Rayman Origins XBOX (with artbook)/PS3/Wii $29.99 Amazon

[quote name='driverhasabomb']I wish Best Buy would drop this game. I have a $10 e-gift card burning a hole in my email pocket![/QUOTE]

They won't price match the $29.99 at GS?

[quote name='not2worried']Perfect, I submitted a price match from Gamestop yesterday... and it worked. ( well, that what I'm going to believe! )
Ordered...
The wife was looking for something to play.[/QUOTE]

Yes this. Awesome game. My wife never plays but loves this game, and our kids love the game even more. It is a blast to play the co-op and should be purchased at this price. Needs the support!;)

[quote name='coopscohen']They won't price match the $29.99 at GS?[/QUOTE]

I have a BB e-gift card and they told me I'd need to order the game and then call them on the phone and ask for the price match. Seems like more trouble than it's worth and I don't want to deal with waiting on a refund or whatever.

[quote name='driverhasabomb']I have a BB e-gift card and they told me I'd need to order the game and then call them on the phone and ask for the price match. Seems like more trouble than it's worth and I don't want to deal with waiting on a refund or whatever.[/QUOTE]

I used my eGift card in store (there is a print option) and PM'ed it in store without issue

Great 2D platformer! I only played single-player, so I bet its even better with others. A really good challenge in some of the later/special stages. For those asking, I played it on PS3. Its a wonderful game to look at and i didn't notice any hiccups. I can't speak for any other version.

I got it as a Christmas gift by giving my fiance my $20 gaming coupon while it was on sale at K-Mart for $44.99, making it $25. I beat in a few days ago and sold it on ebay for ~$35 w/shipping. As good as it was, there was no way I would've paid $60. I pushed it to the top of my playlist, cause I knew its only a matter of time till this can be had for $15-$20 new/$10-15 used.

[quote name='tightclaws']360, the PS3 version does not support DD 5.1 it's only prologic super lame.And it is a big difference.[/QUOTE]
BUT if you use simulated DD on an hdtv, and realize how crappy the d-pad on the 360 controller is, then ps3 or Wii would be better.

[quote name='twztid13']BUT if you use simulated DD on an hdtv, and realize how crappy the d-pad on the 360 controller is, then ps3 or Wii would be better.[/QUOTE]
Wny would I do that ? I have a full Surround setup with 7.1? I don't want simulated DD you know?

to everyone on the fence. it's totally worth 30 bucks. it may drop to 20 at some point, but the game is a masterpiece.

[quote name='nypickle']I would have to imagine that by then the console version would be much cheaper than whatever a retail Vita game would cost. Then you'd have to play the 'price drop waiting game' all over again ;)[/QUOTE]

And... thinking that you would loose what makes it so special on the VITA - the graphics and sound.

Sweet. Bought it at best buy for $40 and I consider it worth it. Now to go back to BB and get my $10 from the price match through 1/24.

[quote name='tightclaws']Wny would I do that ? I have a full Surround setup with 7.1? I don't want simulated DD you know?[/QUOTE]
Not everyone does (and why would you want crappy 5.1 on your glorious 7.1 setup, lol?). Obviously, you weren't the target of my statement if that's not the case for you (unless you just wanted to brag about a 7.1 setup). Some live in apartments, so even though we have these setups, we can't use them. The tv volume is fine for this.

[quote name='twztid13']With the artbook? I think you're mistaken.[/QUOTE]

No, he's not mistaken. I bought it for $29.99 today with artbook, for 360, directly from Amazon with FSSS. The thing is, you have to keep checking back under other sellers listing it for sale as "new".

Here's the page that I kept refreshing earlier today:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...w?ie=UTF8&qid=1325743470&sr=8-1&condition=new

I found it available once, and added to my cart, but I delayed and missed it. I was able to snag it later in the day once it popped up again. Act fast if you see it - add to your cart and buy immediately.

I suspect these are cancelled orders, or they misjudged the inventory; who knows. All I know is that this deal is still somewhat-alive if you hunt a bit.

Hope this helps someone! Cheers.

Got a $50 gift card that I want to use on this but I'm waiting for Shaddai to Go back in stock from Amazon do I can get both.

:(

Hope Rayman doesn't go back up in price before that.

[quote name='Cjrosa6']Got a $50 gift card that I want to use on this but I'm waiting for Shaddai to Go back in stock from Amazon do I can get both.

:(

Hope Rayman doesn't go back up in price before that.[/QUOTE]

It already did...

[quote name='twztid13']BUT if you use simulated DD on an hdtv, and realize how crappy the d-pad on the 360 controller is, then ps3 or Wii would be better.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

You mean I've been playing this game wrong for the last 20 hours? I had no idea I was supposed to be using the D-pad. And yes, I've probably put 20 hours into this game. It's that awesome and time consuming if you are going for everything. I'm still not done either. lol

So yeah, if you love platformers, $30 is a no brainer for this. Just make sure it goes to the top of your unplayed pile, you won't regret bumping your other games one bit.

$29.99 without the artbook at Gamestop now. I'll grab this when it hits $19.99, my backlog is too huge

[quote name='twztid13']Not everyone does (and why would you want crappy 5.1 on your glorious 7.1 setup, lol?). Obviously, you weren't the target of my statement if that's not the case for you (unless you just wanted to brag about a 7.1 setup). Some live in apartments, so even though we have these setups, we can't use them. The tv volume is fine for this.[/QUOTE]

I have a 7.1 setup too that sounds great, but I still use my X41's from time to time. it makes CoD more fun and i like chatting on those better than the regular 360 mic.

For movies or blu-ray though, no way I'd ever use a TB.

Also, it sucks only having 3 speakers running while playing Origins. Game is fantastic though.

[quote name='kramer0731']No, he's not mistaken. I bought it for $29.99 today with artbook, for 360, directly from Amazon with FSSS. The thing is, you have to keep checking back under other sellers listing it for sale as "new".

Here's the page that I kept refreshing earlier today:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...w?ie=UTF8&qid=1325743470&sr=8-1&condition=new

I found it available once, and added to my cart, but I delayed and missed it. I was able to snag it later in the day once it popped up again. Act fast if you see it - add to your cart and buy immediately.

I suspect these are cancelled orders, or they misjudged the inventory; who knows. All I know is that this deal is still somewhat-alive if you hunt a bit.

Hope this helps someone! Cheers.[/QUOTE]
I have continued to look, and it continually shows used AND NEW from $43+. I know how to shop from Amazon, unlike some (as they sell the main page to 3rd party sellers & decieve alot of people).

[quote name='Corvin']:whistle2:k

You mean I've been playing this game wrong for the last 20 hours? I had no idea I was supposed to be using the D-pad. And yes, I've probably put 20 hours into this game. It's that awesome and time consuming if you are going for everything. I'm still not done either. lol

So yeah, if you love platformers, $30 is a no brainer for this. Just make sure it goes to the top of your unplayed pile, you won't regret bumping your other games one bit.[/QUOTE]
I can't play fighters or most platformers on an analog stick (as the 360 d-pad, while playing the demo, was terribly inaccurate for me). I like the 360 controller better for 90% of my games, but not this one.

I have Zelda, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Uncharted3, Batman AC and MORE, so no way I'm bumping those off to play this. I will play it, but it will inevitably be much cheaper by the time I get around to it. The artbook was the only thing making me think twice about it, but it seems to be extremely thin :(.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I have a 7.1 setup too that sounds great, but I still use my X41's from time to time. it makes CoD more fun and i like chatting on those better than the regular 360 mic.

For movies or blu-ray though, no way I'd ever use a TB.

Also, it sucks only having 3 speakers running while playing Origins. Game is fantastic though.[/QUOTE]
I hate headphones, and my tv sounds great. I'd rather have a place to live than get complaints for my loud surround setup (which is pointess to use w/o the subwoofer), lol. So, yeah, I was speaking to people that aren't able to use a 7.1 setup (and the 360 only supports 5.1, so it would still be simulated 7.1), in which the 2 versions sound capability matters not. It's being able to play the game at all that matters most, imho.

EDIT: And I also completely forgot about headphones when making that statement, since the world revolves around me.:oops:

[quote name='twztid13']I have continued to look, and it continually shows used AND NEW from $43+. I know how to shop from Amazon, unlike some (as they sell the main page to 3rd party sellers & decieve alot of people).[/QUOTE]

They don't sell the main page to anyone. That page is taken up by pro merchants who have a lower price than amazon when amazon has the product *in stock*.

[quote name='confoosious']They don't sell the main page to anyone. That page is taken up by pro merchants who have a lower price than amazon when amazon has the product *in stock*.[/QUOTE]
Idk, they will seem cheaper then charge out the behind for S&H. I know I've been told by many people that Amazon sells the main page of the items to sellers (and I've seen cheaper items than the 3rd party main page in the "see new & used" area, plenty).

[quote name='twztid13']Idk, they will seem cheaper then charge out the behind for S&H. I know I've been told by many people that Amazon sells the main page of the items to sellers (and I've seen cheaper items than the 3rd party main page in the "see new & used" area, plenty).[/QUOTE]

And they'd be wrong. Amazon just puts the lowest current charge (give or take $1) on the main page. It's true every single time.

But it's always a pro merchant and not joe schmoe selling out of his closet.

I used to wonder why my stuff, even when it was the lower price, never showed up on top and that's the answer I found,

[quote name='twztid13']I have continued to look, and it continually shows used AND NEW from $43+. I know how to shop from Amazon, unlike some (as they sell the main page to 3rd party sellers & decieve alot of people).[/QUOTE]

Glad you know how to shop from Amazon. :D Not sure why you felt the need to tell me that, but I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing it.

I *may* have gotten the last copy at the $29.99 price - if I did, sorry to mislead folks. As I said in my original post, I saw it come up at least twice and I jumped on it the second time, so it was still happening yesterday.

As for the mention of it showing again in stock at $29.99 with a ship date of mid January, I don't see that.

[quote name='kramer0731']Glad you know how to shop from Amazon. :D Not sure why you felt the need to tell me that, but I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing it.

I *may* have gotten the last copy at the $29.99 price - if I did, sorry to mislead folks. As I said in my original post, I saw it come up at least twice and I jumped on it the second time, so it was still happening yesterday.

As for the mention of it showing again in stock at $29.99 with a ship date of mid January, I don't see that.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, guess they took it down sometime in the past hour. It was up at $29.99 starting around ~9:40 AM PST when I checked.

[quote name='DYNO']Hmm, guess they took it down sometime in the past hour. It was up at $29.99 starting around ~9:40 AM PST when I checked.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you and I are seeing the same thing - intermittent "pop-ups" of remaining stock at the $29.99 price. I'm still inclined to believe it's available if people are patient enough.

[quote name='twztid13']Idk, they will seem cheaper then charge out the behind for S&H. I know I've been told by many people that Amazon sells the main page of the items to sellers (and I've seen cheaper items than the 3rd party main page in the "see new & used" area, plenty).[/QUOTE]

Sellers might have to pay a higher fee to be listed on the main page, but it still goes by the lowest price (shipping included) that is in stock. Sometimes Amazon.com is cheaper but gets bumped down because it is temporarily out of stock.

bread's done
Back