RB1 Drum Kit (360) $9.95 at Wal-Mart

BShea

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was just at Wal-Mart in Mt. Airy, MD and they had about 20 Rock Band 1 drum kits stacked up with a giant sign for them being $9.95 each. I already have one, but I was tempted to pick up another. The drums aren't spectacular, but if you're looking for a set of drums for RB/GH, it can't hurt to look.

Sorry I didn't snap a picture. Just wanted to alert my fellow CAGs about this in case this is news.

EDIT: Removed YMMV, it seems to be a widespread deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can believe this w/o pics...in fact I am going to check it out very soon. My Wal-Mart had about 10 of these buried on the bottom of a shelf. They have been $29.99 forever. So, I'm sure they are finally getting rid of them. I wanted to buy one and never open it in case something happened to my set down the line.

Nice find OP, if it's true, I am definitely getting one. Wonder if this is listed on their website, but I doubt it..

I can confirm that the Walmart in Burlington, NC (Graham Hopedale Rd) had an endcap full of them. I thought it was a price mistake.

And no, RB1 drums do not have ports for the cymbals. Where was this 3 weeks ago when I couldn't find drums anywhere?

[quote name='GohanX']I can confirm that the Walmart in Burlington, NC (Graham Hopedale Rd) had an endcap full of them. I thought it was a price mistake.

And no, RB1 drums do not have ports for the cymbals. Where was this 3 weeks ago when I couldn't find drums anywhere?[/QUOTE]

I saw about 10 or more sets in the Walmart in Hillsborough, NC (not far from Burlington) just a couple of hours ago. I didn't get a chance to scan the box because my wife was going to the checkout while I was browsing electronics for any potential clearance or cheap PS3 games.

If they were that cheap, I might have to back & pick up a set. That combined w/ the $25 RB guitar deal on buy.com wouldn't be bad @ all. I wanna get Beatles Rock Band (only Rock Band I'm interested in playing), but don't wanna fork out the $$$ for the value set...much less the special edition set.

got one for this price in brunswick, GA yesterday, the manager took the rest to the back room, cause they needed the endcap for another display. so you may have to ask for one.

i might pick up a set.

i have a ion set but i put it away every time i play [ so it's easy to take it along with me to parties ]. might pick up a RB1 set so i can play at home from time to time.

[quote name='eddie291']Any luck in finding the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]Yeah, mine had 5 or 6 of the PS3(PS2?) sets marked at $9.9x but no 360 versions.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Yeah, mine had 5 or 6 of the PS3(PS2?) sets marked at $9.9x but no 360 versions.[/QUOTE]

Mine had 2 endcaps worth. Both PS3 & 360 versions.

Damn mine had them that price but a friend who worked there said they sold out on 12/23. Called the others near me and read the item number and they were out also.

[quote name='ITDEFX']confirmed at the Manassas, VA location. They had like 2 360 version and 2 PS3 versions left.[/QUOTE]
I used to live in manassas.

Went to Walmart bout an hour ago and they had 4 xbox 360 ones and 1 ps3/ps2 set priced at that price. Thought about it, then passed on it cause I remembered I sold my Xbox 360 Guitar Hero drum set cause I'm horrible at drums. Besides, I play wii rockband,GH games more due to RawkSD Customs, and no luck on a wii drum kit.. oh well.

Picked up a set today, this was after my kid broke my pedal. It's cheaper to buy a new set of drums than buy a new pedal. That's sad, now I have a perfect set of drums for when those go out, though. I guess. Thanks for the hot tip.

Was looking for the PS3 drums, but found none at the nearest Wal-Mart. Had 8 of the 360 sets so I bought one just to have a spare. My wife beats the crap out of those things. I'll check a couple other stores for the PS3 set tomorrow.

No luck for me on a set for PS3...

Anyone wanna be a nice person around the holiday's and pick a setup for me? Wonder how much shipping would be eh..

Thanks op! I got the last 360 one at my wal-mart. I've been playing rock band 1 and 2 with my guitar hero drums, but with this price I couldn't pass up the chance to make playing the rock band games easier. Sweet deal.

Alright, was finally able to pick up a set. Thanks OP!

I got one of 2 360 sets ... I didn't see a PS3 set at all.

My store had theirs back with the bundles, but not on an end cap, despite all the other single instruments for all sets (including RB) having an end cap with the games.

Because of this, each set had an individual price tag of $9.96 on it, so this might be a walmart price drop until stock is moved, rather than just a sale.

There were still 3 left at the Livonia, MI (plymouth & middlebelt) store when I picked mine up this afternoon. I was going to pick up 2 for when this set breaks, but I figure they can only get cheaper.

Hmm, definately gotta check tommorow, only have a Wireless Guitar, and this could come in handy for Guitar Hero World Tour and Rockband 2

[quote name='dgwillia006']Hmm, definately gotta check tommorow, only have a Wireless Guitar, and this could come in handy for Guitar Hero World Tour and Rockband 2[/QUOTE]

let me know what you find

The store-checker says there's one in Alexandria VA, but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm skeptical since Best Buy's online checker told me they had District 9 on Blu-ray, but they didn't when I got there. Now I can't trust anything!

[quote name='Redeema']Picked up a set today, this was after my kid broke my pedal. It's cheaper to buy a new set of drums than buy a new pedal. That's sad, now I have a perfect set of drums for when those go out, though. I guess. Thanks for the hot tip.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Eventually, I do plan on getting GH5 so having multiple drumsets would be cool too. ;)

bread's done
Back