rare gba games

Jaket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (99%)
there must be 300 of these threads but i cant find any and iv searched for a while..... can we compile a list of rare gba games? im trying to get a good colletion for myself going... if there is already one of these can someone link it?

ninja five-0
wade hixtons counter punch
tactics ogre
doom
doom 2

no clue about wolfenstein, i got it about a year ago brand new for 10 bucks

[quote name='peteloaf']The rarest are non-pirated GBA games on ebay! J/K

Wasn't wolf3d supposedly made in low numbers?[/quote]

I doubt it since it was at TRU and in bargain two-packs at Fry's for quite a long time. Anybody who really cared had ample opportunity to get it at $10 or less.

Which raises another FPS question. There appear to be two Ecks vs. Sever games or the same game released twice with different packaging for the movie. Which is it?

[quote name='punqsux']ninja five-0
tactics ogre
doom
doom 2

no clue about wolfenstein, i got it about a year ago brand new for 10 bucks[/quote]

Ninja Five-O is rare? Like worth $20 rare, or $50 rare? I used to have a copy of that. Actually that is the game that MANIMAL and I got into that little scuffle over.

GameRush five mins. down the road from me has Doom & Doom 2 for $19.99. Cart only though.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='peteloaf']The rarest are non-pirated GBA games on ebay! J/K

I doubt it since it was at TRU and in bargain two-packs at Fry's for quite a long time. Anybody who really cared had ample opportunity to get it at $10 or less.

Which raises another FPS question. There appear to be two Ecks vs. Sever games or the same game released twice with different packaging for the movie. Which is it?[/quote]

yeah I got doom & doom 2 in a frys combo pack for like 20 bucks. There are 2 different Ecks vs Server games. The "balistic" one is newer one. The first one came of Before the movie.

Street fighter:TR, Gardious:Galigies (spelling?) are some hard to find games. Chu Chu rocket seems to give some people some trouble.

Thought of another one: Mario Advance 4 Walmart Exclusive. Came with four (IIRC) e-reader cards you couldn't get anywhere else.

I managed to snag one off ebay back in the day, but unfortunately, the box got destroyed in my move back to LA from NYC.

Oh well. It hurt any potential resale value, but (1) it wasn't like I was going to sell it, considering Mario 3 is one of the best games evah, and (2) it got me to throw away all of my GBA boxes. Less collecting, more gaming for me.

[quote name='KingDox'][quote name='epobirs'][quote name='peteloaf']The rarest are non-pirated GBA games on ebay! J/K

Which raises another FPS question. There appear to be two Ecks vs. Sever games or the same game released twice with different packaging for the movie. Which is it?[/quote]

yeah I got doom & doom 2 in a frys combo pack for like 20 bucks. There are 2 different Ecks vs Server games. The "balistic" one is newer one. The first one came of Before the movie.

Street fighter:TR, Gardious:Galigies (spelling?) are some hard to find games. Chu Chu rocket seems to give some people some trouble.[/quote]

Ever since the CC sale i have seen tons of Chu Chu rocket in their clearance bins, not in the aisles. I picked on up for me and my brother so woo hoo! if it's rare.

I have a few rare GBA games:

Doom
Doom II
Advance GTA (Japanese version with battery save)
Zelda no Densetsu (Famicom Mini 01)
CT Special Forces (I think its rare, hard for me to find anyway)

Yea Doom/Doom 2 was a pain, I just spent $45 to get both used a couple days ago from Gamestop =(

(19.99 for 1, 24.99 for 2 well worth it tho to me even tho i got them all on like every system haha)

Pretty sure Dokapon is rare, River city ransom seems to be a "Soon to be rare" game, I havent seen many, and it was a hardcore beiatch to find the game a few days after it was released.

[quote name='neonglow']Would you consider most older GBA games to be rare since they make many in low quantities and almost never do reprints.[/quote]

Well, some of the older ones were made in such large quantites (like the SMB games) that they'll always be easily found.

It's like SMB for the original NES (but on a much smaller scale). No longer in production, but not exactly impossible to find.

[quote name='DMFunk']Pretty sure Dokapon is rare, River city ransom seems to be a "Soon to be rare" game, I havent seen many, and it was a hardcore beiatch to find the game a few days after it was released.[/quote]

I've seen tons of Dokapon at Sam's Club.

[quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='punqsux']ninja five-0
tactics ogre
doom
doom 2

no clue about wolfenstein, i got it about a year ago brand new for 10 bucks[/quote]

Ninja Five-O is rare? Like worth $20 rare, or $50 rare? I used to have a copy of that. Actually that is the game that MANIMAL and I got into that little scuffle over.[/quote]

rare as in, you might've gotten hosed, rare.

Street fighter:TR, Gardious:Galigies (spelling?) are some hard to find games. Chu Chu rocket seems to give some people some trouble.

I think you mean Gradius:Galaxies. (I mean, that's not even close :) )

What aboot Gekido: Advance?

I almost never see it anymore and its a mighty fine game.

Oh and both King of Fighters games seem pretty uncommon these days.

The European release of Mr. Driller 2 seems to be rare. If anyone in Europe can find one fore me, I'd be willing to pay for it. I see it randomly on ebay as well.

I managed to pick up Car Battler Joe when they had it at Toys R Us for 10 bucks. I'm thinking that Shining Soul II will become a rare game. The only place I see it is randomly at Gamestop and Toys R Us. They never had it at Target/Wal-mart/EB/etc...

Super Bust a Move is rare for the GBA--but it's an awful version too hard too aim... considering the SNES version was great, what was the problem?

Urban Yeti I look for at stores everytime but have never seen new or used.. can be ordered direct form telegames still, though so I'll probably try that

speaking of on the telgames site they made a santa game I have never seen before....
http://www.telegames.com/santa_gba.htm

as usual with all systems it seems , chess titles can be hard to find as well.

[quote name='tolhurst']Super Bust a Move is rare for the GBA--but it's an awful version too hard too aim... considering the SNES version was great, what was the problem?

Urban Yeti I look for at stores everytime but have never seen new or used.. can be ordered direct form telegames still, though so I'll probably try that

speaking of on the telgames site they made a santa game I have never seen before....
http://www.telegames.com/santa_gba.htm

as usual with all systems it seems , chess titles can be hard to find as well.[/quote]

Thank You for bringing this to our attention. I have never heard of such a game and I know most games for the gameboy. Has anyone ever heard of Oggy and the cockroaches? that is also on their list of game for gameboy.

Ultimate Card Games should be at gamestops evrywhere.... Ultimate Brain Games was getting rare until Target recently started carrying it (would like to find it under 30, though)
Sonic Pinball is hard to find... a Target exclusive and not carryed there very long, either. Had it but sold it the next day... found it to be rather boring.

[quote name='blueweltall']Backyard Baseball is rare. Cart alone could get you $45+ while a sealed one could get you $60+[/quote]

link please.

I've seen dozen of these all the time.

Bootleg HODs? I bought a copy of the game off a guy in a hotel room. How can I make sure my copy is not bootleg.

[quote name='Gameboy415']"......off a guy in a hotel room"???!!?

Um.....k........

:shock:[/quote]

It was a good deal, 15 bucks... but now I'm a little fearful. The game looks crazy legit though.

What about Double Dragon Advance. I don't see that in stores anymore.
How about Sega Arcade Gallery I only recall seeing it at large retailers for about a month or so and then it disappeared.

[quote name='Pezdro'][quote name='Gameboy415']"......off a guy in a hotel room"???!!?

Um.....k........

It was a good deal, 15 bucks... but now I'm a little fearful. The game looks crazy legit though.[/quote]

This thread is a pretty good primer for figuring out whether or not it's a bootleg.

Personally, I just look at the inside of the game under a light. You should be able to see "Nintendo" written on the green chip.

WTF?! Doom II is on GBA? I knew about Doom, but I've never knew about Doom II. Could someone provide a link please?

HoD? Rare? I picked up 2 of them at the CC clearence. Trade one to my friend for 2 games and kept the other for myself....and I finished it in a day or 2....or a week >_

Don't forget Phantasy Star Collection. They go on ebay all the time, but are hard to find in stores, and if you do find it, it is almost always full price. Also, Aria of Sorrow is not as easy to find as it once was, and Ebay is flooded with bootleg versions.

[quote name='Pezdro'][quote name='Gameboy415']"......off a guy in a hotel room"???!!?

Um.....k........

It was a good deal, 15 bucks... but now I'm a little fearful. The game looks crazy legit though.[/quote]

They look legit, and often come with completely genuine looking manuals and boxes, and even have the official Nintendo "seal of quality" on the label, but are still easy to recognize if you know what to look for. Look at the back of a regular GBA game. ALL U.S. GBA games have this back. If it differs AT ALL, it's probably a fake. Also, many fake HOD's have Nintendo spelled wrong - they say Nintondo. These are the two easiest ways to spot it, in addition to looking at the chip.

if anyone has or has access to castlevania HOD (harmony of disssonance) sealed please PM me, i will buy or trade for it if you have it or if you pick it up for me! SEALED ONLY PLEASE

[quote name='goldengraham'][quote name='Pezdro']Bootleg HODs? I bought a copy of the game off a guy in a hotel room. How can I make sure my copy is not bootleg.[/quote]

Check your cart to see if it has the 'Nintendo" here

http://releases.pocketheaven.com/?section=faq[/quote]

BlargH! Bootleg. I'm going to kill this fucking guy. The fucked up thing was that it had a fucking sticker that said he got it from EBGames. Shit. I don't even think EB knows the diff.

[quote name='Pezdro'][quote name='goldengraham'][quote name='Pezdro']Bootleg HODs? I bought a copy of the game off a guy in a hotel room. How can I make sure my copy is not bootleg.[/quote]

Check your cart to see if it has the 'Nintendo" here

http://releases.pocketheaven.com/?section=faq[/quote]

BlargH! Bootleg. I'm going to kill this shaq-fuing guy. The shaq-fued up thing was that it had a shaq-fuing sticker that said he got it from EBGames. Shit. I don't even think EB knows the diff.[/quote]

Yeah, I see a ton of them for sale at EBs all the time. I happened to luck out on eBay, personally.

bread's done
Back