Rare is working on DS Games...

HeartLessJacKaL

CAG Veteran
On Rare's Official Website, in the 'Join Us' section, they require a job position of Game Programmers for the "Nintendo DS".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vacancies -

GAMES PROGRAMMERS (NINTENDO DS)
Must be motivated, enthusiastic and skilled in C/C++ to join our dedicated handheld team, recently nominated for a Develop Industry Excellence Award. 3D skills also an advantage in creating high-profile titles for this unique system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm, is Rare even worth getting excited over. They are looking for programmers now, they won't release anything for the DS until way late into the system's life cycle.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']What has rare put out in the last couple years worth screaming over? Who cares...[/QUOTE]

Gamers seem to hold onto the old crap when there is a ton of good shit out there!

I believe that Rare's been responsible for a handful of GBA titles too since Microsoft purchased them. While Rare's console software is now exclusive to Xbox, the company continues its handheld software developing for whoever it wants, given that Microsoft does not currently have a handheld system.

that's kinda cool...post again in 4 years when the first pre-production screenshot comes out ;-)

[quote name='Mookyjooky']What has rare put out in the last couple years worth screaming over? Who cares...[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't played "Its Mr. Pants"!!

That game is seriously a great puzzler and a truly original design.

Also, Banjo Kazooie and Sabrewulf were pretty good too.

Banjo Pilot was kinda meh IMO tho.

Mr. Freakin Pants....3D!!!!
You control the puzzle action by the seat of HIS pants. Using the special Underwear shaped stylus (Boxers or briefs, 50/50) use your puzzle solving skills to wipe out the incoming EVIL PANTS invasion.

I love Mr. Pants.... Such a fun game :)

[quote name='Gameboy415']You obviously haven't played "Its Mr. Pants"!!

.[/QUOTE]

Most people haven't - I think it got a pressing of maybe five copies.

I checked numerous EB's and Gamestop's the day it was supposed to get released - none of them stocked it, none of them even heard of it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Most people haven't - I think it got a pressing of maybe five copies.

I checked numerous EB's and Gamestop's the day it was supposed to get released - none of them stocked it, none of them even heard of it.[/QUOTE]

I bought it at Khols. So did at least a few other Michiganders (NOT Michiganians!!!).

[quote name='maxflight']but the voices/sounds in It's Mr. Pants is extremely annoying.[/QUOTE]

I thought it fit damn good! They're pretty high quality too. "It's Mister Pants!" should be the opening to every game.

I've never heard of this Mr Pants game until just now. However, Gamestop has THQ listed as both its publisher and developer. Is that the same thing as Rare?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I've never heard of this Mr Pants game until just now. However, Gamestop has THQ listed as both its publisher and developer. Is that the same thing as Rare?[/QUOTE]

THQ is not the developer, they're listing it incorrectly.

I'll second Sabre Wulf as a good game. It's also pretty different from what's out there. I haven't played Banjo Kazooie though. As most have stated RARE needs to prove their DS titles as worthy of a purchase...they've been lacking for the past few years.

[quote name='HeartLessJacKaL']On Rare's Official Website, in the 'Join Us' section, they require a job position of Game Programmers for the "Nintendo DS".

Vacancies -

GAMES PROGRAMMERS (NINTENDO DS)
Must be motivated, enthusiastic and skilled in C/C++ to join our dedicated handheld team, recently nominated for a Develop Industry Excellence Award. 3D skills also an advantage in creating high-profile titles for this unique system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

Also, how does one find themselves there? Are you looking for a job?

What some of you fail to realize is Rare's best times were the end of Snes and the begining of N64 era.. Some may argue that, but it seems to be that way in a lot of peoples minds...

That N64 system is basically the DS so its not that hard to believe they will get on the reamke bandwagon or at least touch something up and bring a sequal to the platform...

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I bought it at Khols. So did at least a few other Michiganders (NOT Michiganians!!!).[/QUOTE]

I thought it was michigines. (sp?)

all I can say is Rare's hayday was during the N64 era. I personally love what they have done, but they are really starting to make overly generic games (not including It's Mister Pants! or most of their 2D games).

The one way they can truely redeem themselves is when they bring back Killer Instinct. Whatever happened to the port to the GBA? did it get canned due to M$'s ownership of Rare?

Has everyone forgotten that Rare did Goldeneye on the N64? I know EA has the Bond license now, but what are the chances of it getting ported to DS?

Also, for those interested, Wal-Mart still sells It's Mr. Pants on its website. I think it's like $14.99.

bread's done
Back