RB3 Mustang Pro-guitar for 360 - $134.99 at Amazon

wolfhunt

CAGiversary!
Amazon currently has the Rock Band 3 Mustang Pro-guitar controller for $134.99. This is a preorder, supposedly shipping on Nov 16. This is the Xbox 360 controller only, the Wii and PS3 are still listed at $149.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003RRTXYW/ref=oss_product

I'm tempted to get this since I'll have free shipping with Prime but I really need to play with the controller before I decide to purchase one. I'm hoping the local Best Buy will put one on their display.

[quote name='prayformojo']Can you only play pro mode with this guitar or does it double as both a regular guitar and pro mode?[/QUOTE]

I would assume you could do regular guitar mode as well, just based on the way the keyboard functions (it can do both). My guess is the first five frets on the E "string" (top five buttons in a row) would serve this purpose. Could be wrong, but it would make sense to do it that way. I can't imagine them making a $150 peripheral and it not being capable of playing "beginner mode".

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I wish this were the Squier. Or that Harmonix would give us some updates on it, at least. :/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Oh, I apologize then. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize. Just sharing info.

Bah, would've considered it if they included the PS3 version, but at least this gives me hope that it might see a similar discount as it gets closer to its (later than the 360) release time.

[quote name='abhinav']This is killing me, do i get this and enjoy it for months and months or do i get the Squier?[/QUOTE]
Honestly.. I would just wait for the Squier, but only if you really intend on paying over 300$ for everything. This Mustang controller seems like a cool idea but you're basically paying close to 150$ for a plastic instrument with buttons on it. You could get an entire band instrument set cheaper for this game. I would wait for the real guitar.

The Mustang is awesome and well worth it. When the Squier finally comes out, I will probably get one of those also, but won't regret the Mustang.

bread's done
Back