RE 4 for PS2 at Toys R Us 10/24?

anj2

CAG Veteran
I know this is a shot in the dark and I hope no one was misled by the topic, but has anyone been to their local Toys R' Us today (Monday, 10/24) and seen Resident Evil 4 for the PS2? I might have a chance to head over to a TRU and wanted to see if I could pick it up today? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='anj2']I know this is a shot in the dark and I hope no one was misled by the topic, but has anyone been to their local Toys R' Us today (Monday, 10/24) and seen Resident Evil 4 for the PS2? I might have a chance to head over to a TRU and wanted to see if I could pick it up today? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Wrong forum, and the game dosen't even SHIP until tommorrow... the earliest your TRU will have it is Wednesday.

I didn't see it, but the one I went to didn't even have items release last week either. I bet all the good titles that are due out this week arrive next monday. :)

[quote name='evo t rex']I didn't see it, but the one I went to didn't even have items release last week either. I bet all the good titles that are due out this week arrive next monday. :)[/QUOTE]

You gotta ask, if it's anything like my store. I went in yesterday looking for Battallion Wars and Fire Emblem for GC, Battallion Wars was the only one with a placeholder, empty of tags. I asked a girl and she told me they had tons of both in the back. =P Heh.

I think Toys R Us is getting it on Thurs/Friday. They usually get some games a few days after the release date.

my tru said they should have Mario DDR & Stubbs in on Thursday. I just have to find a game to go with them, preferrably a $50 game. The only $50 game that buys my interest is Romancing Saga, but I'm sure that'll hit $10 soon.

Oh yeah, why am I typing this in the RE4 thread? Because it relates to when TRU is going to get a certain game. I pre-ordered the SE or CE (whatever) at EB with the free shirt. I doubt TRU will have any of that.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']my tru said they should have Mario DDR & Stubbs in on Thursday. I just have to find a game to go with them, preferrably a $50 game. The only $50 game that buys my interest is Romancing Saga, but I'm sure that'll hit $10 soon.

Oh yeah, why am I typing this in the RE4 thread? Because it relates to when TRU is going to get a certain game. I pre-ordered the SE or CE (whatever) at EB with the free shirt. I doubt TRU will have any of that.[/QUOTE]

Romancing Saga's retail is 40.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']my tru said they should have Mario DDR & Stubbs in on Thursday. I just have to find a game to go with them, preferrably a $50 game. The only $50 game that buys my interest is Romancing Saga, but I'm sure that'll hit $10 soon.

Oh yeah, why am I typing this in the RE4 thread? Because it relates to when TRU is going to get a certain game. I pre-ordered the SE or CE (whatever) at EB with the free shirt. I doubt TRU will have any of that.[/QUOTE]

Romancing SaGa is $39.99 not $49.99. You might want to skip it. I picked it up, and then saw the 6.0 review, so it's going back.

[quote name='n00bie']Romancing SaGa is $39.99 not $49.99. You might want to skip it. I picked it up, and then saw the 6.0 review, so it's going back.[/QUOTE]

some reason too hate on something.

RS is great, but it's not for everyone. Also keep in mind TRU is apparently not getting the Premium Edition of RE4 if that's what you were looking for.

I skipped the GCN version because I was waiting for it to drop to $20. Now I'm thinking I might wait for the PS2 version to drop to $20 because of the progressive scan and true widescreen modes. Even though the graphics aren't quite as good as the GCN version, I think it's worth the hit to play it in WS mode.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Romancing Saga's retail is 40.[/QUOTE]

well don't i eat balls

maybe i'll get lucky and they'll let me get an eyetoy/game bundle thing...though i've read in the TRU thread that they're not being aloud this time around...that said, i made sure i could get the Mario DDR game with this deal and the TRU cashier said I could

[quote name='javeryh']I skipped the GCN version because I was waiting for it to drop to $20. Now I'm thinking I might wait for the PS2 version to drop to $20 because of the progressive scan and true widescreen modes. Even though the graphics aren't quite as good as the GCN version, I think it's worth the hit to play it in WS mode.[/QUOTE]

man just go buy it for 40 bucks. reward these game devolopers who put in the effort to make these great games, and maybe the otheres will follow suit.

[quote name='javeryh']I skipped the GCN version because I was waiting for it to drop to $20. Now I'm thinking I might wait for the PS2 version to drop to $20 because of the progressive scan and true widescreen modes. Even though the graphics aren't quite as good as the GCN version, I think it's worth the hit to play it in WS mode.[/QUOTE]

Playing RE4 on the GC with some component cables was awesome. Ive been watching all the videos of the PS2 and they had to cut lots of details.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']man just go buy it for 40 bucks. reward these game devolopers who put in the effort to make these great games, and maybe the otheres will follow suit.[/QUOTE]

That's good in theory but why should I pay $40 when I can get it for $20? Supporting the developers is admirable but it's every man for himself out here...

[quote name='badboysean']Playing RE4 on the GC with some component cables was awesome. Ive been watching all the videos of the PS2 and they had to cut lots of details.[/QUOTE]

How can you compare actually playing something to a video?

[quote name='the3rdkey']How can you compare actually playing something to a video?[/QUOTE]
When the only difference to the main game (not including all the extra missions) is the graphics...pretty easily, I would imagine.

[quote name='javeryh']That's good in theory but why should I pay $40 when I can get it for $20? Supporting the developers is admirable but it's every man for himself out here...[/QUOTE]

I know its every man for themselves...but think of the people who made the game, and slaved their lives away almost 10 hours aday to bring this excellent game to us. Id say its worth them getting my 40 dollars.

Sometimes we seem to forget the millions it takes to devolpe a game, and if 40 dollars is all we pay to get a piece, then we should consider ourselves fortunate its that cheap a price. Heck if video games weren't half as popular it would be 80 dollars (or more) per game thats 40 now, and youd be waiting for 40 buck gh's :]

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I know its every man for themselves...but think of the people who made the game, and slaved their lives away almost 10 hours aday to bring this excellent game to us. Id say its worth them getting my 40 dollars.

Sometimes we seem to forget the millions it takes to devolpe a game, and if 40 dollars is all we pay to get a piece, then we should consider ourselves fortunate its that cheap a price. Heck if video games weren't half as popular it would be 80 dollars (or more) per game thats 40 now, and youd be waiting for 40 buck gh's :][/QUOTE]

I totally agree but my wallet says otherwise. If I can get it for less, I will wait. Maybe people like me are going to be the undoing of the industry and games will be more expensive down the road but until that time I pay based on what it's worth to me, not according to what I think it should cost. I'm not against paying $50 for a game that I really want to play like a Zelda or Metroid game but I just can't do that with every purchase...

Developers should want us to buy the game no matter the cost just to get their product out there. They can then gouge us with the sequel. Of course this would require them to release only kick ass games and not the subpar crap that they peddle 85% of the time. I waited for God of War to drop to $30 before I bought it but I will most likely buy the sequel for $50 the day it comes out because the original was so great. Just a thought...

[quote name='javeryh']I totally agree but my wallet says otherwise. If I can get it for less, I will wait. Maybe people like me are going to be the undoing of the industry and games will be more expensive down the road but until that time I pay based on what it's worth to me, not according to what I think it should cost. I'm not against paying $50 for a game that I really want to play like a Zelda or Metroid game but I just can't do that with every purchase...

Developers should want us to buy the game no matter the cost just to get their product out there. They can then gouge us with the sequel. Of course this would require them to release only kick ass games and not the subpar crap that they peddle 85% of the time. I waited for God of War to drop to $30 before I bought it but I will most likely buy the sequel for $50 the day it comes out because the original was so great. Just a thought...[/QUOTE]

I actually liked what was down with katamari damacy. 20 dollars to get you hooked, then the sequel thats a pretty sizeable upgrade in production values is 30 bucks, cant beat that.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I actually liked what was down with katamari damacy. 20 dollars to get you hooked, then the sequel thats a pretty sizeable upgrade in production values is 30 bucks, cant beat that.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Before the EA NFL monopoly there were more than a few Madden to NFL2K5 converts because of the $20 price tag. People took a chance and found out that there was a better alternative to Madden. Sega knew they had a great product. Every developer should strive for this.

[quote name='javeryh']I totally agree. Before the EA NFL monopoly there were more than a few Madden to NFL2K5 converts because of the $20 price tag. People took a chance and found out that there was a better alternative to Madden. Sega knew they had a great product. Every developer should strive for this.[/QUOTE]

I was an nfl2k fan back to the first one on dreamcast. Nothing beats a good quality product, i payed 40 bucks about every year for nfl2k, but to me it wasnt a waste of money because i LOVE football. At least when nfl2k5 went out, sega was trying new things with its franchise. Now we are left with maddens bull crap.

madden doesnt make the ai smarter, they just make it cheaper by lowering your players AI and boosting the others.

I have heard several developer interviews, they said the reason the price of games are going up is PUBLISHERS, not the developer. All of this development costs going up thing is a crock. Which makes a lot of sense. Look at EA PSP games compared to all of the others. They want as much as a real console game.

[quote name='SubZ']I have heard several developer interviews, they said the reason the price of games are going up is PUBLISHERS, not the developer. All of this development costs going up thing is a crock. Which makes a lot of sense. Look at EA PSP games compared to all of the others. They want as much as a real console game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that makes sense. If I knew the smilies code better, this is were I would put one of those "rolling of the eyes" ones.

[quote name='n00bie']Romancing SaGa is $39.99 not $49.99. You might want to skip it. I picked it up, and then saw the 6.0 review, so it's going back.[/QUOTE]

The combination of your name and ranke confuse me.

When did you get the free shirt? I pre-ordered back in April, or whenever it was announced to come out for PS2 and I never got a shirt. I picked it up tonight and there also was no mention of it.

bread's done
Back