Ratchet and Clank: Quest For Booty - $9.99 - Amazon PSN store

I have to disagree with the majority here. This game is definitely not 2-3 hours long. Its not a full length game, but I would say its definitely 1/6 the original game (which is what you are paying). I would say its worth the 10$ price tag.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Just called my wife; she is an English teacher (yes, with an English degree). She agrees with me, the dictionary and the other guy with an English degree (I didn't tell her which was my side as to not skew her comments).

So, two folks with English degrees and an official dictionary > two posters on CAG. Sorry...:cold:

[/QUOTE]

Ok, this is getting ridiculous, but I can't let this go as "My 2 English majors trump everyone else who's actually right." Speaking for myself, I have never seen "peaked my interest" used before until today, and if I had, I would've noted how clearly incorrect it was. Additionally, my wife is also an English major and is currently an editor (so she actually corrects exactly this kind of thing all the time), and says that "peaked" is absolutely incorrect. You could say something like "My interest in this game peaked in January." Using it as "This peaked my interest" is at best an eggcorn but more likely a malapropism, as the "peaked" usage would somehow mean that the game caused your totality of "interest" to maximize, which I'm not sure makes any sense.

Update:

Just saw the original posting that called this into question and can sort of see how that phrasing could make sense, but still seems more like an eggcorn to me. I think most people when they use the phrase "pique interest" they mean to say that something is generating interest, which, to me, seems like what the context of the original post is trying to say. However, "peak interest" would mean that the intention is to maximize interest, which, in this context, could potentially work.

Last edited by a moderator:
For someone who's never played Ratchet and Clank but has the first PS3 one and the next on order. Where in the storyline does Quest for Booty come into the time line? I plan on playing the first PS3 R&C soon to be ready for the second one, want to know if I should play Booty before that too.

[quote name='rapsodist']Then you must really hate affect as a noun.[/QUOTE]

My wife has noticed my euphoric affect after getting this game for such a great price.

(affect as a noun is very important to some of us)

Given the context, both pique and peak are appropriate. If the author meant to say that Amazon wanted to attract attention to the service with the deals, then pique would be correct. If, however, he meant that Amazon wanted to bring interest in the service to an all-time high (which would be absolutely silly), then peak would be correct. So, instead of arguing over the correct usage, we should demand to know what token2k6 actually meant.

As an aside, this is easily the funniest thread that I've read in days.

How could 10 bucks not be worth it? I bought it awhile ago for 15.00 and was happy with how much game is there.

[quote name='Fever Dogg']How could 10 bucks not be worth it? I bought it awhile ago for 15.00 and was happy with how much game is there.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you. I cant beleive so many people dogging it for $10. Of course being a R&C fan helps, but if you like well put together platform/shooting games, $10 for a 3-4 hour game this highly polished is definately worth it.

[quote name='wrencrest']I agree with you. I cant beleive so many people dogging it for $10. Of course being a R&C fan helps, but if you like well put together platform/shooting games, $10 for a 3-4 hour game this highly polished is definately worth it.[/QUOTE]
Haven't picked this up yet but I agree. If you think about it, a full R&C game that costs $60 can be finished for about 15 hours on average possibly less. So a $10 price on a 3-4 hour R&C game sounds about right.

i took a peek at this thread, lo and behold, my interest was piqued by the discussion of English grammar rather than peaked discussion of the Booty game.

I bought this game last year for $10 and no, i have not even play it yet, still hoping for a trophy patch :(

Thanks for the heads-up on the price. The R&C games have always been technical marvels, not to mention incredibly fun and addictive. Just wondering, though: Does this one happen to support 1080p?

Dammit... bought it full price last week, in anticipation of the new game. :bomb:

Really short, not really worth it, unless you're totally into the story. Just read the Wiki or something, though: the game is only about 3-4 hours long.

I got one, thank you OP. It automatically applied my $5 credit from uncharted 2 so I got it for 4.99. Awesome!

I didn't find this temporary price cut when I searched the forum.

The Playstation Store (and Amazon) have Ratchet and Clank Future: The Quest for Booty for $9.99, usually $14.99. The Playstation Blog post says limited time so I would assume you have until the next PSN Store update.

This is a downloadable game only installment in the R&C Future series for the PS3.

[quote name='EvilRubberDuck']I didn't find this temporary price cut when I searched the forum.

The Playstation Store (and Amazon) have Ratchet and Clank Future: The Quest for Booty for $9.99, usually $14.99. The Playstation Blog post says limited time so I would assume you have until the next PSN Store update.

This is a downloadable game only installment in the R&C Future series for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I wonder what you searched for.

Is anyone willing to let me gameshare with them? I do not have a PS3 yet, so I would need to do it mid-November? I don't have anything to offer via gamesharing back.... but I have other things! PM me if interested?

[quote name='chuckywang']I asked my Irish coworker to mail me a copy of the physical game from Ireland. Just got it today. The artwork is really nice. :)[/QUOTE]
Any pictures to share? ;)

bread's done
Back