Rate the Lost Series Finale

dmaul1114

Banned
I voted good, but not great.

As I said in the other thread, loved the ending for the character arcs and resolution of the flash sideways etc. Very emotional and did well wrapping up the characters which were a huge draw to the show.

But on the other hand, the other draw was the island mythos, and we got very little answers on that through out the series--even stuff from this season.

No real idea what smokey was, what the light is. What happens if the light goes out (only sink the island? destroy the world?) etc. etc.

So a good finally, but felt a little empty to me as it only wrapped up one half of the show essentially.

Anyway, interested to see how the poll turns out. Hard to get a sense from reading the other long thread.

maybe a mod can put this poll on the lost thread, theres already a number of pages on the finale in the lost thread, this will just make for double postings.

that being said, i voted good.

I voted for Good, not great and then immediately felt I should have voted for meh or disappointed. The flash sideways ended perfectly IMO, but too many questions about the island were left unanswered.

Yeah, I'd be fine if this could be merged with the other thread. Though I figure most will just vote here and not post.

I though it was Great! Wrapped up a lot of questions for me even though it didn't answer all, and the emotional impact hit hard. A fitting end to one of my all-time fave shows!

They set out to make the ending about the characters, and that they did fantastically. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish I'd gotten more answers, but I'm still left satisfied with how it ended.

[quote name='Number83']Where's the "Didn't see it, didn't care" option? Or Book?[/QUOTE]

I think I saw it in one of the thousands of other threads that aren't specifically about the Lost finale. ;)

[quote name='billyrox']I voted Great. I loved the ending. I doubt all the answers could have been crammed into 2 hrs[/QUOTE]

True. That's a fault of the last 2-3 seasons--not just this finale--they had their 3 year deadline, and blew it in terms of resolving the mythos they built up in the first 3 years and continued to add to rather than explaining anything.

I voted good. I didn't expect them to actually explain all that much in the ending, but I did expect them to have explained some of it by the ending. But I don't have a huge problem with it. I think they showed that nobody there really knew exactly what the hell the island was, it was just there, the light was important, and somebody had to protect it. Dharma came to examine the island, shit happened, they died/joined the island group. Various shit happened and then, not really directly related, they meet each other after they all die.

It was an interesting show and had an interesting ending that really was the end.

And it's now time to move one - new Futurama in a month! :p.

Meh.

All of the "reunions" in purgatory got to be grating after a while, and it quickly turned into a checklist. After what we've seen in the final season, I knew we wouldn't get big answers, so I really wasn't sure what to expect. The Ajira repairs still have the sci-fi devotee in me a little angry.

My overall feeling is that it was written to be a tearjerker.

bread's done
Back