Rate this flea market purchase

RegularX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
sega genesis (unit 2) w/ controller + the copy of sonic 2 that came with it (box+instructions) + original box - $20
super metroid (cart) - $15
2 NES controllers + master blaster cart - $10
Rygar cart + instructions (NES) - $5
NES Advantage - $3
Golden Axe 2 - $2

I don't think it is that bad. Alot depends on the conditions of the Genesis box though, I think that is the rarest thing in there (but I'm not an expert).

[quote name='cdrober']I don't think it is that bad. Alot depends on the conditions of the Genesis box though, I think that is the rarest thing in there (but I'm not an expert).[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Doesn't look like a bad deal but not all that great. I hardly ever see a used game system with the box other then on ebay and you chances are wont get it for 20 bucks. Only it would be alot better if it was original genesis box.

the flear market I looked at once was overpriced with many old games, most of the gamcube games weren't even complete never looked back again...

I say not too bad because super metroid is one of the best SNES game ever made, and boxed genesis is pretty good

[quote name='RegularX']sega genesis (unit 2) w/ controller + the copy of sonic 2 that came with it (box+instructions) + original box - $20
NES Advantage - $3
Golden Axe 2 - $2[/QUOTE]

Well you paid less than ebay prices.

See, that's not too bad of a deal imo. I always laugh at the people who try to reduce the price that people are selling their stuff to almost giving it away.

Mind you, I'm still hoping like hell my one buddy would pull out his old model 1 Genny(which he has the original worn box for in his room) and his Sega Master System, so I could buy them both. Hell, as long as they were all complete, I'd offer him like $15 each for just the systems alone.

He also had a buttload of Genny and SMS games, but I think he may have sold those a while back. :whistle2:X

Anyway, great deal imo OP.....

personally, i don't know anywhere besides the flea to get games for cheaper (outside of garage sales). the problem is that most people that specifically sell games, and thus will likely have the best/rare items, know what games are worth (probably priced based on something like ebay).

but i would love some tips if you guys would like to offer.

also, on a side note i have never owned a genesis before in my life. what are some must own games (outside of streets of rage)?

Genny games to look out for:

Cool Spot(7-Up had a 'mascot' at one point, the red dot from the bottles)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4G5EH6-iNc

Cool Spot: Spot Goes To Hollywood

Zombies Ate My Neighbors(1-2 player fun zombie/monster shooting game with weapons like soda can grenades and water gun 'guns')
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDp6P_I7q2g

General Chaos(still looking for this one, very funny 'war game') http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aUBiCAm_H4

Vectorman(fun shooting game with a character made up of umm well, lemme link to it...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGLgkVJ7zec&mode=related&search=

I actually have a cart only copy of Zombies Ate My Neighbors which I found in a thrift store and I have a complete copy already. So, if you want it, let me know... I'd probably do it for like $5 shipped. I'll link to videos if I can find them on YouTube or someplace that show you the games in action.

EDIT: linked to videos for ones I found, also found copies of Spot Goes To Hollywood on Amazon from $5.94.

If the Genny is clean and the box/manuals are in nice shape thats not too bad a deal.

It depends on what you want. If all you want is a working genny to play games on you could have gotten one alot cheaper. But your average genny console not in the box is disgustingly crusty and dirty, yet they still work, so like I said, it depends on what you were looking for.

Personally, I'd rather pay a little more and get a system in the box, in halfway decent shape.

[quote name='RegularX']sega genesis (unit 2) w/ controller + the copy of sonic 2 that came with it (box+instructions) + original box - $20
NES Advantage - $3
Golden Axe 2 - $2[/quote]

The sega genesis isn't that bad if you didn't have one..

I would never pay $15 for super metroid (Maybe with the exception of it being brand new) Because I wouldn't play it, But if you really wanted it badly (And are going to play ita lot) Then it's good..

2 NES controllers and a blaster master cart for $10? Bad IMO. I would never pay more than a dollar for a regular NES controller and wouldn't pay more than $2 for the game.

Rygar with instructions.. Well at $5 it's bad IMO But if you wanted a NES Game with the manual and can't find any, Then it MIGHT be worth $4.

NES Advantage at $3 - Worth it. I paid the same for mine and I think it's worth it.

Golden Axe 2 - I guess it's worth $2, But what system is it for? The genesis?

yeah genesis.

i really need controllers for my NES.

i bought a grab bag of consoles from a garage sale for $5 that included an NES w/ cables + zapper but no controllers, a super NES w/controller + cables, two PS1 with cables + controllers and a few PS2 controllers. i gave always all PS1 SNES stuff since i own three SNES and three PS1.

the best deal anyone on the trading boards was offering was $12 shipped for ones in good condition and ebay (after shipping) wans't any better. and there aren't very many garage sales in san francisco (tho while i was up in santa cruz there are always a lot in the summer which is where i scored the grab bag). so the flea seemed like the best deal to me.

I think it's best to judge for yourself how well you did as depending on where you are the selection and prices on the average will vary.

I could use how much you typically find an NES game for as an example. I rarely ever have to pay more then a buck for a NES game at the flea market but the selection is surely lacking compare to alot of the bigger Flea Markets in the US. Other CAGs you'll see in the yardsale thread seem to put in some time at yardsaling and get NES games so cheap that it makes that ($1) look expensive. On the other hand it sounds like alot of people will see places around them selling NES games for $5 a pop (usually Pawns, Fleas Mom & Pop game stores) with even stores like Goodwill being $3-4 a game and that being the best deal they will find around them for NES games aside from striking gold at a yardsale.

I'd say the NES Advantage - $3 & Golden Axe 2 - $2 (even if this is cart only) were the best deals when looking at the stuff you got and comparing what would have been the cheapest you could have gotten them for on eBay.

[quote name='RegularX']personally, i don't know anywhere besides the flea to get games for cheaper (outside of garage sales). the problem is that most people that specifically sell games, and thus will likely have the best/rare items, know what games are worth (probably priced based on something like ebay).

but i would love some tips if you guys would like to offer.

also, on a side note i have never owned a genesis before in my life. what are some must own games (outside of streets of rage)?[/QUOTE]

The new trend in Garage/Yard Sales is people pricing games insanely high (even though many are games they can't even trade in). I've found more people to be delusional than "let's get rid of the excess crap and take SOME cash for it..."

It's not bad, but I would never have paid that much for a Genesis 2, boxed or not. The Genesis 3 in the box might be worth it, but not a 2.

The games you did fine on, not awesome, but nothing to complain about. Overall you did decent.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The new trend in Garage/Yard Sales is people pricing games insanely high (even though many are games they can't even trade in). I've found more people to be delusional than "let's get rid of the excess crap and take SOME cash for it..."[/quote]
Indeed! I've seen people trying to sell some crappy sports PS1 game for $5.00, or in some cases $10.00 dollars. I'm guessing they probably find some games sitting around a Goodwill and think they can get rich quick by selling them at their own yard sale.

bread's done
Back