RCSS Clearance

[quote name='neksus']You do realize you can get a 20gb refurb + 3 month live card for the same price, right?[/quote]
Thanks for the tip bud. However, I have two Xbox's, one which I cannot connect to the internet, so the 3 months of Live is useless, so essentially I can get a NEW 20GB HD for $29, or a refurb for $29. Hmm, tough choice...

[quote name='Lockescythe']if its a 3 month code you can sell 3 months of live for like 12-15 bucks in the trade sell US forum.[/quote]
Hmm I like your thinking Lockescythe, I'll have to fire up my 360 and see if it qualifies. Any reported problems with the refurb drives?

I bought the refurbished drive and have had no difficulty with it yet. The drive will come with all the stuff the previous owner had so you might have some cleaning to do.

Thank You Gamer602, I've been wanting to pick up a cheap copy of Mario strikers for a while long time for my sons. Soccer is their favorite sport, I got the last copy too.

The RCSS in Kanata had as of 4 o'clock:
Advance Wars 4
Yoshi's Island 0
Mario Strikers 0
MP3 3
20GB HD 16
FE:Radiant 1

The staff will hold copies for you if you call :)

Also on clearance:

PS3 branded optical audio cable - $4.94

PS3 HDMI cable + USB cable = $9.94 (though the one I went to was all out of stock)

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The third party PS3 component cables were $2.94. They might work for a PS2 also.[/quote]

Yes, they are the same media connector on both systems, so they should work

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The third party PS3 component cables were $2.94. They might work for a PS2 also.[/quote]

I can confirm that they do work with PS2 systems.

Went there today and saw a few more decent prices:

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PSP) for $9.94
SF Logan's Shadow for $19.94
Elite Beat Agents for $9.94
Star Fox Command for $19.94
Skate It DS for $19.94

Also picked up the Sony HDMI + USB for $9.94 =D Plenty at the Strathroy location.

I picked up the PS3 Component Cable + USB for 9.94 thinking it was HDMI + Component + USB, so I got to go back.

I also picked up Jak and Daxter, Jak II, and Jak 3, for 4.44 each

Thanks to whomever mentioned the official Sony cables on clearance as well. Picked up set a of Component cables & HDMI cables for $9.94 each.
Plenty of each at the Brampton location as well.

[quote name='AJD23']Thanks to whomever mentioned the official Sony cables on clearance as well. Picked up set a of Component cables & HDMI cables for $9.94 each.
Plenty of each at the Brampton location as well.[/quote]

Not anymore of the HDMI/USB sets. I picked up the last 2 today. They are pretty awesome quality for the price!

I really wanted Jeanne D'Arc, but couldn't find it...

Last edited by a moderator:
The HDMI are a good deal. For comparison, a good deal on an HDMI cable at Factorydirect is about $8-$9 for 6'. To get that plus a USB cable = really good.

But oh noes, they aren't gold plated and tempered in the tears of virgin panda cubs. You won't get a rich signal out of them! =)

[quote name='halcyon1234']The HDMI are a good deal. For comparison, a good deal on an HDMI cable at Factorydirect is about $8-$9 for 6'. To get that plus a USB cable = really good.

But oh noes, they aren't gold plated and tempered in the tears of virgin panda cubs. You won't get a rich signal out of them! =)[/quote]

Wuuuuuuut? The HDMI cables ARE gold plated. (unless....sarcasm?)

[quote name='Rex']Wuuuuuuut? The HDMI cables ARE gold plated. (unless....sarcasm?)[/quote]

LOL. The Sony ones actually are, both the HDMI and USB. I don't know about the tears of a virgin panda stuff though.

[quote name='Rex']Wuuuuuuut? The HDMI cables ARE gold plated. (unless....sarcasm?)[/quote]

Yes, sarcasm. Gold plating connectors actually makes them worse as far as conductivity goes. Of course that's like saying forgetting to scrape the bugs off the windshield will make a major performance difference on an F14. =)

Overpriced HDMI cables-- or anything that carries a digital signal for that matter-- are such a scam. There's no such thing as "quality" or "richness" of the signal. It'll either work or it won't, and you won't get one that won't work. The only thing that might screw up your HDMI is if it's too long-- 30' I'd say.

The "cheapass cable vs. Omster Acbles (name scrambled for you protection) having absolutely no difference" is SO reproducable that every single nightly news station will do a "Consumer Report" story on them every few months. Buy a bunch of cables. Give it to the station's engineer. The engineer hooks them up to a signal generator, and a signal receiver. The sent signal and received signal are 100% identical with no "loss", no matter which cable you use.

Follow that up with the interview with whichever Future Shop market droid drew the short straw where they present their findings. "I can't speak for your methodology, but our independant research indeed shows that certain views report a noticable difference in richness and clarity".

There's only one thing that overpriced HDMI cables are good for: getting a discount on a big ticket item for agreeing to buy them. Sidenote: unopened cables can be returned within 30 days.

bread's done
Back