Rate my Vacation Time Play List of 360 games

NamelessMC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I finally got some time off to enjoy some gaming, so I'm gonna hook up the 360 and get some hours in. This is what I got worked out so far:
Gears of War Co-Op Insane - My friend's coming over, I'm gonna play Dom and finally get the run-through for him to get achievements. I also never got to sit down and really enjoy the story. I had a rushed play through at my friend's house and I bought the game and hopped right into XBL.

Halo 3 Co-Op Heroic - Another experience with a friend. We read in a review that normal was too easy for even a mildly experienced FPS'er, and given our extensive Halo 2/GOW playing, we're sure we can sweep the co-op on Normal and get no pleasure from it.

Dead-Rising - Single player experience this time. My first time playing this, it was an alternated experience with my brother in law. I would play a bit, he would play a bit, but I never got to enjoy the full story on my own. I'd like to get the achievements too since my gamerscore got reset with my new 360.

Blue Dragon - I'm an RPG gamer at heart, and really the 360 is the only next-gen system with solid RPG's so I had to pick this up. I'm gonna sit down and do a casual run through, but I'm hoping to get her sealed away at least in a week. I'm not doing a full run, just the achievements that can be done while doing a normal play.

Bioshock - I finally got my hands on this, and really I wanted to play it since launch but no time to really get into it. I really liked System Shock and I watched my friend play Bioshock so it looked like a pretty fun game. It's considered by most to be a Game of the Year candidate.

Rainbow Six: Vegas - I got more into GRAW than this and I heard it was a shame because from what people tell me, the graphics and storyline/single player missions in Vegas are more fulfilling. My friend has this game so he's just gonna let me hold onto it.

Eternal Sonata - Depending on when GameFly sends me this, and how long it takes to clear Blue Dragon, I'm in the air on this one. Can anyone tell me how good it is compared to Blue Dragon and how good the story is? I heard there's a tedious amount of cut scenes. I'll probably play through with Japanese dialogue and English subtitles, as even the best English voice actors sometimes make me cringe.

The Darkness - I just NEVER got a chance to try this game. I heard it's a "decent" FPS, and I want to play it through, if anything for achievements and just to rid myself of the curiousity about it. Some people say it's awesome, other people say it's mediocre, either way I have a 2-out GameFly, might as well take advantage.

Skate - I'm going to try to play this through on single player, build a character and enjoy the career aspects of it. Hopefully it's a fun experience. I'm not into Tony Hawk, too arcadey for me.

Lost Planet Extreme Condition - I don't know why GameFly has such a low score on this game. My friend beat it and said it was a fun game, good achievements, decent story and easy to play through. Not easy to the point where it's not fun but easy to the point where you don't have to play for hours upon hours on a same level to beat it.

So, any recomendations or criticism? I already beat Stranglehold in case you're wondering.

[quote name='lawdood']Holy crap, how much time off do you have?[/quote]

I'm wondering the same thing. It would take me weeks to run through all that.

Transformers! It's NONSTOP ACTION!

LOL my buddy had it queued up from Gamefly and some random person on his friends list was playing it on release day. He asked how it was and they said it was awesome it was NONSTOP ACTION! My buddy was bored and went and bought it brand new........then traded it in for like $30 that weekend plus deleted the friend. :D

[quote name='NamelessMC']I'd like to get the achievements too since my gamerscore got reset with my new 360.

I'll probably play through with Japanese dialogue and English subtitles, as even the best English voice actors sometimes make me cringe.
[/QUOTE]

How did your gamerscore get reset, did you make a new account? Was your original account not on Xbox Live (Silver or Gold)?

I can understand you not wanting to listen to English voice acting in a Japanese RPG as none have particularly good English voice acting, but who are these "best English voice actors" who are making you cringe?

If it were me, I think I'd be spending most of my time on either Bioshock or Halo 3 (doing both may be a little overkill since they are both FPS). I just completed Bioshock (basically played through it in a weekend), and I thought it was a very satisfying game.

2nd on my list would be Blue Dragon. I think I'd play it over Eternal Sonata because it is a more traditional RPG. Eternal Sonata looks good, but it has a very Dark Cloud feel that is more casual in my opinion. Of course, Eternal Sonata does have multiplayer, so if you were gaming with someone else, that may be worth considering.

The rest of the games are a toss-up. I personally would recommend playing Dead Rising over a lot of the other games because it is so distinctive and refreshing. Watch out for the FPS burnout (Rainbow Six, Darkness, Lost Planet)!

I played the Skate demo, and I thought it was alright. I was pumped about the new stick mechanics when I first heard of them, but I found them to be pretty frustrating. Skate seemed a little too realistic for my taste...

[quote name='NamelessMC']So, any recomendations or criticism? I already beat Stranglehold in case you're wondering.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend playing less of the games and just concentrate on enjoying a couple of them. I don't know how long you're vacation is but damn, that would take me most of the year. Take some breaks between to do something else so you don't get burned out or carpal tunnel.

Gears on insane and Lost Planet are two ive done which i will say are worth the time.

I ran through Rainbow Six Vegas in pretty much 1 sit through on co-op and that was a blast. Only beat the first level single player realistic though :(

Most of the rest are on my to due list as well so cant speak much about them. Bioshock The Darkness and Halo 3 being the top three for me there.

[quote name='traslin']If it were me, I think I'd be spending most of my time on either Bioshock or Halo 3 (doing both may be a little overkill since they are both FPS). I just completed Bioshock (basically played through it in a weekend), and I thought it was a very satisfying game.

2nd on my list would be Blue Dragon. I think I'd play it over Eternal Sonata because it is a more traditional RPG. Eternal Sonata looks good, but it has a very Dark Cloud feel that is more casual in my opinion. Of course, Eternal Sonata does have multiplayer, so if you were gaming with someone else, that may be worth considering.

The rest of the games are a toss-up. I personally would recommend playing Dead Rising over a lot of the other games because it is so distinctive and refreshing. Watch out for the FPS burnout (Rainbow Six, Darkness, Lost Planet)!

I played the Skate demo, and I thought it was alright. I was pumped about the new stick mechanics when I first heard of them, but I found them to be pretty frustrating. Skate seemed a little too realistic for my taste...[/QUOTE]
Lost planet is not first-person. It's third person.

*ring ring*
Hello?
Yes, hello. May I speak with NamelessMC, please?
Sure. Who may I ask is calling?
This is GameFAQS
Oh hey. What is this in reference of?
Rate my ___ threads. They belong here.
Oh. Ok

Nah I'm jk. But to me, whenever I see a "RATE MY ____" I think of Gamefaqs for some reason. I've been guilty of them, so meh :p

But ANYWAY. I'm unemployed and I still don't have that kind of time!! lol

[quote name='FSUddin']is this for real?[/quote]

Well seeing as how people are a little bewildered.

I work as a warehouse lead. I basically tell warehouse employees what to do, where to go, what not. I got hurt, because one of my employees is a dumbass. But rather than pin it on him, I took blame and just said to my boss, "Shit happens, but I can't work with my ankle like this." So I'm getting paid injury leave.

I had two weeks of vacation time stored up, and I was going to get paid for the time off anyway. So I told my boss, "I know this is a dick move, but I'm scheduling my two weeks off for after the injury time." He had that look like, "There's things I want to say that I can't because I'll get in trouble, so I'll pretend that it doesn't bother me but you know I want to shit my pants."

And to be quite honest with you, during my off time I'll be looking for a new job. I can't stand being a manager but at the same time having to deal with a boss of my own, that's one of those guys that abuses his position of power. Any frustration or anger he has is immediately everyone else's fault. If he gets the quote wrong, drop off time wrong, anything wrong, he finds a way to blame it on me or my boys. "Well you guys should've reminded me!"

So yeah I'll have a month off and after that a new job, but essentially I have a month off and my ankle feels fine aleady. :)

[quote name='lawdood']Holy crap, how much time off do you have?[/quote]

Well, you have to figure:
Gears of War, Halo 3, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Rainbow Six, The Darkness and Bioshock can be knocked out a day each, some two a day. And that's even having fun playing them. I love playing games and I love getting engulfed in them, but I'm very impatient. I always want to get the mission done fast.

The only real "long-time" games there are Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon.

I wouldn't say any of those are a one day play through unless 10 hours a day is your thing. I would also say that is also rushing through and not including dying/replaying levels.

I'd say all of these are 8-10 hours each:
Gears of War
Lost Planet
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Halo 3 (from what I've read)

Bioshock is a 14+ hour game.

That's also assuming you don't go for anything extra like achievements which obviously extend play-time. There is more to a game like Dead Rising than just seeing an ending. That's almost a secondary aspect of the game, as there are 6 endings.

You're on vacation and you're playing video games? You're doing it wrong.
I don't even take my fucking cell phone on vacation with me.

You need some XBLA stuff in there to break it up, as one poster noted. I say Puzzle Fighter because I'm addicted to it, but Geometry Wars/Bomberman/take your pick here should break it up a little bit.

[quote name='Liquid 2']You're on vacation and you're playing video games? You're doing it wrong.
I don't even take my fucking cell phone on vacation with me.[/quote]

Right, because your idea of a vacation is the same as everyone else's.

Me and my gf broke up, and I don't feel like meeting women until I get over her. I feel more confident hitting on women and dating when I'm actually working anyway because I feel like being busy allows me to avoid saturating the time together.

I normally train a lot for mixed martial arts but my camp is getting ready for a fight in Tiajuana on the 29th so I won't even get training time with them.

The beach this time of the year sucks and I don't want to spend more than a grand going somewhere out of town.

So lay off, thanks.

bread's done
Back