"Rare" + uncommon games you always seem to find for cheap

A

Apossum

list warz go:

--Monopoly Boggle etc. etc. DS (seen it at a lot of pawn shops for cheap)
--Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance PS2 (always find it for around $5-$10)
--Gradius V (see new copies all the time for $20 or less)

You're kidding about Substance, I wish I found just one for my collections.

But for some reason I find Master Quest quite often and fuck is everywhere. (I know its not rare)

Only Master Quest really, I'm begining to think there are some major hoarders around since every clearance has crap and every pawn shop is wiped clean.

I remember one time when mortal kombat deadly alliance came out I chose it over marvel vs capcom 2....

lets see.. i never seem to pay more than $20 for advance wars dual strike. i found one at target for $4.98, then at kmart for $9.xx, then walmart had it for $19.82. i recently found a mint copy at game crazy, that was $13.19. same with disgea 2, i never paid more than $20 for all the copies i bought.

and final fantasy 8 & 9. i keep finding it at pawnshops for $4.99, i can never pass on them so i buy em all the time.

If you always seem to find something then its probably not rare.

That Zelda collectors disk isnt rare, it just holds value cos its great to have those 4 games on one disk. But every Gamestop in the country has 5 copies of it.

--Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance PS2 (always find it for around $5-$10)

If your always finding this, you should always be picking it up, especially at that price. You could make a fortune.

[quote name='Walt Jay']I found Tactics Ogre on the GBA quite a few times. I found two copies at the same store once.[/quote]

I see that too from time to time, but its also one of the most bootlegged GBA carts out there, so not every one you come across is the real deal.

[quote name='Puffa469']If you always seem to find something then its probably not rare.

That Zelda collectors disk isnt rare, it just holds value cos its great to have those 4 games on one disk. But every Gamestop in the country has 5 copies of it.

If your always finding this, you should always be picking it up, especially at that price. You could make a fortune.[/QUOTE]

I almost always pick these up when I see them. it would be stupid not to...but substance isn't worth a whole lot. I find it used, not new, unfortunately :lol:

It is hard to say what is rare seeing you may not be able to find it in your area except for Ebay and someone else might have them everywhere... I read somewhere on here before about rare games and one of them was Skygunner(Atlus) on PS2 . Well I found a mint complete copy used at EBgames for $3.99 and there are a few more stores in my area with them condition unknown...

Uually the rare games at EB are really expensive but im beginning to think that rare is becomming more of the demand thing and it seems more of higher priced "Rare" titles at EBgames and such for high prices are the more popular "rare" ones...

I don't know

PS1 games, mostly. And BGDA2 for Xbox. I've found 6 copies of it ranging for $5 to $15. SOme of the Ps1 games are:

FFXII-$6 x2
Tomba 2-$6
DDR Konamix-$2
MGS-$5

I found a copy of Metal Gear Solid(non gh) for $3 @ a local Salvation Army. Only thing is, the second disc has some scratches to it and I let my one buddy borrow the damned thing and he left it upstairs @ his sisters apt. His sisters kids are known for 'losing' discs to games.

Speaking of that, I should take a walk(since both of my families cars are in the shop) and grab that back before it disappears. I know it took 3-4 months for him to find my copy of Pirates: The Legend Of Black Kat once I let him borrow it because it 'got lost'.

Ahhhh well....whenever I buy a game people think is 'rare', if its cheap enough I don't care when I get it back, as long as it's in the same condition I lent it out in. And, most times it is, though if it isn't it's not that big of a deal either since it only costs $2 to resurface em.

Blast Lacrosse for Playstation always find it with sports titles for $3-$4 and turn around and then sell it for $30-$40...probably did that with 5 copies so far

for awhile, i kept seeing DDR mario mix at gamestops. i never had the interest to buy them since they didnt have the pads and the box that it comes with. it went on for months until it went out of print again, i went back to the stores i saw them at and they were gone. i saw at least 6 or 7 copies at 4 different locations. they were $29.99 to $39.99. later i saw some guy flip a bunch of copies on ebay selling them at $69.99 each

[quote name='Puffa469']I see that too from time to time, but its also one of the most bootlegged GBA carts out there, so not every one you come across is the real deal.[/quote]

Very true; I always make sure to look for the "Nintendo" on circuit board before purchasing.

[quote name='phear3d']for awhile, i kept seeing DDR mario mix at gamestops. i never had the interest to buy them since they didnt have the pads and the box that it comes with. it went on for months until it went out of print again, i went back to the stores i saw them at and they were gone. i saw at least 6 or 7 copies at 4 different locations. they were $29.99 to $39.99. later i saw some guy flip a bunch of copies on ebay selling them at $69.99 each[/QUOTE]

Those Mario mix game onlys were the perfect freebie with that GS coupon last week (free game with used GCN purchase) because it could be flipped and you would not only have a free GCN but a few extra bucks as well. I only found one copy of it though... it sold in about 10 hours

[quote name='thetoxicone']Blast Lacrosse for Playstation always find it with sports titles for $3-$4 and turn around and then sell it for $30-$40...probably did that with 5 copies so far[/quote]

Wait a second....that's a 'rare'/uncommon game? I must've passed up getting about 6 copies of it(disc only though) from a local Gamestop within the past 6 months. I know disc only games usually don't do as well as complete though, but still, I think my OOP expense would've been about $.35-.40 each.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait a second....that's a 'rare'/uncommon game? I must've passed up getting about 6 copies of it(disc only though) from a local Gamestop within the past 6 months. I know disc only games usually don't do as well as complete though, but still, I think my OOP expense would've been about $.35-.40 each.[/QUOTE]

Blast Lacrosse is not terribly hard to find but people pay well for it, if you look at ended auctions on ebay the lowest one that sold was for $26 and that was disc only

i keep running into Ikaruga for cheap; i'm up to three. i also tend to find a couple copies of Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger (bare cart, anyway) every year. i'll also chime in about the Master Quest and Zelda Collector's discs; i've bought two of each, and i see them quite often "in the wild".

[quote name='monkeydeew']futurama ps2, ugh i have 3 now i think[/quote]

hey, i just picked this up, new & sealed on Xbox for $6. are they both rare, or just the PS2 version?

[quote name='Apossum']list warz go:

--Monopoly Boggle etc. etc. DS (seen it at a lot of pawn shops for cheap)
[/quote]

Well if you see it again could you PLEASE pick it up for me! the fiance wants this game so badly, and it's been my one big pricing error where I told her to wait and it'd end up cheap later, only to become impossible to find!

[quote name='allyourblood']hey, i just picked this up, new & sealed on Xbox for $6. are they both rare, or just the PS2 version?[/quote]

according to gs the ps2 one is the rarez b/c its $15 more but i havent seen the xbox one pop up in ages

[quote name='allyourblood']hey, i just picked this up, new & sealed on Xbox for $6. are they both rare, or just the PS2 version?[/QUOTE]

Xbox version is rare too. you could probably get a pretty penny for it.

Well if you see it again could you PLEASE pick it up for me! the fiance wants this game so badly, and it's been my one big pricing error where I told her to wait and it'd end up cheap later, only to become impossible to find!

well, it's starting to get around the $50-60 point on ebay, so no guarantees, but ebstop sells it for $29:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=919108

FWIW, I effing love the Monopoly 4-pack. I believe it was brainsraregames who said "Touch screen Boggle is like crack." I've been addicted ever since I investigated his claim.

Over the summer I picked up 3 copies of FFVII non greatest hits at yard sales. Each one I found at a seperate sale. I spent 5 dollars on two of them and the third I had to buy a PS1 set for 30 bucks with 4 other games, person wouldn't budge on separating it.
Next year I really need to put a list in my PDA of games to look for.

I have a local pawn shop up the street from me (I refuse to tell the name or location). It mainly deals in Tools and such, and the owner is an older man, who doesn't know much about video games. He sells PS1 Games: 2 dollars, PS2-XBox Games: 4 dollars, XBox360 Games: 8 dollars, PS3 Games: (Dunno, he never has any), DS/PSP Games: 5 dollars.

There is no exceptions. So far from him, I've gotten many, but a few noteable ones would be Gears of War, Final Fantasy 7 for PS1, Beautiful Katamari, Smackdown vs Raw 2k7 (when it was still expensive), and a few more. I'm guessing he's paying crackheads a couple bucks a pop for the games, but he knows if its a 360 game, chances are I'm going to buy them all minus the occasional Madden 06, etc.

bread's done
Back