Rayman Origins - 11/15/11

Sgt Barone

CAGiversary!
The reviews are coming in and they are overwhelmingly positive. This appears to be the best platformer on the 360 by far and seems to be a must have game. What are your thoughts?

I played the demo and loved it.. reminded me of an old school platformer with a decent amount of difficulty.

The graphics are really well done too. I will be picking this one up when my backlog goes down a bit.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Really like the game, will probably get it just not now.. very bad timing with too many others games.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If this were out during the summer, I'd be on this day one.

I bought the game as well. I love platformers and they are pretty much non-existent on Xbox 360.

I watched some of Giant Bomb's quicklook for the game and it looks good.

Yea, this went from not even being on my radar to surpassing most of the holiday titles this year. It looks amazing. Good to see the series return to its roots.

I can tell the later levels of this will be brutal as fuck. These timed runs and the must collect so many of the lums will be challenging yet fun.

If someone gets all the 1000 gamerscore or platnium's it. Congratulations to you.

This game might just rank as a GOTY contender for me.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']
This game might just rank as a GOTY contender for me.[/QUOTE]

That is certainly encouraging to hear. I am picking it up this weekend with the great feedback I am seeing.

[quote name='Yanksfan']That is certainly encouraging to hear. I am picking it up this weekend with the great feedback I am seeing.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be on sale for $40 next week at Gamestop.

It's about time we got real Rayman game,instead of the Raving Rabbids bullshit.Shame they canceled Rayman 4 to do that instead.

[quote name='themaster20000']It's going to be on sale for $40 next week at Gamestop.

It's about time we got real Rayman game,instead of the Raving Rabbids bullshit.Shame they canceled Rayman 4 to do that instead.[/QUOTE]
I picked my copy up last week because i wanted the beyond good and evil hd free download code, i knew it was gonna be on sale for 40 black friday so i just kept it sealed and have been playing skyrim. Will go get my 20 bucks back friday and pick up Rage with it, and be playing both Rayman Origins and Rage.

I tried the demo tonight and after falling to my death about 6 times trying to get some big shiny coin thing right near the beginning, I think I've decided this isn't for me. LOL. It looks pretty, though.

[quote name='crunchewy']I tried the demo tonight and after falling to my death about 6 times trying to get some big shiny coin thing right near the beginning, I think I've decided this isn't for me. LOL. It looks pretty, though.[/QUOTE]

Same thing for me bud haha.

Don't think I'd pick it up unless it was around $30 but much respect to those people who are good at these types of games. I love the art style and the music sounded phenomenal through my X12's. I think I would enjoy watching people play this more than playing it myself and being generally awful at it.

Looks great and I love 2D sidescrollers. Will pick it up down the road when it's cheaper (or available on Goozex) and I've cleared out a bunch of other games I want to play more.

Just got this for $12 from GameFly. It is so freaking awesome. I'm about 20% done so far and I have a few of the racing trophies (which are tough). I can see myself going for 1000GS on this one since I love this style of game that rewards practice. The gold medals for 350 yellow things is really tough - I seem to be coming up 10-15 short on most attempts. I love it - easily worth the $12.

Agreed, and it is a lot of fun coop. I'm playing it coop with my kids and we all love it. I think they did the coop better than Nintendo did in NSMB Wii, which is a great game, mind you, but the coop doesn't really fit that well - can get kind of annoying. In this game it's consistently fun, and punching each other between levels never seems to get old. LOL. So, yeah, this is a really great game and was a steal for $13.xx from Gamefly.

[quote name='crunchewy']punching each other between levels never seems to get old. LOL. [/QUOTE]

Haha - that is the best. Me and my son were cracking up all weekend. It is also great for kids - my son is only 5 but he can finish all of the levels with persistence. He won't complete any challenges but that stuff doesn't matter to him. I hope NSMBU is 1/2 as good.

bread's done
Back