Rayman Origins XBOX (with artbook)/PS3/Wii $29.99 Amazon

I was wanting to get it for the 360 anyway, but I'm still not sure if I'll get it now considering how much it's been dropping in price lately. After some Google-ing I found an image of the artbook:

CrIUL.jpg

I have no doubt that it's full of some nice art but it looks relatively thin. I dunno if it's worth getting or not.

[quote name='TheHelix']This is a great price, but backlog is too big right now. Will buy at 20.[/QUOTE]

this. i really enjoyed the demo on XBL

Perfect, I submitted a price match from Gamestop yesterday... and it worked. ( well, that what I'm going to believe! )
Ordered...
The wife was looking for something to play.

[quote name='Slixshot']What's the better version?? 360 or ps3[/QUOTE]

360, the PS3 version does not support DD 5.1 it's only prologic super lame.And it is a big difference.

Ordered, thanks OP! Glad to see all those price reports finally saw this matched, with the artbook no less! I had a $10 credit that I wanted to use, so $20 was ideal for me.

[quote name='tightclaws']360, the PS3 version does not support DD 5.1 it's only prologic super lame.And it is a big difference.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. Too bad the 360 d-pad sucks. Tough choice.

I really want this game, but I must resist. I have little time and so much else to play... plus I know by the time I finally play this it'll be sub $20 or sub $15...

Game is really fun; I picked it up this past week when it dropped to $30 and GS had a B2G1 Free. Breath-taking graphics, and really fun co-op platforming, ala NSMB Wii. As others mentioned, though, it is an Ubi game, so unless you're dying to play it now, or must have the art book, the price will definitely drop like a rock.

Note that Spiderman Shattered Dimensions came with an Amazon exclusive art book. And I think their Xbox copies STILL retail with it, so if the art book is a selling point, you are not making too unreasonable a bet in assuming that art book will still be there.

Thanks OP, this was the price I was waiting for. In for one on 360. I would have preferred the PS3 version, but who knows, maybe the art book'll be worth something down the road (and does it really make that much difference for a 2D platformer?).

This is really the price it should have launched at. In March, not during the XMas rush.

[quote name='drock']How's the artbook?[/QUOTE]

Art book is pretty cool as an added extra, but don't expect much, it's the size of the game case and there is not too much content, but still great as an added bonus. The game is superb, on par with super meat boy for top notch 2d platformers from this generation. Expect a challenge and some excellent mechanics and environments.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']This game is utterly spectacular. If you're into platformers, get it! The environments, the music, the game play -- just great. :)[/QUOTE]

First time you hit the switch to turn the noms into pink noms I dare you not to smile at the music.

Bought at GS for 30. Brilliant game and worth it if you think your supporting more of this type of development. Sadly it may not matter as this price drop sort of indicates a too little too late scenario.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Sadly it may not matter as this price drop sort of indicates a too little too late scenario.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I should've supported at launch, but didn't. So now ill wait for sub $15.

[quote name='sylvia61']Unfortunately, only the xbox 360 version is $29.99. Wii is $49.99 and PS3 $64.11.[/QUOTE]

GameStop has all three versions for $29.99. The artbook is exclusive to Amazon, though.

[quote name='sylvia61']Unfortunately, only the xbox 360 version is $29.99. Wii is $49.99 and PS3 $64.11.[/QUOTE]

You have to clicked "standard" for the $29.99 price.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']You have to clicked "standard" for the $29.99 price.[/QUOTE]

no thats not it, it's because Amazon itself is sold out of the PS3 version ATM so the price is only from other sellers.

[quote name='tightclaws']no thats not it, it's because Amazon itself is sold out of the PS3 version ATM so the price is only from other sellers.[/QUOTE]

but you can still buy it for $29.99 for PS3/Wii from Amazon as long as you select the "Standard" version without the artbook, ships and sold by Amazon.com

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']GameStop has all three versions for $29.99. The artbook is exclusive to Amazon, though.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and I also saw the PS3 version at Target for $35. A bit more, but on the off chance someone has a gift card it might be better.

[quote name='nypickle']but you can still buy it for $29.99 for PS3/Wii from Amazon as long as you select the "Standard" version without the artbook, ships and sold by Amazon.com[/QUOTE]

This is true, just looked myself, still in stock for PS3 standard.

BUY THIS GAME. It's fantastic. Extremely fun, really gorgeous and a fantastic soundtrack.

I dont even like Rayman and i want to get this, especially with the artbook. But alas i will hold off since im so broke after the holiday season.

Who's the douchebag selling the artbook for like $30 bucks extra? The book isn't worth that much, it's small and thin and it doesn't give you a lot of pleasure when you use it.

I want this game but I can wait for it to hit the sub $20 range. It's been droppong like a rock. I would think it will continue to fall.

[quote name='sgaldis']Game is really fun; I picked it up this past week when it dropped to $30 and GS had a B2G1 Free. Breath-taking graphics, and really fun co-op platforming, ala NSMB Wii. As others mentioned, though, it is an Ubi game, so unless you're dying to play it now, or must have the art book, the price will definitely drop like a rock.[/QUOTE]

How do you get B2G1 Free to work on new games?

Looks like the deal for 360 is gone now. The default seller is no longer Amazon, the standard price is now $40+, and I see many other options. Amazon is still listed under other sellers and has the game for $29.99 (with artbook) but when I try to add to my cart I get the message that it's not available.

Congrats to those who got it.

[quote name='masterchief2291']this. i really enjoyed the demo on XBL[/QUOTE]

Oh I enjoyed the demo too, but I'm sitting on 50+ games right now.

yeah i made a fail. i got this for 30 gamestop pricematched at bestbuy. thought tiv was 30 so free rental. then i noticed only 30tiv w artbook. oh well

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i made a fail. i got this for 30 gamestop pricematched at bestbuy. thought tiv was 30 so free rental. then i noticed only 30tiv w artbook. oh well[/QUOTE]

This is probably YMMV but I just traded in a regular rayman origins into amazon but marked it as the one with the artbook and they still accepted it for the full amount.

[quote name='RCizzle65']I'm tempted to buy, but I think I'll wait for it to come out on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

I would have to imagine that by then the console version would be much cheaper than whatever a retail Vita game would cost. Then you'd have to play the 'price drop waiting game' all over again ;)

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i made a fail. i got this for 30 gamestop pricematched at bestbuy. thought tiv was 30 so free rental. then i noticed only 30tiv w artbook. oh well[/QUOTE]

Did you plat this game? Some of the challenges are pretty tough

bread's done
Back