Ratchet: Deadlocked beta --- check your email

imacheapasstoo

CAGiversary!
Hey all, I just received an email invitation for the beta test of Ratchet: Deadlocked. It looks like it's by invitation only, as I think are all of the Sony PS2 betas. Check your email to see if you got one and sign up asap as their betas usually fill up quickly. Check your spam folder too to see if it went there by accident.

Gay. Didn't get an invite for Jak X or this one...both of which I would have loved to have been in. Ignored the lame 25 to Life beta invite but was in the Project Snowblind and Battlefield betas earlier this year. Did Sony suddenly change who they send invites too? Other people on the boards on playstation.com have been noticing the same thing (i.e. they got invites for a great deal of things but suddenly it went cold).

I tested this at Sony's office in Foster City about a month ago. So far I've gotten 3 invitations but i cant do the same game twice. I tested the coop with about 14 other people but we were separated into pairs. If anyone lives in the bay area check craigslist for Sony game tests. So far i've tested R&C Deadlocked, Up your Arsenal, Twisted Metal PSP (back in september), and some eyetoy game i cant remember the name.

[quote name='spoo']I'm in, I just got my confirmation email today. I signed up late too. :)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Email said the kit should be here in 16 days or so.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']I got my confirmation today, I've never tested a game before... hopefully I'll be better at this than I am at Up Your Arsenal online.[/QUOTE]

I hear that. I've only played UYA once, and my friend and I got worked. I don't think either of us lived more than about 12 seconds, and both of us have plenty of R&C experience.
Worst part: we were in a room with the worst ranking, and this little punk would not keep his mouth shut. I abandoned the entire headset idea after about three minutes. I don't think I'd be able to handle Xbox Live.

I just got home a bit ago and saw my confirmation email. Should be a great time, as I see Z and Ledhed are part of the beta as well. Now I just need to get a PS2 headset.

It sucks... it's just as boring as the UYA multiplayer, only ratchet looks like a crappy Master Chief.

What happened to the part of this series with you know, fun in it?

I got this yesterday and have been meaning to get around to playing it, only I don't have a USB headest, so it won't be as much fun for me. Definitely going to try this out this weekend.

I noticed that most of the betas are/have online multiplayer - do all of you guys have a network adapter?

I'm just trying to figure out if I'm just unlucky or if it's only for people with adapters (I don't have one therefore if that's a requirement I can understand why I'm not getting anything)

[quote name='jngx80']I noticed that most of the betas are/have online multiplayer - do all of you guys have a network adapter?

I'm just trying to figure out if I'm just unlucky or if it's only for people with adapters (I don't have one therefore if that's a requirement I can understand why I'm not getting anything)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the main purpose of these betas is to test the online components of the titles.
Anyway, I received mine today, and hopefully I'll be on later tonight (go easy on me, please).

[quote name='jngx80']I noticed that most of the betas are/have online multiplayer - do all of you guys have a network adapter?

I'm just trying to figure out if I'm just unlucky or if it's only for people with adapters (I don't have one therefore if that's a requirement I can understand why I'm not getting anything)[/QUOTE]
the beta is online only, which might explain why you are left out. Get a newtowrk adapter and update your profile.

[quote name='Friedle']We should all meet up at a particular time and have a CAG game.[/QUOTE]

I would be for that . . . look for schultzed as well.

The game is fun but seems a bit weak . . . I never did UYA online.

In fact, they sent this out to me without being registered online. Had to rush out and get a wireless adapter to get online for the first time today.

I'm having a blast with this, even though the controls are a bit awkward. It keeps defaulting to the normal settings every game, and I find myself slipping into 1st person mode (L3) too easily. I'm hanging in much better than I expected, although I'm sure you'll all get a chance to slaughter me in the next week or so--I'm still trying to get a feel for everything, since I spent about an hour total online with Up Your Arsenal.
Still, as fun as it is, I'm not sure I could justify $40 for it without a strong single-player mode.

[quote name='defiance_17']I'm having a blast with this, even though the controls are a bit awkward. It keeps defaulting to the normal settings every game, and I find myself slipping into 1st person mode (L3) too easily. I'm hanging in much better than I expected, although I'm sure you'll all get a chance to slaughter me in the next week or so--I'm still trying to get a feel for everything, since I spent about an hour total online with Up Your Arsenal.
Still, as fun as it is, I'm not sure I could justify $40 for it without a strong single-player mode.[/QUOTE]

What's your screen name?

I'm finding the capture the flag game to be fun . . . the deathmatch is less fun if there are vehicles.

I saw a preview on Gamespot . . . supposed to have an extensive single play (85 missions) . . .

This has been my favorite series of this generation . . . hopefully they won't blow it :)

I suck bad! I just got it today and played two games last place both times :( I have only played R&C1 for a few hours and this is nothing like it. The controlls are awkward, ohh well.

If I could only find my headset hmmm

[quote name='defiance_17']I hear that. I've only played UYA once, and my friend and I got worked. I don't think either of us lived more than about 12 seconds, and both of us have plenty of R&C experience.
Worst part: we were in a room with the worst ranking, and this little punk would not keep his mouth shut. I abandoned the entire headset idea after about three minutes. I don't think I'd be able to handle Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

I've been enjoying the Deadlocked beta but only in silence. I've never played much online but I set a wireless network and got my PS2 and Xbox online.

On Live I've played some Burnout 3 . . . I like the game but I suck and always come in near last.

But the fucking chatter is awful . . . maybe if it were my friends. I don't have a headset and don't want one for Burnout (their talk comes through my speakers . . . the talk is so inane and I realized that mostly the people playing are pathetically lonely . . . never have I felt that videogames are bigger waste of time than listening to people drone on about some crap!

With Deadlocked, trash talking would get annoying but for the flag capture or conquest modes (my favorites by far) it would be good for strategy.

But I never enjoyed deathmatches . . . the constant dying, killing, and respawning gets old. Mostly the way to win is to get better weapons or position.

In one of the flag capture games this guy got our vehicles near our spawn area and just blew us away as we respawned for about 5 minutes . . . yeah that was real fun :whistle2:(

I surprised at the lack of headsets. It so much harder to do something, you know, team-like without communication.

Wal-Mart has the Logitech sets for $30 and they're an X item.

[quote name='Friedle']I surprised at the lack of headsets. It so much harder to do something, you know, team-like without communication.

[/QUOTE]

It's kinda funny because the Conquest game is a little complicated . . . you see some people tossed into it on your team acting like they're in a deathmatch and you know that you have no chance of winning.

You have to get over and shoot out the automatic guns and the spin the orb to secure it your color . . . a headset would be nice to educate players.

Also coordinating on flag capture . . .

bread's done
Back