Rapid Fire Controllers, LED mods, and more 10% off @ customgamingworld.com

THPS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
URL: http://www.customgamingworld.com

Hey,

I am the owner of this new site and would like to start by offering a coupon code for CAGers for 10% off any purchase. During checkout, use the code CAG10.

I am a platinum powerseller on eBay for 10 years now and have sold thousands of modded controllers and other items. Each item is backed by a one year warranty and is guaranteed to be much better than the cheap controllers you get on eBay, most of which are DOA and do not work properly. My controllers have been perfected and work with COD5, Halo 3, and many more.

With each controller you have LED options as well as "blackout" options.

Here are links to some of the most popular items:

Blacked out w/ White LEDs ($98.99 AC)

Yellow ($107.99 AC)

I know my site is in need of a lot of work, I am currently getting someone to redesign it, but for now it is doing its job.

NOTE: I already got CheapyD's permission before posting this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn the black Xbox controller looks sick. Too bad I don't have a 360. I was looking forward to looking at some modded PS3 controllers but sall good. Let me just say that I think your work is pretty good, even if the price is a bit steep for me. Just wanted to let you know that, keep it up, and if you ever have any modded DS3's, I'll make sure to check it out. Stay up and good luck to your new site.

This guy is a 5 year CAG who asked if he could post a thread. I said yes.
If you don't like it, you can contact me, but please stop trolling here.

I understand your concerns about rapid-fire, but Microsoft has officially licensed these Hori rapid-fire controllers which are sold by every retailer in Japan. Looks like they are coming to the USA soon.

[quote name='CheapyD']This guy is a 5 year CAG who asked if he could post a thread. I said yes.

I understand your concerns about rapid-fire, but Microsoft has officially licensed these Hori rapid-fire controllers which are sold by every retailer in Japan. Looks like they are coming to the USA soon.[/quote]

CheapyD,

Those Hori controllers only offer rapid fire only on the front buttons not the triggers. My understanding is Microsoft does not license turbo functionality on the trigger buttons for FPS.

[quote name='etheidon']CheapyD,

Those Hori controllers only offer rapid fire only on the front buttons not the triggers.

Etheidon[/quote]

The difference? Besides one's for fighting games and one's shooters. If you call one cheating the other has to be cheating also. So if you've ever played a fighting game (let's say Street Fighter, for Blanka's shock attack or Chun-Li's hurricane kick) with turbo buttons on you are also a cheater. So everyone who uses those really cool (also expensive) Street Fighter TE Fightsticks with the turbo on you are also a cheater by this definition.

Fighting game lovers have spent at least this much on a good arcade stick before because it gives them an advantage compared to just using a controller. This is IMO the shooter equivalent to that.

[quote name='samurai388']The difference? Besides one's for fighting games and one's shooters. If you call one cheating the other has to be cheating also. So if you've ever played a fighting game (let's say Street Fighter, for Blanka's shock attack or Chun-Li's hurricane kick) with turbo buttons on you are also a cheater. So everyone who uses those really cool (also expensive) Street Fighter TE Fightsticks with the turbo on you are also a cheater by this definition.

Fighting game lovers have spent at least this much on a good arcade stick before because it gives them an advantage compared to just using a controller. This is IMO the shooter equivalent to that.[/quote]

The difference is for most FPS games (COD5,COD4,Halo3, GOW1/2) you cannot remap the trigger keys to the face buttons, so a rapid fire mod is required to get the triggers working with turbo. If i'm using a high powered weapon that should only fire once per second, the game is balanced by a lower power weapon that fires twice per second. Adding rapid fire disrupts the balance intended by the developers.

[quote name='etheidon']The difference is for most FPS games (COD5,COD4,Halo3, GOW1/2) you cannot remap the trigger keys to the face buttons, so a rapid fire mod is required to get the triggers working with turbo. If i'm using a high powered weapon that should only fire once per second, the game is balanced by a lower power weapon that fires twice per second. Adding rapid fire disrupts the balance intended by the developers.[/quote]

I don't really see your point about remapping the buttons. Both of the controllers are technically modified from what a stock controller is. What if a legitimate controller maker like MadCatz came out with a trigger rapid fire controller?

I can pull the trigger by myself about as a MP40 on CoD:W@W so this for me is kinda pointless since I can already fire pretty close to that. I know alot of people on XBL that can shoot as fast as me that don't have rapid fire mods also.

A lot of the pros use standard controllers because they like the manual triggering of shots or burst shots. rapid fire buttons and triggers would benefit those who are kind of lazy and don't want to deal with timings and just want to expunge ammo automatically. cooldowns and delays between shots on rifles are software controlled anyways. So if you added rapid fire on a button or trigger, the game wouldn't allowyou to fire faster shots on rifles anyways. And for machine gun type weapons, you usually just have to hold the trigger to keep pumping ammo on your opponent. A turbo button or trigger would probably just make the machine slower. The only way i see the advantage of turbo would be a pistol. now, pistol vs rifles or machine guns. Yeah, I dont see the advantage with a low ammo clip pistol vs rifles or other rapid guns. Even so, the third party company can easily update the game so rapid fire buttons or triggers could not give an advantage with pistols or other guns over people who play with standard controllers "IF" there was enough complaints off the players online.

[quote name='Alucard400']A lot of the pros use standard controllers because they like the manual triggering of shots or burst shots. rapid fire buttons and triggers would benefit those who are kind of lazy and don't want to deal with timings and just want to expunge ammo automatically. cooldowns and delays between shots on rifles are software controlled anyways. So if you added rapid fire on a button or trigger, the game wouldn't allowyou to fire faster shots on rifles anyways. And for machine gun type weapons, you usually just have to hold the trigger to keep pumping ammo on your opponent. A turbo button or trigger would probably just make the machine slower. The only way i see the advantage of turbo would be a pistol. now, pistol vs rifles or machine guns. Yeah, I dont see the advantage with a low ammo clip pistol vs rifles or other rapid guns. Even so, the third party company can easily update the game so rapid fire buttons or triggers could not give an advantage with pistols or other guns over people who play with standard controllers "IF" there was enough complaints off the players online.[/quote]

It actually makes a lot of full auto weapons more accurate, though yes a little slower. Then they'd would have to limit the fire rate like they did on COD WAW to limit the fire rate because they can't detect the controller. Making it to where semi-autos can't fire as fast as you can pull the trigger would make them all useless sorta like the M1 Garand on COD WAW. How can they tell if someone is using a rapid fire mod or can just pull the trigger super quick short of going to that person's house.

[quote name='CheapyD']This guy is a 5 year CAG who asked if he could post a thread. I said yes.

I understand your concerns about rapid-fire, but Microsoft has officially licensed these Hori rapid-fire controllers which are sold by every retailer in Japan. Looks like they are coming to the USA soon.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Cheapy, and thank you to all the other CAGers who have offered support.

In regards to the rapid fire/cheating issue, here is what I have to say. For weapons which are already automatic, rapid fire (pressing the R trigger over and over) will actually cause them to fire slower. If you took an MP-40 and kept pulling/releasing the trigger it would obviously shoot slower than if you were to hold down the trigger.

Now for weapons which are not automatic, say a pistol in COD, you are also limited to how fast you can shoot. I mean it will definitely shoot fast with rapid fire, but I have actually seen some people with fingers which are extraordinarily quick and can shoot very fast. It simply helps you out and doesn't make you strain your fingers so much. For another example, in Halo 3 with the Battle Rifle, rapid fire on this weapon just makes it so you do not have to press the trigger for each shot. It shoots at the same rate as you would manually, but you can just hold down the trigger, offering a convenience.

Personally, I do not use rapid fire controllers when I play online. I have been a big COD player for quite some time and using rapid fire actually makes me do worse for several reasons. In COD, I always run out of ammo fast when using the Gewher or other similar weapons with rapid fire. I also find myself losing accuracy. I personally prefer using the MP-40, or even using the Gewher without rapid fire. I simply do better without it. However, if I am playing against others on Live and they are also using the Gewher with rapid fire, they tend to beat me to it because my finger only has so much of a limitation, and I cannot be quick with it 100% of the time.

Not sure if that was helpful or not, but just a few things I had to say about rapid fire and what it does/doesn't do. Often times people make misconceptions and think that rapid fire defies physics and shoots amazingly fast. It is just a simply chip which presses the trigger for you.

[quote name='Ikari Warrior']You don't happen to do Dualshock 3 in a 360 controller case mods do you?[/quote]

If you ever started doing this, I'd buy. Just wanted to second this request!

I'd probably be interested in something like that, as well. I've been a big fan of the DS design for a long time, but after playing the 360 so much, Sony's controllers just feel too damn small in my hands. Lately, I've been using those Nyko Zero controllers that Amazon had for like $5 around Black Friday, simply because they are more comfortable.

bread's done
Back