Rare or uncommon 360 games as of spring 2010?

warmsignal

CAGiversary!
What would they be? Not only just to own used, but sealed.

I saw a sealed copy of Dead Rising "non platinum hits" on eBay asking about $100 or so.

A lot of games are already very hard to find sealed for a reasonable price. I'm a collector myself, but not a sealed collector. Sometimes I think it would be a wise investment now and then when you can snag something sealed for fairly cheap, just to see what it would be worth about 10 years down the road.

I picked up Banjo Kazzoie Nuts & Bolts the other day, original print, for $20 at Sears. The original is OOP of course, and prices are kind of going up for it. Most people don't realize the average game's print run is probably not even 2 years, unless it's a very successful game. Then of course, they go to PH/GH and those prints are damned to always be worthless in the eyes of a collector.

What about just rare in general? I think there are several uncommon 360 games, but they aren't worth crap of course. Yet. One game that I've only ever seen once in the real retail world, Culdcept Saga. The Atlus games seem pretty uncommon, Spectral Force 3, Operation Darkness, Zoids Assault.

I think one could just look to VGchartz and see the least selling of 360 titles, and make some good calls there. But it's hard to guess which ones people will give a crap about in a few years time.

All I know, is that by the time the 360 goes out, I'll probably have every title that any halfway serious collector would probably ever want. Basically everything but shovel-ware and sports. Then we'll see what I'm setting on.

If you are not a sealed collector than it wont matter that the sealed original Dead Rising is worth $100 because a used copy cost like $10.

[quote name='warmsignal']they go to PH/GH and those prints are damned to always be worthless in the eyes of a collector.
[/QUOTE]

how long have you been 'seriously' collecting? your write up seems to have a reseller angle rather than a player/collector.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 Gold Edition/Platinum Edition.
Midnight Club Los Angeles: Complete Edition/Platinum Hits.
Lost Planet: Colonies Edition/Platinum Hits.

just to name a few. and I really don't want to spend any more time or effort on these offensive posts.

Platinum Hits of anything in 99% of situations end up being mostly "worthless", or at the very least their value is seriously lower then that of a normal print.

bread's done
Back