Rare videogames?

And they make such a big deal about it being "sealed"..once ur trading sealed games..its no longer a game is a "collectible"..some people would be scared to open it..

[quote name='outlawz42']And they make such a big deal about it being "sealed"..once ur trading sealed games..its no longer a game is a "collectible"..some people would be scared to open it..[/quote]

Agree. I am stuck with sealed copy of shadow hearts and RAD and I have no idea what to do.

[quote name='62t'][quote name='outlawz42']And they make such a big deal about it being "sealed"..once ur trading sealed games..its no longer a game is a "collectible"..some people would be scared to open it..[/quote]

Agree. I am stuck with sealed copy of shadow hearts and RAD and I have no idea what to do.[/quote]

Well that's easy, sell off the shadow hearts on ebay, wait 4 months till the price drops and pick up a used copy cheap.

[quote name='62t'][quote name='nintendokid']What about that game that was for PS1? It resembles Dragonball Z type fighting (no, not the games, the anime).

It's 2player fighting, free roaming, when you are far away, your buttons make you shoot ki and energy balls. When you get close, those very same buttons make you punch, kick, grab, instead,

I don't remember the name, and it was pretty fun, though the graphics (it was 3-D polygon characters/environments) weren't even on par with Street fighter pixels. That one might be rare now....just guessing.[/quote]

Destrega or Psychic Force. Niether games are worth that much[/quote]

No he is thinking of Tobal no. 1. It's a relatively rare game. Great game by the way. also, if reminds you of DBZ because Akira Toriyama(DBZ creator) was involved in the making of the game.

[quote name='Jrunt20x'][quote name='62t'][quote name='nintendokid']What about that game that was for PS1? It resembles Dragonball Z type fighting (no, not the games, the anime).

It's 2player fighting, free roaming, when you are far away, your buttons make you shoot ki and energy balls. When you get close, those very same buttons make you punch, kick, grab, instead,

I don't remember the name, and it was pretty fun, though the graphics (it was 3-D polygon characters/environments) weren't even on par with Street fighter pixels. That one might be rare now....just guessing.[/quote]

Destrega or Psychic Force. Niether games are worth that much[/quote]

No he is thinking of Tobal no. 1. It's a relatively rare game. Great game by the way. also, if reminds you of DBZ because Akira Toriyama(DBZ creator) was involved in the making of the game.[/quote]

hey it is more likely TobalNo.1. However, that game is not that rare. Even new copy doesnt sell for that much on ebay.

It's interesting how collector's markets go. People wanted Circus Ride for TG deperately for years, paying as much as $2000 a copy for it. Then somebody found a bunch in a warehouse somewhere and the price plummeted to < $20. I bet it makes the guy who paid $2000 feel like an idiot, especially since it's a terrible game. He could've taken a really long and nice vacation or something instead of getting a worthless piece of plastic.

[quote name='Sheik Rattle Enroll']It's interesting how collector's markets go. People wanted Circus Ride for TG deperately for years, paying as much as $2000 a copy for it. Then somebody found a bunch in a warehouse somewhere and the price plummeted to < $20. I bet it makes the guy who paid $2000 feel like an idiot, especially since it's a terrible game. He could've taken a really long and nice vacation or something instead of getting a worthless piece of plastic.[/quote]

I agree...I'd rather have a great game to actually play then to just sit on my shelf and collect dust

You can check the Digitpress online rarity guide like jsweeny said to get a good feel of how rare the game is. You can break it down and look at only games that have a rarity of 6 or higher for example. The scale is 1 to 10 with 1 being very common and 10 extremely rare. Suikoden 2 is not rare. It got a 4 on the scale. I have games that had a much shorter print run (Street Fighter Collection 2 and Fox Hunt) that aren't worth nearly that much money as Suikoden 2. The demand is simply much greater than the supply. If you want to see which games are in demand go to ebay and do an advanced search of games for each system and sort by price high to low. I have often picked up these "rare" games for cheap and sold them to suckers with a lot of money on ebay.

By rare the OP is getting at valuable, how can you say that Ebay doesn't determine if a game is rare or not...Ebay is the ultimate indicator of present day value...It's not like 10 years ago, when some shops would just jack up prices on games because there was nowhere else to turn...I love what Ebay has done to collecting videogames, it's made a market exist for people like me to make money and not get ripped off by places like Gamedude...Anywho, I think this guy wants to know specifically what games to go after: Here are some...

Resident Evil 2 for the Gamecube
Resident Evil 3 for the Gamecube
Rez for the PS2(Fluctuates often)
Shenmue 2 PAL Version for the Dreamcast
Bangioh(sp?) for the Nintendo 64
Dracula X for the PC Engine
Darius G for the PC Engine(Ultra $$$$)
Beyond Shadowgate for the Turboduo

Some of these have held their value for 5+ years like Dracula X and Beyond Shadowgate...Obviously the Neo Geo Cart games are worth a ton...But if you are looking at the games you could find around you, hone in on the Resident Evils for the Cube...Go to gamestop and do a search for the preowned copies, some stores will ship them to the closest store near you for free, or you could take a trip...Good Luck...Also flea markets are great for the come up as well

bread's done
Back