RB2 Special Edition Full Band Set $99.99 (no tax + free ship) & RB2 Game Only $20

omahacubfan5

CAG Veteran
Amazon.com has the RB2 Special Edition Full Band Set for $99.99 + FSSS. No tax for most. Deal is good for both Xbox 360 & PS3.

Best Buy has the RB2 Game Only for $20 for all systems (PS3, 360, Wii, PS2). Amazon has these priced from ($38-49).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to bite on this, but I can't get through Best Buy's store pickup service. It hangs in Firefox and IE.

I guess I could try in-store tomorrow.

Its back ordered on BestBuy.Com (but you can still order). All the stores around me sold out. I guess hoarders jumped on this shit ASAP.

I'm having a problem trying to check out though. It won't accept my Reward Zone number with my order. I know you can go back and report purchases where you forgot to enter your card #, but I'm a Premier Silver member, so I want to get free shipping.

If I go ahead and order now and report my order for RZ points later, will they refund my shipping costs too?

I really don't want to have to get on the phone with Best Buy to work this out.

Also, anyone have any idea why my RZ card can't be added to my BestBuy.Com account? Its the same email address, same shipping address, I even formatted it the same across both websites, same phone number as well. I don't get what information doesn't match up that they have a problem with.

[quote name='kodave']
I'm having a problem trying to check out though. It won't accept my Reward Zone number with my order. I know you can go back and report purchases where you forgot to enter your card #, but I'm a Premier Silver member, so I want to get free shipping.

If I go ahead and order now and report my order for RZ points later, will they refund my shipping costs too?

I really don't want to have to get on the phone with Best Buy to work this out.
[/QUOTE]

Try it again now. I was able to complete my order with store pickup. It wasn't working at all before, but it worked fine just now.

Is Best Buy pretty good at holding the in-store pickup items for the full 8 days as it says on their site? I won't be home till next week so won't be able to pick it up sooner than that. Rather not pay $3 more for shipping.

This was my sweet spot for the game so really want to get it.

[quote name='blandstalker']Try it again now. I was able to complete my order with store pickup. It wasn't working at all before, but it worked fine just now.[/QUOTE]

All stores around me are showing sold out, and it still won't let me add my RZ# so I can get my points and free shipping. Lame.

Is the amazon deal a price drop? I've been holding out for rock band 2 but want to use my $20 coupon from MW2 on it once that comes out. Man with ECA + MW2 credit it would be $69.99.

Credit to SD, didn't see it posted here yet:

PS2
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rock+Ba...943227&skuId=8944921&st=rock band 2&lp=1&cp=1

Wii
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rock+Ba...4832.p?id=1215818942921&skuId=8944832&st=rock band 2&lp=5&cp=1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rock+Band+2+-+Xbox+360/8945083.p?id=1215818943418&skuId=8945083&st=rock band 2&lp=6&cp=1

PS3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rock+Ba...4976.p?id=1215818943289&skuId=8944976&st=rock band 2&lp=7&cp=1

Also noticed few days prior, when researching potential B2G1 free deals at Gamestop, it's $17.99 used there as well. Seems used copies are a little harder to come by for PS3 compared to other systems. Could be trend for price drop?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I might have to get that and a wireless guitar from GS or something. No room for the whole band set unfortunately :cry:

May be a repost, but somehow I never noticed the other thread. I'll be picking this up for sure nonetheless. Thanks, OP.

Ugh, I was just saying that I was good on games and don't need to buy any more. Now this deal comes out. Plus, for folks wanting this game you can import RB1 songs for $5.00.

So essentially this is RB1 (if you know someone with the disk) + RB2 for $25.

Will Rock Band 2 scan as 19.99 at Best Buy even if they still have it at regular price?

[quote name='MidnightMetal']Not as big of a deal but BB also has put the Metal and Country Track Packs down to $19.99 from there $30 price point[/QUOTE]

What about the other Track Packs?

[quote name='randu']Will Rock Band 2 scan as 19.99 at Best Buy even if they still have it at regular price?[/QUOTE]

Probably. It looks like this might be a universal drop. Its the same price at GS.

[quote name='djduke316']That's the same damn thread we're on![/QUOTE]

The original thread and the repost thread were merged by a mod, so my link no longer works/makes sense.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Interesting, I might have to get that and a wireless guitar from GS or something. No room for the whole band set unfortunately :cry:[/QUOTE]

Grab the whole thing and just craigslist/eBay the drums.

bread's done
Back