Razer Onza Reviews, Pre-Order Coupon Codes, Link for Amazon order

Veritasiness

CAG Veteran
onza-comparison.jpg

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.54297600

RZRFRSH1PUS - Free Shipping
RZRFRSH1PCA Free Shipping to Canada
RZRFRSH1PEU Free Shipping to Europe
PWN4G3 or RAZERTHX (Credit to z3razerviper)- Save $5
Credit to CyReN on the mlgpro.com forums for the coupon codes.

Link to Amazon Pre-order page. No coupon codes but it is eligible for prime (Credit to VISCO)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004DTU0W2/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Here is a review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE2phSLc-Ug

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow you ordered half a month after we did...already received AND sold it before we even get ours shipped? Nice customer service Razer!

Glad for you but pissed at Razer.

mine shipped after i bitched to tell them i wanted to cancel because they were taking way too long. convenient and lucky for them because i actually did want to cancel. meh. onza te will be here on thursday via ups.

FINALLY received a bullshit reply:

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting the Razer Store.
All the Razer Onza TE preorders have been sent out to the warehouse on Friday 4th of March for fulfilment but the preorders will only be shipped in batches as the stock comes in.
Due to the huge amount of preorders, we won’t be able to ship all of them in one go but the stock will be replenished in batches. Once it will reach the warehouse, some preorders will be shipped out and the shipment confirmation email will be sent to the customers with the tracking number.

We are expecting to ship all the preorders by the 25th of March.

Apologies for the delay.

Sincerely,
Oliver
[/FONT]
Now read the second sentence again... All of them huh? Not according to next words out of your fingers...

EDIT: called them out on this statement and got this reply.
[FONT=&quot]All the preorders went sent to the warehouse but since there isn’t enough stock to fulfil all the preorders in one whole batches, that’s why some orders went on backorder.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The third and last batch of Razer Onza TE will reach the warehouse by the end of this week.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Apologies for any inconvenience caused.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Oliver[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Customer Care
The Razer Store[/FONT]

[quote name='$hady']FINALLY received a bullshit reply:

Now read the second sentence again... All of them huh? Not according to next words out of your fingers...

EDIT: called them out on this statement and got this reply.[/QUOTE]

So am guessing the whole being put on "backorder" means your order is just being processed was just b/s to keep people from canceling.

[quote name='VISCO']Why so am guessing the whole being put on "backorder" means your order is just being processed was just b/s to keep people from canceling.[/QUOTE]

English please?

My Amazon order still says,
"Delivery Estimate: February 16, 2011 - March 19, 2011", although at this point I don't even pretend to believe it.

Razer has definitely cost themselves a large amount of potential customers with this controller.

Honestly Im a bit understanding of this shortage, even though i may not get mine till april. There was a professed interest in the controller, but i they were to judge the amount to make by the preordered a month is a short time to ramp up production. Personally I dont need a new controller right away so Im happy to wait as long as the controller is good. Its annoying but its not the end of the world guys.

[quote name='croqoa']English please?

My Amazon order still says,
"Delivery Estimate: February 16, 2011 - March 19, 2011", although at this point I don't even pretend to believe it.

Razer has definitely cost themselves a large amount of potential customers with this controller.[/QUOTE]
Weird...is this the TE or standard?

Here's what mine says:

amazonrazor.jpg

[quote name='ubercaffeinated']mine shipped after i bitched to tell them i wanted to cancel because they were taking way too long. convenient and lucky for them because i actually did want to cancel. meh. onza te will be here on thursday via ups.[/QUOTE]

Did you call them I cant find a number?

[quote name='eddie291']Weird...is this the TE or standard?

[/QUOTE]

It's the TE, my preorder was put in on Jan 25th on Amazon and that date estimation has never changed to this point. Kind of like how Razer's website has said "4 weeks" for the TE for the past six straight weeks.

I finally got a little honesty from our good friend "Oliver":

Hi Gabriel,

The way the warehouse have processed and shipped the Razer Onza TE was not done correctly as they randomly picked the orders regardless of order date and time.
I understand your frustration and we will make sure this kind of mess doesn't happen again =(

I can assure you that the third and last batch of Razer Onza TE will reach the warehouse by the end of this week and the remaining preorders will be shipped after that.

Sincerely,
Oliver
Customer Care
The Razer Store

.....1 and done with this company. If I ever want a Razer product again (doubtful), I'll wait for it to become available on Amazon.

My TE has a estimated date of March 7 - April 7, although I'm sure that won't happen. Just kind of disgusted at how Razer is handling this and other pre-orders / new products :( I was excited about the TRON keyboard, but now it's releasing 4-5 months after the movie and it's gone up like $30 since they announced it so I'm passing. Oh well!

I take it Razor charges you right away if you buy it off their site?

I'll be honest...I don't mind waiting. Not like I need a controller right away(although, my wireless controller from launch is on its last legs). Then again, I ordered it off Amazon, so I won't be charged till it ships.

Received a email saying mine shipped with links to UPS/USPS tracking but said to look for another email containing the tracking number... How screwy is that???

Anyone else get this noticed or did my squeaky wheel get oiled? :D

Edit: Ordered the TE directly from Razer.

Amazon has the TE marked as "Pre-order: Ships April 15th" now, so I'm assuming that is when all of us who ordered there have to wait till :(

I kind of want to put in an order for one and then just forget about it until whenever they ship, but the cable is a bit off-putting to me. I mean, I get why it is a wired controller, but I can barely use my Tourney Stick for 2 or 3 minutes before my daughter gets curious as to what it is and starts fucking with it. This would probably be the same situation, it getting unplugged every other minute.

Got an email from Amazon that the TE edition is delayed of course. I ordered when it went up in January and up until today it said I'd have it by March 19th. I realize this is not Amazon's fault at all.

"Razer Onza Tournament Edition Gaming Controller"
Release date: April 15 2011
Estimated arrival date: April 21 2011 - April 26 2011"

Also Razer's website, which has said the TE would be available in "4 weeks" for about 7 weeks now, currently says available in "6-8 weeks". What a fucking joke.

[quote name='croqoa']Got an email from Amazon that the TE edition is delayed of course. I ordered when it went up in January and up until today it said I'd have it by March 19th. I realize this is not Amazon's fault at all.

"Razer Onza Tournament Edition Gaming Controller"
Release date: April 15 2011
Estimated arrival date: April 21 2011 - April 26 2011"

Also Razer's website, which has said the TE would be available in "4 weeks" for about 7 weeks now, currently says available in "6-8 weeks". What a fucking joke.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. When did you get the email? Mine still says 18th-23rd, but I ordered on Feb. 28th. I'm guessing I'm gonna get that email soon. :cry:

Razer makes it hard to want this controller given all their problems getting it manufactured or shipped. Toss in the few people who get it who say they just ordered it, it shipped, and bam they got it, well, it creates an atmosphere of annoyance with the whole thing.

I'm still waiting on enough people to get it, hook it up to their PC, and tell me what the driver situation is like. If it reads as anything EXCEPT a MS-branded controller to the system, then it's going to not be better than the Microsoft-branded 360 controllers. Those are 99% of the time (sans Ubisoft games) detected and configured for you automagically and that's a feature worth a lot.

Yeah, this is pretty sad. I was thinking about cancelling my order because I was afraid it would ship and show up while I'm away for a week, but it looks like I get to wait EVEN LONGER.

Probably should have ordered from the Razer store, but I like Amazon much, much more. I'm still hoping they pull through soon.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Razer makes it hard to want this controller given all their problems getting it manufactured or shipped. Toss in the few people who get it who say they just ordered it, it shipped, and bam they got it, well, it creates an atmosphere of annoyance with the whole thing.

I'm still waiting on enough people to get it, hook it up to their PC, and tell me what the driver situation is like. If it reads as anything EXCEPT a MS-branded controller to the system, then it's going to not be better than the Microsoft-branded 360 controllers. Those are 99% of the time (sans Ubisoft games) detected and configured for you automagically and that's a feature worth a lot.[/QUOTE]

It reads as an XBOX 360 Controller for Windows, didn't even install any new drivers for it (I already have a wired 360 controller I use on a regular basis).

[quote name='drbutchevil']It reads as an XBOX 360 Controller for Windows, didn't even install any new drivers for it (I already have a wired 360 controller I use on a regular basis).[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I do appreciate it. I have read many user reviews, but no one's ever been clear about that. Going to go get in line now at Amazon. ;)

[quote name='Ionotropic']The triggers on this controller are really weird. Having a hard time getting used to them for FPS games.[/QUOTE]

People have been cutting them down and sanding them, no joke. Nice job Razer for screwing that up.

[quote name='egonpax']Well these are pre-orders for an item that hasn't been released yet and so if there are any reviews there aren't many. I've seen a youtube video that was a quick short impression at a gaming con.

However, most of Razer's items are hailed and lauded by many of the PC gaming community so if anyone were to make an excellent 3rd party peripheral, it would be Razer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah uh most PC gamers (and especially the comp players) know that razer products are nothing more than average at best peripherals with a premium price tag due to the logos, excessive packaging and "flashy" leds. The actual build quality for their mice is kinda shoddy and a lot of people have problems after only a few months.

[quote name='CanadaTop']Yeah uh most PC gamers (and especially the comp players) know that razer products are nothing more than average at best peripherals with a premium price tag due to the logos, excessive packaging and "flashy" leds. The actual build quality for their mice is kinda shoddy and a lot of people have problems after only a few months.[/QUOTE]

I've had a lot better luck with Razer products than MS peripherals. I'm constantly chucking these stupid things.

Finally went back to a wired 360 controller and the stupid thing got a short inside the cable (was able to isolate, but because the wire gauge is literally the thinnest wire I've ever seen in my life, couldn't splice the back section out and repair).

Went back to wireless and one of the sticks has been drifting forever. I don't even use their controllers that much. If these get even remotely decent reviews, I'm going to sell the wireless adaptor on ebay and buy one of these. I sick of giving MS money for peripherals with zero quality control.

Amazon sent me an e-mail telling me my order has been delayed a month.

I don't want to go to my local Best Buy, but I'm tempted to just to see if they have this damn thing. I might even buy it there.

[quote name='CanadaTop']Yeah uh most PC gamers (and especially the comp players) know that razer products are nothing more than average at best peripherals with a premium price tag due to the logos, excessive packaging and "flashy" leds. The actual build quality for their mice is kinda shoddy and a lot of people have problems after only a few months.[/QUOTE]

I'd disagree, depending on the product you buy. If you buy the branded gear, i.e. the Starcraft M&K and headset, yeah, it's not worth the premium.

On the other hand, the $40 Razer Arctosa is the best keyboard I've ever had for nearly 2 years now. Aside from their less than awesome warranties, they have good products. All you have to understand is that there are diminishing returns in how much you spend for a mouse and keyboard. After $50, you're really just throwing money away for useless fluff.

(TE Edition) my d-pad is very very rough and my UP button sticks :/ i've only used the thing for like 2 hours and it started sticking. wonder if i should lube it up or contact razer...

Found a TE at best buy as well. Just go take a look because the stock in-store on the website is not accurate, and said there weren't any. They also had the full size Fender Squire for RB3, at $279.99.

So after a few hard Black Ops sessions, I've decided this thing is overhyped. The triggers suck (might cut em and sand em down as mentioned above), the middle bumpers are hard to find naturally with your index fingers, the d-pad is hella weird, and I don't prefer increased resistance on my thumbsticks. The fast click backlit face buttons are cool, the custom buttons are okay, and the rubberized grip is okay.

I dont know what the problem with the triggers is....I love the new controller Im not going 50 and one by any means but I am doing a little better and I have a new pc controller.

Got one at my local Best Buy as well. Tired of waiting and the whole experience has kind of soured it for me.. but shrugs. Cancelled my Amazon order.

Initial thoughts are that it's SUPER light and I don't like the triggers, but the feel of it in my hands is good :)

Got one at my local BestBuy. It was in the 360 accessory isle. They had 2.

MIght get one for my GF soon cause she liked mine.

Finally got mine, and it is defective. The "back" (next to start) button does not work and it will not work with my Tritton AX720's for some odd reason, but works just fine with every other headset I have. I had to pay for shipping to return it as well. Even if it did work, I did not like the controller one bit. The only good aspects were no-slow turn, mappable button, quick click ABXY and the braided cord. There are sharp edges right near the bumpers that were digging into my palm, the shoulder buttons are way too close to eachother and the triggers had too long of a draw and felt awkward in my hands. The start and select are in the most inconvenient position possible and the analog sticks, when the tension was all the way to 0 were noticably different from eachother (the left was much harder to turn than the right). Finally, the D-pad buttons were clunky and had way to much draw, (they should have made the d-pad quick click like the ABXY) I would buy this controller for $20, if that. Wait for version 2.0 IMO if there ever is one...

Received mine two days ago. It feels weird, but I got used to it. It's very angular, buttons are great, sticks are great, and then RT stopped working properly...

Looks like I'll have to return mine as well.

bread's done
Back