Rarity Check: FFX black label by Square Enix

video_gamer324

CAGiversary!
Feedback
188 (99%)
Example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-X...39:1|66:2|65:13|240:1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

I read somewhere that FFX became GH about five months after Squaresoft merged with Enix, so supposedly the black label Square-Enix printing should be somewhat rare, but it seems like people either don't care or don't know about this printing. Does anyone have any information as to why this printing has never really received any special attention?

Sealed black label Squaresoft and Square-Enix versions are both rare.

Those are the ones that get more money.

Hmm, interesting bit of trivia. I played a friend's copy of this when it first came out, and never bought my own until way after the fact, so I've got a Greatest Hits copy. This is one of those games that people will still be buying new in 2015... provided the PS5 is backwards compatible. :)

I just bought FFIX a couple months ago... ;) I'll have to check my copy of X tho for the Square-Enix... I know I have a black label... and bought it quite some time after the game came out.

Even in 5 months, a fuckton of copies were probably printed. It's also a minor detail---there are probably people who will search out the S-E version, but there isn't enough demand to affect prices. Maybe if the auction maker is selling a sealed copy and flaunts that it's the "S-E" version.

but yeah, sealed is what matters. I sold a black label square-soft copy when FFXII came out. got about $100...it's probably worth more now.

sealed games are the only "rare" games of ffx like someone stated before even though it was only 5 months until the GH became availbe a ton were sold a certain amount of sold is a requirement for becoming a GH(cant remember how many off hand) often times the GH are actually the rarer prints not the case here but in many other. Silent Hill 2 is a great example of such and one of the few exceptions of a GH commanding a higher price than of the original print...but like I stated alot of GH are actually rarer than the original prints however the original print runs usually command the higher price because of buyers prefrance to not have a red or a green label in their collection...not a the rarity

Upon stumbling across this I had to double check my own open copy. Not like I care too much about the rarity...just nice to know kind of thing. But one definately has to agree on the whole Greatest Hits thing. I mean I really don't like to see the red label unless I have to. Only exception to this is the RARE Budokai 3 GH version with the japanese voice overs in there. I think that's the hardest one to find since many of the GH versions were exactly the same and then then next few shipments had the Japanese language option.

I sold my sealed FFX Black Label Squaresoft copy w/guide (and the guide is really only worth $5-$10) for $295 shipped a few months ago.

I have no idea why it went that high. It seems to be worth around half that.

bread's done
Back