Rate the Summer movies you've seen so far!

2Fast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
X-Men: The Last Stand - I really don't want to get into why I hated this movie so much, but I did. None of the characters felt the same as the other two movies and the franchises "end" was very abrupt (not to mention dumb). I'm really tired of Wolverine ALWAYS saving the day, 4 out of 10.

The Da Vinci Code
- I saw this out of order while working and thought it was okay. Tom Hanks is not his usual self, but the movie intrigued me a bit (never read the book). Kept me interested, 6 out of 10.

Cars - I like Pixar movies, but never have the desire to see them or animated (Disney, etc.) movies in general. I was dragged to this one and ended up being pretty bored with it. It's decent, but too long and is probably Pixar's worst movie (which makes still makes it good compared to most everything else). The setting was too boring and the plot/characters felt recycled (Lightning McQueen felt like a slow Woody). Too long, 6 out of 10.

Superman Returns - I really enjoyed this movie and ended up seeing it twice (I see them free so not a real big deal to see a movie twice). Sure, there is one person who kind of sours this movie, but I loved it nonetheless. Felt like Superman to me, 7.5 out of 10.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - This is a very fun, but long movie. It kept me entertained, but I did sneak quite a few looks at my watch (should have shaved at least fifteen minutes of dead weight off, in my opinion). I thought the first movie was good, but highly overrated. With that said, I liked Dead Man's Chest, and the ending has me really excited for World's End. Ending ruled!, 7.5 out of 10.

X-Men The Last Stand - 7/10. Really enjoyed this, it doesn't really follow the comic storyline (none of the movies really did), but it was very enjoyable.

V for Vendetta - 10/10. Seriously. No words can do it justice.

The Break Up - 7/10. Funny if you've been in a long term relationship because you can relate to a lost of it. Plus Aniston's ass is in it.

Omen - 6/10 since it was faithful to the original, even if Gregory Peck is a god among men who will rise from his grave and kick everyone's ass who was associated with it simply because he is Gregory Peck, and he can most certainly do that because, again, he is Gregory Peck.

Cars - 7/10. Amusing movie, beautiful graphics, but I hate Owen Wilson, who I felt brought little actual character to Lightning. Less LOL moments than previous Pixar films. Good characterization, but it still seemed weaker than previous efforts.

Superman Returns - 6.5/10. "Lois Lane is a Whiny Uppity Bitch" is a better title.

Pirates...Chest - 9/10. Smiled throughout the entire movie. A little long but highly entertaining.

Over the Hedge - 6/10. Completly butchers its source material, even if it did do a good job with some of the characterization. Music was decent.

Xmen 3 - 6/10. Xmen: Emo Edition. I'm glad I saw this free, else that would have knocked 2 points off.

Still want to see:
Nacho Libre
Devil Wears Prada
Clerks 2
Scanner Darkly
Strangers with Candy
Da Vinci Code
V for Vendetta
Art School Confidential
Thank You for Smoking
MI3

X-Men: Last Stand... 6/10
Superman Returns... 8/10
V for Vendetta... 9/10

and, even though I have yet to see it....

Clerks 2 gets a 10/10. Calling it now. The trailers do not do the film justice and all Kevin Smith fans will love it and die laughing.

out of the 2 i've seen since I really don't care for movies as much as gaming:

X-men - 4/10, decent action, and decent plot, but not the same without Singer

Cars - 11/10, best movie I have seen in a long ass time

i plan to see clerks 2, but I can see it as being a flop, so-so, or very good since the commercials and trailer keep giving me those feelings.

I wanna see art school though. Looks great.

[quote name='Scorch']
V for Vendetta - 10/10. Seriously. No words can do it justice.
[/quote]

Very good movie, read that and Watchmen if you already havn't.

X-men 3 The Last Stand: -2/10

Pirates of the Carribean 2: 7.5/10

Da Vinci Code: 3/10

Art School Confidential: 9/10 Daniel Clowes is awesome.

X-Men 3: 7/10 (Unneccessary deaths, we still have 4 to look forward to)

Cars: 7/10 (weakest of the bunch but still has that Pixar charm we've come to love)

Da Vinci Code: 7/10 (Didn't read the book, but found it all interesting none the less)

Pirates of the Carribean 2: 9/10 (never a dull moment)

Devil Wears Prada: 8/10 (gf dragged me to go watch it, was suprisingly good)

Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift: 7/10 (Better than the last two movies, minus the main characters accent and Bow wow's car)

Hmm... let's see...

Revenge of the Sith was OK. Not the best movie in the new Star Wars Trilogy but a decent follow-up. (8/10)

The 40-Year-Old Virgin was really funny. I can't wait to see it again to pick up on all the jokes I probably missed the first time through. (8/10)

Batman Begins. What can I say? This movie takes the place of my all-time favorite comic book movie X2. (10/10)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith. This movie sucked big time. The two stars didn't help either - I'm so sick of those two. (3/10)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now... oh, wait... did you mean Summer 2006? I haven't seen anything yet but I'll let you know when they come out on DVD...

The Omen: What a clunker! It's pretty sad when a horror film has to resort to the age old loud noise and fast edits to scare you (dream sequences) 4/10

The Da Vinci Code: I never read the book, so I enjoyed the movie probably more then most people 7/10

Cars- 6/10. Pretty much got what I was expecting, awesome detail in the animation and pretty simple story. I'm not their target audience, though.

Over the Hedge- 7/10. Better than I thought it would be. Dragged a simple plot out a bit long but the characters were fun to watch and music was pleasant.

Lois Lane Returns- 6/10. People still planning to see this movie will see it no matter what I have to say, and I don't blame them.

Nacho Libre- 8/10. Some parts of the film were uncomfortable to watch, but that probably was no accident. Definitely got the Napolean feel I was expecting. Rest assured, some people will absolutely hate this one.

Pirates- 8/10. Entertaining, even for my short attention span. Throughout the movie you can see how much money Disney pumped into it. Didn't like how the end was them basically cockslapping you with "Yes, we are making a part 3 whether you like it or not... because, you know, we need more money."

X-men 3 - 5/10 - Could have been so much more, just seemed like it was a movie made so they could make a 4th.

Da Vinci Code - 6/10 - Acting felt poor, not as sharp as the book, and took away some of the female lead's important scenes, going against the message of the story.

V for Vendetta - 9/10 - A great mix of action and story, the end was kinda cheese, so that lowered it a lil, plus its darn hard to get a perfect score

Superman Returns - 7/10 - Too emotional and soft, really wanted to see Superman throw an actual punch. I hated Louis' kid and he shouldnt have been able to lift that thing at the end because of the Kryptonite

[quote name='javeryh']Hmm... let's see...

Revenge of the Sith was OK. Not the best movie in the new Star Wars Trilogy but a decent follow-up. (8/10)

The 40-Year-Old Virgin was really funny. I can't wait to see it again to pick up on all the jokes I probably missed the first time through. (8/10)

Batman Begins. What can I say? This movie takes the place of my all-time favorite comic book movie X2. (10/10)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith. This movie sucked big time. The two stars didn't help either - I'm so sick of those two. (3/10)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now... oh, wait... did you mean Summer 2006? I haven't seen anything yet but I'll let you know when they come out on DVD...[/quote]

Wrong year, keep regular movie discussion to the last movie you saw thread.

These are the movies I've seen since May:

- United 93 - 5/5
- Thank You For Smoking - 4/5
- Luck Number Slevin - 2/5
- An Inconvienant Truth - 2/5

Hmmm...reading this thread made me realize how many movies I've actually seen.

Thank You For Smoking--3.5/5
V for Vendetta 4.5/5
Cars 4.25/5
Da Vinci Code 3/5
X-men 4/5
Poseidon Adventure 2/5
MI:3 4/25/5

MI:3 7/10 (Went in never seeing the first 2, but I don't think there was much tie in between them)

X-men 3 7/10 (Watched it with the worst crowd I have ever seen, I seriously think the people to our right and in front of us never stopped talking during the entire movie. But about the movie, it just set up for the 4th one)

Pirates 9/10 (Great movie, a little long + the ending drop it a point)

Da Vinci- 5/10
Over the Hedge- 8.5/10
Cars- 6/10
Poseidon- 5/10
X3- 8/10
Pirates 2- 4/10
The Devil Wears Prada- 7/10
V for Vendetta- 9/10
Thank You for Smoking- 6.5/10

Jesus Christ I have seen a lot of movies.

An Inconvenient Truth: Provocative, compelling and more entertaining than I expected. Important to see.

Water: A story about widows scorned by society in India in the '30s. Not recommended if you're looking for light summer fare but excellent, intelligent and moving.

Word Play: a must if you're into the Times crossward puzzle. I loved it.

I want to see V for Vendetta, havnt rented it yet though.
Hostel: Good but it has its really gory moments...id give it a 7/10
The Hills Have Eyes: Again was good at points, other moments in the movie you are saying what the hell? 7/10
Failure to Launch: That was pretty funny, good comedy. 8/10
Final Destination 3: It was O.K lol. 8/10

[quote name='CheapyMom']An Inconvenient Truth: Provocative, compelling and more entertaining than I expected. Important to see.

Water: A story about widows scorned by society in India in the '30s. Not recommended if you're looking for light summer fare but excellent, intelligent and moving.

Word Play: a must if you're into the Times crossward puzzle. I loved it.[/quote]

Leave it to Cheapy's Mom to find Thought provoking Winter movies during Summer Blockbuster time.

For an encore she'll find "The Hours 2: Electric Boogaloo" and review it. :D

Cheapy needs to come back to the states and put his mom on a steady diet of explosions and plot holes.

X-Men 3 - 7/10 (I liked this movie but it was inferior to the previous films)
Pirates 3 - 7/10
The Propostion - 8/10 (This is an Australian western with Guy Pierce)
Cars - 9/10
V for Vendetta - 5/10

Xmen: 7/10
Superman: 6.5/10
TFATF: Tokyo Drift: 7/10
Thank you for smoking: 20/10 Awsome movie, funny as hell. Loved it.
Pirates: 8/10 Too long, but very funny. End was stupido.
Click: 8/10

I'm probably forgetting somethin...

This probably doesn't include every movie I've seen but I'll try to remember as many as possible

X-men 3- 8/10
V for Vendetta- 9/10 (not really a summer movie but everyone else included it)
Superman- 2/10
Pirates of the Caribbean 2- 9/10
The Break Up- 7/10
Click- 6.5/10
Cars- 7/10
Over the Hedge- 7/10
The Omen- 6/10
Mission Impossible 3- 6.5/10
Poseidon- 7.5/10
Silent Hill- 7/10
Da Vinci Code- 5/10
Thank You for Smoking- 6.5/10

What can I say, I see a lot of movies.

X-Men 3 - 6.5/10 - I liked it, but it would have been better if they didn't try and force two unrelated stories together

MI:3 - 6/10 - alright, but some parts really bored me and dragged on too long(big action scenes that shouldn't have too)

Nacho Libre - 3/10 - Jack Black is usually good, but this just wasn't all that funny

Superman Returns - 7/10 - loved seeing Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor, and action scenes were well-done, but it just dragged on too long

bread's done
Back