RE 0 9.99 at KB toys YMMV?

[quote name='Scorch']All the local KB's near me folded.[/quote]

Same here, there is still one in the mall close to me.

They shut down in my area too. At the local mall, they closed in March, only to re-open a few weeks ago as a KB Toys Express. It's the exact same location but they don't sell any video games or electronic items, just toys. I have yet to see a customer in there so I really don't know what they were thinking re-opening again when they couldn't even keep the store open as a regular KB store.

hey YoshiFan what mall are you talking about?? I work at KB and I know a store in my district got shut down and just reopened as an express store...can't think of what mall it was in though. Just curious.

[quote name='alongx']I misread that as RE 0.99. Got my hopes up for nothing.[/quote]
Same here. Odd optical illusion.

[quote name='emperordahc'][quote name='alongx']I misread that as RE 0.99. Got my hopes up for nothing.[/quote]
Same here. Odd optical illusion.[/quote]

I did too.... Kind of weird....

TRU is headed for this too . . . Walmart and Target are killing dedicated toy stores . . . they skim off all the big selling toys. It could suck in the long run when no one has the bigger inventory of specialty items. Already TRUs have cut way back on selection. You could check for ToyWorks this is a KB spinoff.

One time I was in there, and it took like 20 minutes for an employee to come to me, in our mall. I hate KB! :evil:

[quote name='Magician'][quote name='emperordahc'][quote name='alongx']I misread that as RE 0.99. Got my hopes up for nothing.[/quote]

I did too.... Kind of weird....[/quote]

same here. i just glanced and thought it said 0.99

[quote name='schultzed']TRU is headed for this too . . . Walmart and Target are killing dedicated toy stores . . . they skim off all the big selling toys. It could suck in the long run when no one has the bigger inventory of specialty items. Already TRUs have cut way back on selection. You could check for ToyWorks this is a KB spinoff.[/quote]

I'd say it's a combination of Walmart/Sam's Club, Target, BB and CC killing them off slowly at retail, as well as online sites like Amazon killing them off at the Internet side of things. Remember the mess they had back in 2000 and 2001 when TRU.com wasn't part of Amazon? Merging that into Amazon's organization was one more sign that they're dying off.

[quote name='Smoke'][quote name='Magician'][quote name='emperordahc'][quote name='alongx']I misread that as RE 0.99. Got my hopes up for nothing.[/quote]

I did too.... Kind of weird....[/quote]

same here. i just glanced and thought it said 0.99[/quote]

Yup me too. Still not a bad deal. I might go check the KB near me and might as well pick up this and Dark Cloud 2.

I've seen that slowly KB's inventory has diminished. The store is almost totally empty.

bread's done
Back