Ratchet & Clank moved up one month -> GT5 in November/December?

coolz481

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
I was just going through the Amazon PS3 page and noticed that Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time had a new release date of October 27:

http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=15M5F9STCN71KQEVV6P7

It used to be November 24 and this got me to thinking that maybe Sony plans to release GT5 this year rather than 2010. With Uncharted 2 in early October and now Ratchet in late October, I have a hard time believing Sony would not have at least one more big 1st party release before Thanksgiving. I know Modern Warfare 2 is out there, but that's an awful long time to go without a major release. Anyone hear any other rumors or reports? I'd personally rather see White Knight Chronicles this Christmas, but I know GT is a big worldwide seller for Sony.

i keep getting these in my gold box, have scored R&C, GT5, and U2 all insanely cheap

this will not be a good stretch for my wallet =/

I think it's incredibly likely GT5 drops this Xmas, along with a PS3 Slim. It looks like Sony is going for a major shock and awe campaign to try and build some momentum. I wouldn't be surprised if this was their last big push and that if this fails then I think they may start shifting more development resources to the PS4.

[quote name='bleak']I think it's incredibly likely GT5 drops this Xmas, along with a PS3 Slim. It looks like Sony is going for a major shock and awe campaign to try and build some momentum. I wouldn't be surprised if this was their last big push and that if this fails then I think they may start shifting more development resources to the PS4.[/QUOTE]
I agree. As much as I love my PS3, Sony screwed up this gen. The console is far too expensive for most people. And with the fact that you can get a Blu-ray player for about $100 if you look hard enough, people are losing that reason to buy a PS3 if they don't have much interest in games. Sony needs to get a large boost in sales, and I can't see them managing that without a price drop to around $300, a great game bundle or something around the time that happens, and some very good advertising. As much as I think the GT series is overrated, I would like to see GT5 come out around Christmas, as it would give a nice sales boost.

What they need to do is get rid of Uncharted bundle, Add Uncharted to the greatest hits list, make a new skew lower price.
But also maybe get some games out too, and not just random smaller games. They need to stop giving companies 5 or 6 years to make games. Personally i would love to play more than one game for a big series (GT, Final Fantasy, God of War, etc.) during the PS3's life cycle. I know they are trying to promote the release of good video games but I think at this point these big companies are milking the time they are given.

bread's done
Back