[RANT] UKMail? More like UKFail!

PhaperPlane

CAGiversary!
Okay so, I've recently bought Halo Wars Limited Edition for £19.99. (For you Americans in the audience, that is about $32. A great deal!) However, I would of picked the free delivery option via Royal Mail 1st Class Signed for, but Royal Mail (Our equivalent of United States Postal Service) are on strike at the moment for 3 days (And 2 days next week.)

I looked at my options, TNT which would cost £6 ($9) or UKMail for £1.99 ($4). Now UKMail were doing a special offer during the postal strikes and reduced the price of shipping. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me! So I went with UKMail next day delivery.
That was on Thursday. Today, I was expecting an email saying it would be sent to me today or tomorrow, I didn't mind which.

At about midday I checked using the tracking number I had been provided. "Your number doesn't match our database."

WUT. :shock:

I waited a few hours, and again, same message. Okay, so where is it? The retailer doesn't have it, they dispatched it, I don't have it, so where is it? Jump forward a few hours ahead. I receive an email from them. I thought "Oh God they lost it. Now what?" But it said the tracking number on the title of the email, so it's gotta be good news right? "Your item xxxxxxx will be delivered on Monday."

MONDAY?! :whistle2:x

Hold on a second, this was supposed to be next day delivery! I look on their website and see if they deliver on a Saturday, if they didn't fair enough then, I'd let it slide. I looked and it said they do deliver on a Saturday. So why are you delivering on Monday! I looked at where it was and it was only an hours drive from where I live. So why does it have to wait till Monday? Just a bit annoyed I paid for this "Next Day Delivery." UKFail are worse than Royal Fail. Ugh, I was looking forward to chilling out with some Halo Wars this weekend during my Half Term break from school. But I guess that will have to wait till Monday.

So, that's my rant over. :lol:

How about you CAG? Ever had any annoying shipping stories to tell?

I'm guessing with the Royal Mail strike, UKMail is inundated with orders, so it would take them a little longer to deliver anything. They'd be especially swamped if they're offering discounted shipping. If they don't deliver on Sunday, and they're so busy that all one-day orders get bumped to two-days, then it would be logical that you'd get it on Monday.

Shipping delays suck, but they're inevitable. Sorry about your bad experience.

bread's done
Back