Rate my PC

DigitalZer0

CAG Veteran
OK Basicly i want to know if i have a good gaming pc. can you guys please rate 1/10 and give me suggestions?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @2.5GHz
8GB DDR2 RAM
Diamond RADEON HD 4670 1GB
Windows 7 Premium 64BIT
450W PSU

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to go ahead and guess you mean 4670 for your video card. If that's the case, its the main component holding your system back if you want to game. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice little card, but it just doesn't have enough horsepower for most of today's games. Also, overclocking that quad is a must.

All-in-all, it's a decent rig that will run games with modest settings, and should easily be able to handle anything else thrown at it.

[quote name='SEH']I'm going to go ahead and guess you mean 4670 for your video card. If that's the case, its the main component holding your system back if you want to game. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice little card, but it just doesn't have enough horsepower for most of today's games. Also, overclocking that quad is a must.

All-in-all, it's a decent rig that will run games with modest settings, and should easily be able to handle anything else thrown at it.[/QUOTE]
What do you think about the 5750? would you suggest installing that card on my rig?

Overclock that quad to at least 3GHz if you've got adequate cooling, as for video card.. a 4850 or 4870 would be the best bang for the buck.

As it stands now, I'd rate your rig a 7.

IMO you really dont need anything more than 4G RAM (DDR2 or DDR3). unless you regularly run photoshop and final cut simultaneously, then get 6G but other than that. 4G is just fine.

ja, i''d give it a 7, too. not Teh greatest set up (mine isn't much better lol) but it will run most of todays games at an acceptable clip. however, i'm more familiar with nVidia cards, not ATI.

EDIT: seeing as though you already have this, the arguement is moot. more power too ya.

For gaming if you game on a 24 inch screen @1920x1200 then 6

if you game at lower resolution 7

Definitely upgrade the video card. Get a 5850 again if you game @ 1200p

If lower then a 5770 will do the trick. If the difference is less than $50 I would suggest getting a DX 11 (basically ATI 5 series) card over an older DX 10 (4 series)

Okay, I upgraded my GPU and here are some more specs. Like i said, can you guys rate from 1/10 and any suggestion would be appreciated.

Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.5GHz
8GB DDR2 RAM
XFX RADEON HD 4850 1GB
PANTHER 450W PSU
Windows 7 64BIT
AOC 22' 1920X1080 (60Hz)

[quote name='digitalzer0']okay, i upgraded my gpu and here are some more specs. Like i said, can you guys rate from 1/10 and any suggestion would be appreciated.

Intel core 2 quad @ 2.5ghz
8gb ddr2 ram
xfx radeon hd 4850 1gb
panther 450w psu
windows 7 64bit
aoc 22' 1920x1080 (60hz)[/quote]

bread's done
Back