Rarest/Most Expensive PS2 Game Now?

PhrozenFire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Now that Rez and Gitaroo Man have been reprinted, what are the most rare/hard-to-find/most expensive PS2 games now?

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is up there, I'm sure. It goes for almost Suikoden II prices on eBay.

Other than that, I don't know.

Dual Hearts obviously has the lowest print-run but I got a copy from EB for like 12 bucks a couple weeks back.

If I have to guess then it would probably be black label sealed Final Fantasy VII(non-GH). Don't smite me if I'm wrong tho.

I think he meant only PS2 games. Definitely right now Metal Gear Solid Subsistence Limited Edition for the PS2. MVC2 is the second. Others include Digital Devil Saga, Disgaea, Nocturne, World of Outlaws Sprintcars 2002, jurassic park operation genesis, Futurama, Document of metal gear solid 2, Karaoke Revolution volume 1, need for speed most wanted black edition.
Above list is most expensive games right now for the PS2.

Rarest games, though include Dual Hearts, RAD, disney golf, yourelf fitness, subsistence limited edition, redcard soccer 2003, indycar racing, colin mcrae rally 2003, ferrari f355 challenge, ephemeral fantasia, sniper elite (odd game to be rare, but for at least now it appears to be a low print game) and many more.

Note, I am not saying the rarest games are worth anything, they are just the hardest to find/ have lowest print runs.

Dual hearts isn't going for much on ebay. Is it rare but not really sought after? Cause I bought one a while ago and haven't played it yet.

[quote name='hero101']If I have to guess then it would probably be black label sealed Final Fantasy VII(non-GH). Don't smite me if I'm wrong tho.[/quote]

We're talking about PS2 games.

I think the FireFighter game is pretty rare.. a lot of the cheap sports games that are craptacular are pretty difficult to find.

RAD(Robot Alchemic Drive) isn't that rare. I bought it from Gamestop about a year and a half ago for $17.99.

And The Document Of MGS 2 or whatever its called is available from Gamestops site for about $10, though its always backordered.

When did Karaoke Revolution get so rare?? Its funny cuz I bought a second copy for my sister to use, but she didnt want to borrow my ps2 anymore, so I now have 2 copies of a rare game?? I remember thinking, crap, I dont want to trade it in cuz I'll get like $3, so I decided to just be stuck with 2 copies.

Is the NFS Most Wanted Black Edition (PS2) just the regular edition with a bonus DVD and a black slip cover? Or is the case cover insert different too?

AFAIK the Black Edition was $59.99 when it came out. I just checked the ebay prices, new ones go for an average of $60-ish, perhaps slightly higher than the list price.

[quote name='schuerm26']what is afaik?[/quote]

it stands for 'as far as I know'. ;)

I picked up Dual Hearts at the last buy2get1 sale, and that was the first time I'd ever seen it.

I'd say the most expensive PS2 games are MvC2, and the LE Metal Gear Subsistence, although thats still fairly new, so we dont know if it will hold any value or not. But MvC2 will, cos theres no chance it will ever be reprinted, or ported to another system, or become a part of some anthology. Well, it coiuld happen if Capcom got back the Marvel License, but right now EA and Konami are the only two developers with it.

Grolanser Generations Deluxe used to get a pretty penny.

Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land is supposed to be pretty rare too, as is Culdcept.

So was the original Shadow Hearts, until it was rerelased and given away for free if you pre-ordered any of the sequels, but from what I heard not a lot of people got the pre-order bonus anyway.

MGS3 LE is definitely the rarest/most expensive for now. I think it'll only go up in value, since konami is notorious for not reprinting. It'll probably go down over the course of the year, but watch it when MGS4 comes out. :hot:

I thought Mister Mosquito was pretty rare & that orchestra game was too...
until, I saw them at Wal-mart & FYE in those 9.99 dump bins.What about Monster
Hunter? And EverQuest ? I think these are hard to find games, new or used.

Monster Hunter isn't hard to find, a lot of people found them at K-mart for $7 - $12. Which EverQuest do you mean? The first one (online adventures?), I see all the time at Best Buy for $4.99 new.

I think Mr. Mosquito is somewhat rare.

Didn't Disgaea get reprinted end of last year as well. I remember finding new copies at several stores last November.

Ace Combat 5 package with the Flightstick is a tough find I believe the production numbers were extremely low. Flight sim geeks go crazy over this and I believe it fetchs in the $200 new...

I only stumbled upon Firefighter F.D. 18 once and believe I was able to get $40 for it about 8 months back. Zone of the Enders : 2nd Runner seems to be holding decently as well.

F1 2001 and 2002 for ps2 and xbox have gotten some ups and downs in pricing, but I sold them for around $50 at one point.

Also Shrek Super Party for all the systems is another weird one that will occasionally hit $60 but go as low as $20

War of the Monsters and Way of the Samurai 2 also are hard to predict. Ebay demand is strange..

i hoarded Firefighter FD 18 games.. sold 2 sealed copies i picked up from media play going out of business for around 100 each (paid about 40 dollars total for both) near christmas time.. i also found on two separate occcasions at Blockbuster, and pawn shops.. sold both of those for 50 each (bought for around 10 each)

as for me.. i've seen copies of every so called "rare" game some time or another (and i don't live near a gamestop/EB but yet have seen them there)

a game i would consider rare/saught after would be Baulders gate dark alliance 2.. and the Champions of Norrath Sequel Return to Arms.. i've only seen those maybe twice

[quote name='urzishra14']i hoarded Firefighter FD 18 games.. sold 2 sealed copies i picked up from media play going out of business for around 100 each (paid about 40 dollars total for both) near christmas time.. i also found on two separate occcasions at Blockbuster, and pawn shops.. sold both of those for 50 each (bought for around 10 each)[/quote]

Dang... when did you sell yours? I sold my sealed one about a week ago and it only went for $40. I paid $30 so I only made about $6 after fees.

[quote name='urzishra14']a game i would consider rare/saught after would be Baulders gate dark alliance 2.. and the Champions of Norrath Sequel Return to Arms.. i've only seen those maybe twice[/quote]

I guess this is one of those ymmv, or regional allocation things, cos I see Baldurs Gate II at every single eb/gs i go to, and Champions: Return to Arms is by no means rare near me either.

Nice job on the FD18's tho. I also got my copy at Blockbuster for around $12.

I saw a used copy of SMT:DDS (Digital Devil Saga) at EB Games last week for $44.99. I bought a new one at TRU several months ago for $10!!!

damn, missed out on Firefighter for 12.99 at blockbuster. oh well...

For some reason "old" Square games tend to go way up if they're sealed and non GH. Seems S-E games are the only ones that have this affect on non GH games.

Heh, lots of views.

hey nice, i got mvc 2, mgs3 substance sealed, disgaea, digital devil serious, rez...etc

looks like i need to get my hand on growlancer delux..

Every time I see a thread like this, it takes me back to my and my boyfriend at EB, and him coming up to be with that new 'Disagea' RPG, wanting to know if it was any good.

I told him reviews were good, and my gut said buy that now becuase it's going to be rare and expensive later.

Not a bad guess...

[quote name='dberuvides']How about Resident Evil 4: Limited Edition. Only 50000 made!!![/quote]
Which platform is the figure for and where did you get that figure?

i am so glad i have metal gear solid 3 subsistence its one of the rarest and i am never gonna sell it.
i like it to much even the box is cool.:bouncy:

[quote name='omegaweapon7']hey nice, i got mvc 2, mgs3 substance sealed, disgaea, digital devil serious, rez...etc

looks like i need to get my hand on growlancer delux..[/quote]

its subsistence not substance ,substance is Mgs2

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']Rarest AND most sought after now?

I'd say MGS3: Subsistence Limited Edition also, along with the Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1 DVD.[/quote]
hehe i have both

This is the first generation of gaming that Im really staying on top of, getting all the good and possibly rare games so that I dont have to look at them on ebay and drool in a few years. I have a PS1, and plenty of other older systems, yet somehow all the great/rare/ sought after games of those systems eluded me... but not this time! lol

And now the most important time for PS2 collecting is coming up. The best and rarest games for a system usually come out after a newer system is out. Once PS3 and the Wii hit, lots of people will forget all about getting games for the lowly PS2. Not to mention all the people who will be trading their games and systems in to raise money for the new systems and games.

I hope that some publisher wises up and begins releasing stuff like the Simple 2000 series games here. They would be cheap, and have a low print run. And probably not too many people would buy them. I can see the US verison of the 'attack of the giant women', or 'Zombie vs. Ambulance' games going for $100+ on ebay in a couple years, lol.

[quote name='Puffa469']
And now the most important time for PS2 collecting is coming up. The best and rarest games for a system usually come out after a newer system is out. Once PS3 and the Wii hit, lots of people will forget all about getting games for the lowly PS2. Not to mention all the people who will be trading their games and systems in to raise money for the new systems and games.

[/QUOTE]

I can see Gallop Racer 2006 and Monster Rancher Evo becoming rare. Maybe even Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles.

[quote name='Josef']I can see Gallop Racer 2006 and Monster Rancher Evo becoming rare. Maybe even Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles.[/QUOTE]

doubtful. i see Gallop racer 2006 and Evo going into discount bins very soon as both of them really SUCK.

[quote name='slidecage']doubtful. i see Gallop racer 2006 and Evo going into discount bins very soon as both of them really SUCK.[/QUOTE]

Whether a game sucks or not really dosen't determine its value.

Dragonball GT: Final Bout was hitting triple digits for a LONG time, and the game was abysmal.

[quote name='Roufuss']Whether a game sucks or not really dosen't determine its value.

Dragonball GT: Final Bout was hitting triple digits for a LONG time, and the game was abysmal.[/QUOTE]

lack of sales will push it down. i say by AUg we would see Gallop racer 2004 fetching more money then 2006 once again. I cant belive how badly they screwed up the gallop racer game.

I picked up Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 in a bargain bin at Circuit City for $1.99 on Sunday. I'm reluctant to open it if the price is going to keep rising ($50+ on eBay). What do you guys think?

[quote name='Gamerguy']I picked up Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 in a bargain bin at Circuit City for $1.99 on Sunday. I'm reluctant to open it if the price is going to keep rising ($50+ on eBay). What do you guys think?[/quote]

if you have it sealed, I say keep it that way. Its not even a game, its something for the hardcore MGS collector. Keep it and sell it when the time is right.

[quote name='Iroquois Pliskin']Wonder why Suikoden III never sold for much. Clearly inferior to the first 2, but still an incredibly fun game, and not many made[/quote]

There was a reprint of it. It was going for a good amount at one time and then it got printed again.

So guys...I have an...acquaintance who rarely plays Xbox. I don't think he's ever beaten any of his games. BUT! He has Marvel vs. Capcom2. I think I might try to get it from him for like $20. I need a good excuse on how to get it though because I don't have an Xbox. Any suggestions?

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']So guys...I have an...acquaintance who rarely plays Xbox. I don't think he's ever beaten any of his games. BUT! He has Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I think I might try to get it from him for like $20. I need a good excuse on how to get it though because I don't have an Xbox. Any suggestions?
[/quote]

i dont know about marvel vs capcom 2 being ultra rare but i dont seem them everyday. probably since its on the xbox its not as popular as the ps2 version

i borrowed a xbox copy of the game and i was pretty fun, until your thumbs feel like falling off.

bread's done
Back