Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction $34 on amazon

Achievements sucks....Trophies FTW!!!!

BTW...I buyed games in the past that had no trophies(PS2) But Ratchet and Clank....???? Nah thank you.

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']Achievements sucks....Trophies FTW!!!!

BTW...I buyed games in the past that had no trophies(PS2) But Ratchet and Clank....???? Nah thank you.[/QUOTE]

Ratchet and Clank is an EXCELLENT game. If you pass on it because it has no trophies (and only for that reason) then it is safe to say you are a moron/trolling.

If the price isn't low enough, back log too much, etc than I understand, but lack of trophies? WEAK.

[quote name='Shady3011']Uh, what?[/quote]
What I meant is that Trophies were not an issue in the past when I buyed PS2 games...but now that they exist, its a little different. plus, I've never been a fan of R&C
[quote name='prateeko']Ratchet and Clank is an EXCELLENT game. If you pass on it because it has no trophies (and only for that reason) then it is safe to say you are a moron/trolling.

If the price isn't low enough, back log too much, etc than I understand, but lack of trophies? WEAK.[/quote]
I have other priorities for Black Friday...I may rent it to see if its worth it.

BTW...I buyed games in the past that had no trophies(PS2) But Ratchet and Clank....???? Nah thank you.[/QUOTE]

How can you like one but hate the other? They're basically the exact same thing.

[quote name='Camwi']How can you like one but hate the other? They're basically the exact same thing.[/quote] I know they are the same...but people take things to seriously in here....

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']Achievements sucks....Trophies FTW!!!![/quote]
Yep, fanboy troll confirmed. Move along people...

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Yep, fanboy troll confirmed. Move along people...[/quote]

You guys didn't get my sarcasm there did you? Wow....

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']What I meant is that Trophies were not an issue in the past when I buyed PS2 games...but now that they exist, its a little different. plus, I've never been a fan of R&C

I have other priorities for Black Friday...I may rent it to see if its worth it.[/QUOTE]

It's a real solid game. I know money is tight and if you can't get it now, it'll drop in price in a little bit (greatest hits). You can d/l a demo from PSN and save the rental money.

Didn't mean to be harsh but my sarcaso/humoro-meter doesn't work this late...

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']You guys didn't get my sarcasm there did you? Wow....[/quote]

i don't know... that "buyed" thing probably left a bad taste in a lot of mouths.

[quote name='prateeko']It's a real solid game. I know money is tight and if you can't get it now, it'll drop in price in a little bit (greatest hits). You can d/l a demo from PSN and save the rental money.

Didn't mean to be harsh but my sarcaso/humoro-meter doesn't work this late...[/quote]
Its ok man....now that you say it, I might download the demo thanks for the tip.

[quote name='allyourblood']i don't know... that "buyed" thing probably left a bad taste in a lot of mouths.[/quote]
Yeah....I know, sorry for that, English is not my first language, and I always mess up.

I thought the demo didn't show this game off properly, as the whole demo you are riding on a rail pretty much. The reason I think you guys should buy this game is to support Insomniac, it didn't sell that well from what I understand, which is why it's not greatest hits yet. Neway if you wanna wait for it to drop go for it, but it's a great game at this price.

I've hated all the demos for this series until Future. I wasn't blown away, but it looked great and wasn't NOT fun...so I'm sort of tempted. I'd pick it up for sure for $20. This seemed easier and more polished and of course amazing looking.

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']Meh...no trophies no buy[/QUOTE]

[quote name='prateeko']Achievement Unlocked: NOT A TRUE GAMER[/QUOTE]

[quote name='prateeko']Ratchet and Clank is an EXCELLENT game. If you pass on it because it has no trophies (and only for that reason) then it is safe to say you are a moron/trolling.

If the price isn't low enough, back log too much, etc than I understand, but lack of trophies? WEAK.[/QUOTE]

Thank you guys! I can not STAND this new mentality that plays games for "points" or "trophies". No one should be playing a game they wouldn't otherwise play for points, or avoid one for the lack thereof.

I've liked the guys on the PC Gamer podcast talking about how they'd like points to be able to be disabled during the game so there's no display, as it takes you out of the game world, reminds you "this is just a game". I've always thought that and wish you could stop their display until after the game, if you want to.

I'm in for a copy for $33.99 :D

Also picked up Resistance 1 for $19.99, not $14.99 anymore :(

Got free shipping, too, of course.

interesting..
icon_smile.gif

might buy this later on.

eh.....circular logic??

Great buy! in4-1
in4-heavenly sword ($19.99)
in4-resistance (14.99)
in4- more, more, more
god, all my bases are belong to Amazon.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I'd be on this like no tomorrow at $20.[/quote]

It should be a greatest hits release soon, along with Uncharted. I actually just bought the Asian Chinese/English version of Future for the same price a few days ago at Play-Asia.com. I woulda grabbed this one instead if I'd known, but eh. I'm Jumpy McGunnerson this season when it comes to PS3 stuff, being a new owner and all.

The lack of trophies really is a shame. You'd think the first-party stuff would get trophy patches. This and Folklore are crying for trophies. And Hot Shots Golf? Goodness. Do it, Sony. You really want to. I can tell.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']It should be a greatest hits release soon, along with Uncharted. I actually just bought the Asian Chinese/English version of Future for the same price a few days ago at Play-Asia.com. I woulda grabbed this one instead if I'd known, but eh. I'm Jumpy McGunnerson this season when it comes to PS3 stuff, being a new owner and all.

The lack of trophies really is a shame. You'd think the first-party stuff would get trophy patches. This and Folklore are crying for trophies. And Hot Shots Golf? Goodness. Do it, Sony. You really want to. I can tell.[/QUOTE]

I've been very patient in grabbing PS3 stuff, even Blu-Rays. Last year really set a bad precident with BRD adopters by making discs so insanely cheap to come by. It's a little harder to drop $25-30 on a disc now or even $20 on a "deal" that was $10 last year. I've managed Iron Man/KFP at $15 and figured I'd cave on TDK at $23.

Games though, even the exclusives drop hard. The only one I've bought BRAND NEW and full price was LBP and even that came with $10 from Amazon to buy more stuff later. Good times.

From experience, be patient with your PS3 purchases. Heck, pick up Ridge Racer 7 ($10) and a few of the other insane deals at Amazon. I've been waiting on Ratchet & Uncharted for $20ish... I know it will come.

I was really tempted to pick this up yesterday but ended up getting Far Cry 2 instead. The demo made the game seem really easy, but it was still pretty fun. I think I'll wait for another price drop before getting it.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']A bit off topic, but did the PS3 Store game come out yet? I'll buy that.[/quote]

The downloadable one? Booty or something? I think it's like $20 or more, right? You might be better off spending the money towards Future, but I dunno. Future is really long and involved. The downloadable one is pretty short. Not as much bang for the buck at all.

This is just from my recollections of reviews, mind you. :)

I'm really excited to play Future.

[quote name='Jobberwock']It's down to 29.95 at amazon now.[/quote]
I'm wondering if it will pull a Golden Axe on us and drop another 10 in a day or two. Will wait and see.

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']I thought the demo didn't show this game off properly, as the whole demo you are riding on a rail pretty much. The reason I think you guys should buy this game is to support Insomniac, it didn't sell that well from what I understand, which is why it's not greatest hits yet. Neway if you wanna wait for it to drop go for it, but it's a great game at this price.[/quote]

The reason to buy this game isn't to support a company but to play a damn good game.

Ouch.

Yeah, but Golden Axe is a really bad game. :p Tyris sure is... attractive... though. :S

[quote name='mdmola']The reason to buy this game isn't to support a company but to play a damn good game.[/quote]

If that's your only reason for purchasing games, you might as well pirate them, no offense. To not care about the companies bringing us these "damn good games" is biting the hand that feeds us.

(Even though many of them bite us rather frequently--the publishers, not so much the devs.)

$29.95 + $7.99 shipping because its sold by a third party (Quick Buys).

If you look to the right of your screen under "More Buying Choices", Amazon sells it for $33.99 and it qualifies for free shipping.

Rented this game before from Blockbuster and it was fun to play. First time ever playing a game in the R&C series.

The game's gone back up in price. I wasn't blow away by the demo, but I didn't hate it (which is actually new for me with this series). It's gorgeous, so I think I'll pick it up if it's $20 or less. It might even surprise me.

rented it from GameFly. took a wk to beat. very good game but does not have the replayability in order 4 me to purchase.

bread's done
Back