RC helicopters... know any good ones?

auralia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Ok hubby wants an RC helicopter but I don't believe in buying crap and so I won't buy the 50 dollar jobbies they sell at target, now mind i also won't buy the 600$ jobby either. I'd prefer something in the 300 or less range w/ the best bang for my buck. Prefer something for flying both in doors and out (realizing of course it would have to be a calm day to fly outdoors. I searched on the net things like best rc mini coptor and best miny helicopter and i just don't come back w/ very much and havn't seen any reviews on eopinions for any of them.

any help would be appreciated i'd really like to get him one he will like.

it would be a fathers day gift so i need to find one asap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=110131587831&rd=1&rd=1

Might I also interest you in the best simulator out?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=110131590558&rd=1&rd=1

:)

But no, seriously, the E-Flite Blade CP Pro is one of, if not THE, best heli out there for the money. It's electric, so it can be flown indoors or outdoors, and it's fully 3D capable. I could never quite get the hang of it, but I don't think you'll find a better heli under $300.

And I would also highly recommend the RealFlight G3.5 simulator. Training on that will save you a lot of money in replacement parts.

heres a link to what all is available:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=EAA

Kit(you build it yourself) ARF(almost ready to fly)
When looking through those be very careful that you read the required parts and make sure you tally up the cost of those parts to get an idea of the final product cost. I would suggest going with one of the Global or MS brand heli's(mostly due to the 3D capabilities, mainly due to working tail rotors, yet still small enough to be flyable indoors)
Another source of product review would be RCUniverse.com, helpful reviews for all different forms of rc products.

[quote name='squirrel007']Rc helecopters are very high maintenance and have a high learning curve.

Im sure he will have TONS of fun though, they are great :D[/QUOTE]

I was going to say if you buy him one but him some extra blades. If you can play video games you can learn to fly a helicopter. I think the biggest problem people have is trying to fly a helio like plane, or rc car. Its all about subtlety.

I have the E-Flite Blade CX (got it for my B-Day last year), and it is a nice heli. Just in the few days of using it, though, I broke a weight part of the helicopter wing, which is critical for stability when in flight. This happened because I was trying to learn how to fly it indoors with very little space. So I would not recommend flying an E-Flite heli indoors unless you have huge rooms. Replacement parts are expensive as well so make sure someone can pick up the load on that.

The heli I have is listed at about $160-$190 and parts were about $15 but it depends on where you go.

Important note: Make sure he attaches the learning bubbles on if he's never flown a heli before. I broke a lot of parts for thinking I could learn without it.

bread's done
Back