Ranma 1/2 Season 5 Question

Barney

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
There's this guy on my local craigslist selling the fifth season of ranma 1/2 for a good price. But he says that his copy was manufactured in Japan. So i'm thinking its the Japanese release.

Does it come in English too? and is the value around the same as the NA version?

this is the picture he posted

3Md3Le3N75N85K65Fdd48b030952f9dce1c8a.jpg

That's a bootleg, man. Don't let him fool you. That's about as bootleg as it comes. Well, the ones on the left are (top and bottom), but the other three appear to be legit. (keyword, appear) The green one IS the fifth season collection, though, but if he were trying to sell you other bootlegs, the others could be legit-looking bootlegs.

Personally, I'd be suspicious about these. At the very minimum, the two DVD sets on the left-hand-side of the image are counterfeit Chinese releases. The Chinese releases will be more compressed than the officially licensed US release and may have computer-generated "Engrish" subtitles. The covers of the three releases on the right side of the image are the official American cover art, so they're either the official Viz Media releases, or they're also Chinese bootleg copies.

For reference, the official American TV series DVD sets were five-discs each. The official Japanese DVD release was not released in "season" sets. And the official Japanese DVDs do not include any English at all.

The one on the lower right corner looks legit, as does the lower middle.

The problem is that a lot of Viz's single disc Ranma stuff looks like a bootleg, especially Movie 2.

Unless he means "manufactured in japan", that's an easy way to tell it's a bootleg. Even then, it wouldn't make sense, due to Warner Bros. being the one printing those for Viz before they went out of print.

Like FJO mentioned, Japan didn't release season sets, they did individual volume releases.

At this point, since there's obvious bootlegs in that pic, I'd question if any of the DVDs he's selling are legit discs.

I knew someone once who had the the set pictured in the lower left and I can confirm that that one for sure is bootleg.

[quote name='DNukem170']The one on the lower right corner looks legit, as does the lower middle.

The problem is that a lot of Viz's single disc Ranma stuff looks like a bootleg, especially Movie 2.[/QUOTE]

Yes this one is bootleg i can almost guarantee it

bread's done
Back