RDR Trade Recommendations

fldash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Okay, I bought RDR for PS3 last week from Gametop used ($42 shipped). Anyway. I hate it. I have to learn to just say 'NO' to aiming games on a console, I've been a PC gamer forever, and I can't get used to the right stick to aim. As a result, it just pisses me off... and it's not fun. Please, save the 'practice, practice, practice' encouragement. I don't want to practice something that's not fun... The other thing about RDR I don't like are the controls... I felt like I was having to hold down 27 buttons to rope a horse.

Tap X to keep my horse running (why can't it be LSTICK pressure based), hold LT to swing my ROPE, steer with LSTICK, look with RSTICK, toss rope with RT, hold RB to stop horse. It was a nightmare. It was a little easier when I figure out I could use Dead Eye, but still frustrating on the Stallion because I couldn't.

Well, I'm still within 7 day trade window, so I was thinking of taking it back to Gamestop store and getting something else... I'm looking for recommendations... No third or first person shooters please. :)

Is ModNation worth $40? Anything else I should look at...? I really like Blur.

[quote name='mtxbass1']If you want another racer, Modnation or Split/Second is your best bet.[/QUOTE]

I'm not set on a racer really, but just can't play anything with aiming elements using the right stick... That limits be a bit I guess... I wish XIM's weren't so damn expensive and maybe I could actually play TPS/FPS on PS3 without cursing so much a sailor would blush.

I generally play sports, platform, or racers on my PS3; what else is there other than shooters.

bread's done
Back