft. True there were some very good games, mainly all the Rare ones (and yes that includes Blastcorps) and the THQ wrestling games, which were superior to the current ones. Now the GC sees nintendo rebuilding and has quite a few decent games on it, I don't think I've ever got so many games so fast for one system. Then there's the classic Nintendo. Really all four systems were the best in their genre IMHO, well maybe not the 64, but the other 3 were.

On N64: I like it a lot. It has my favorite game of all time (NBA Hangtime) on it, as a matter of fact. I like it a lot more than Playstation or Saturn. It blows Playstation away comprehensively. However, the other Nintendo systems are just better than it. N64/Playstation is easily the weakest generation of video game machines in the history of VGs.

[quote name='coolz481']I've already posted my list, but my reason for ranking the N64 low is that most of the games that I loved at the time (Super Mario 64, Zelda: OOT, F-Zero X, Star Fox 64, Goldeneye, etc.) are also on the Gamecube in updated/sequel form, and a helluva lot easier on the eyes. Plus, the Gamecube has Metroid Prime/2, Pikmin/2, Eternal Darkness and Animal Crossing.

I can see why some would rank SNES and NES higher, especially if you still prefer 2D, but I fail to see why someone would rank N64 over Gamecube.[/quote]

But.. Star Fox's new addition isn't even out yet, you can't put out the verdict.

Golden Eye will never be replaced, and is CERTAINLY not present on next-gen systems.

Ocarina of Time was a completely different beast than Wind Waker, and was certainly a better game in the majority's eyes.

Sunshine? Read above - this game also falls in to the category of games that were updated, but weren't updated better (Mario Kart, etc).

At the moment, I'd rate the Nintendo 64 over the Gamecube easily for the reasons above and beyond.

1. SNES Without a doubt
2. tie N64 GC
3. NES

I really couldn't narrow it down any further than that... so many good memories with the N64 and i really don't play my cube as much as other systems. Unfortunately i'm not old school enough to have enjoyed the glory days of NES.

You can look at this ranking from 2 different point of views.
IF ALL 4 OF THESE SYSTEMS CAME OUT TODAY THEN "OBVIOUSLY" THIS IS THE ORDER OF HOW THEY WOULD RANK:
1. GAMECUBE
2. N64
3. SNES
4. NES (just horrible graphics and sound compared to the other 3 systems)

BUT IF YOU LOOK AT WHAT ALL 3 SYSTEMS ACCOMPLISHED IN THEIR OWN TIME PERIODs: then
1. SNES (had so many titles that were good, very respected in its day)
2. N64 (the first truely 3D gaming system that looked Cutting Edge)
3. NES (even though this system put Nintendo on the map, I still hated the grahics and sound!)
4. GAMECUBE (but this system is obviously the best in graphics and cutting edge system.....it just happens to be in 3rd place behind XBox and PS2 today).

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='coolz481']I've already posted my list, but my reason for ranking the N64 low is that most of the games that I loved at the time (Super Mario 64, Zelda: OOT, F-Zero X, Star Fox 64, Goldeneye, etc.) are also on the Gamecube in updated/sequel form, and a helluva lot easier on the eyes. Plus, the Gamecube has Metroid Prime/2, Pikmin/2, Eternal Darkness and Animal Crossing.

I can see why some would rank SNES and NES higher, especially if you still prefer 2D, but I fail to see why someone would rank N64 over Gamecube.[/quote]

But.. Star Fox's new addition isn't even out yet, you can't put out the verdict.

Golden Eye will never be replaced, and is CERTAINLY not present on next-gen systems.

Ocarina of Time was a completely different beast than Wind Waker, and was certainly a better game in the majority's eyes.

Sunshine? Read above - this game also falls in to the category of games that were updated, but weren't updated better (Mario Kart, etc).

At the moment, I'd rate the Nintendo 64 over the Gamecube easily for the reasons above and beyond.[/quote]

Wow I feel much differently. There is no equal to Goldeneye on any present system this is true. However, I enjoyed Wind Waker and SMS better than OOT and Mario 64. Also you're leaving out stuff like SSBM (much better than SSB) and Pikmin, for example. I think Cube has a much stronger lineup of games already than N64 did when it bit the dust.

[quote name='pinballwiz2004d']You can look at this ranking from 2 different point of views.
IF ALL 4 OF THESE SYSTEMS CAME OUT TODAY THEN "OBVIOUSLY" THIS IS THE ORDER OF HOW THEY WOULD RANK:
1. GAMECUBE
2. N64
3. SNES
4. NES (just horrible graphics and sound compared to the other 3 systems)[/quote]

Not "obviously" at all, if you don't focus on graphics but rather on fun (and that means gameplay). I still play NES more than any other system. What do graphics matter when you're having fun? Do you hate Beethoven's 5th Symphony because it doesn't have synthesized sound samples and electric guitar?

As a matter of fact, I love Beethovens 5th Symphony, it even blows away that sorry NES system.
I can understand how the strategy and addictive nature of the 2D games of NES can be a better cup of tea to some old school gamers than todays 3D dribble. But I'm sold on the changing times. Ive also had more fun playing my Old Commodore 64 and AMIGA and PC systems for games (back in the day) more so than the ole 2D NES console.

:lol: And I only said gamecube is "OBVIOUSLY" #1 if you released all of these Nintendo systems TODAY; then I bet you more people (especially the new generation and many of the ole generation) would go for the most modern Nintendo system--GAMECUBE, especially if all the systems had a 100 dollar price tag. ... Even the ole SNES blows away that old NES system. And Gamecube is plenty of fun despite being in 3D ; and plus has the better graphics....not 2D strategy addictive nature type games , but still FUN never the less.

But its a preference thing, I understand where the ole school gamer is coming from, how they have ole favorites on their ole 1985 NES. I'd also take the old Arcade 2D Classics of MAME over those NES games. Ive seen it , done it , and heard it all before. But, We are all entitled to our own opinions.
8) :wink:

SNES (Except for possibly the PS1 no other console has the number of superb games)
GC (Doesn't have as many games, but the excellent games it has are untouched)
N64 (Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, Mario 64 - enough said)
NES (It was good at the time, but everyone who honestly belives it is better than the others is just deluded by nostalgia)

[quote name='Tromack']NES (It was good at the time, but everyone who honestly belives it is better than the others is just deluded by nostalgia)[/quote]

You're crazy.

[quote name='elprincipe'][quote name='Tromack']NES (It was good at the time, but everyone who honestly belives it is better than the others is just deluded by nostalgia)[/quote]

You're crazy.[/quote]

Never said I wasn't. I only said all the people are delusional. I'm not a graphics whore, but I am a fun whore. The games were good, no great, at the time, but there are very few 8-bit games that can hold up to any other generation. The megamans 2-3, mario 1-3, and tetris are the only ones off the top of my head that truly hold up. The contras are close and so is punch out, but I stand by what I said.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']1. N64
2. Gamecube
3. SNES
4. NES

I'm a new schooler. I don't have have any memories of the glory days.[/quote]
yup same list for me

bread's done
Back