Rayman Rabbids 2 FPS Mode Live Action ... What?

prisonerac

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
So IGN finally unvieled the FPS mode from RR2 and it is now in live action with the 3d models placed inside. Look Here:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/823/823115p1.html

And Here:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/903/903778/vids_1.html

It makes the screenshots look beautiful, but I can't help be skeptical about how it plays. The videos make the cursor look to slow and not that much fun. Kinda of looks like a DVD extra. Anyways what are you guys thoughts, I loved the originals fps mode and considered it the best part of the game. So, this mode which was hyped in Nintendo Power (to a small extent) looks to be a little dissappointing. But who knows it could be awesome.

rayman-raving-rabbids-2-20070926052047528-000.jpg

It looks hilarious... and there's really no reason why it would be functionally any different than the first game. Obviously if they screw with it for some reason, it might suck, but as long as all they did was change the scenery, should be awesome.

Wait.
Is RR2 still a party/mini game-game?? Or is it now a FPS?!

Regardless, I think that's pretty cool. It could be interesting :)

[quote name='lilboo']Wait.
Is RR2 still a party/mini game-game?? Or is it now a FPS?!

Regardless, I think that's pretty cool. It could be interesting :)[/quote]The best part of the first game was the on-rails shooting games, which remain in the sequel.

[quote name='botticus']The best part of the first game was the on-rails shooting games, which remain in the sequel.[/QUOTE]

!!
So RRR2 IS that now?! ?!

Because if so, oh man. I was going to get it anyway..but the on-rails FPS games WERE great!

[quote name='lilboo']!!
So RRR2 IS that now?! ?!

Because if so, oh man. I was going to get it anyway..but the on-rails FPS games WERE great![/quote]That's not ALL it is, but it's part of the package again. Along with the excellent rhythm games and others.

And after watching that vid... yikes. Outside of the lag in the viewing itself, they must have had some kinda debug running on there, cause the cursor wasn't even moving fast enough to counter a rabbid walking up to them. If it actually shipped like that, it'd be broken. So I'll assume it will be nice and responsive like the first one.

They remain in the sequel it doesn't mean the whole game is that...unless I mistook how you worded that.

It still contains various minigames, like one which is pretty much an ode to Guitar hero except instead of frets and buttons you use motion from the nunchuk and wiimote to go with the beat of the music.

bread's done
Back