Re: Paypal Litigation Check

hero101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
207 (100%)
Did anyone receive a check from Paypal? Apparently, It was settlement for users of Paypal. All I got was $13.59 (net of $1.00 to mail the check out). Hmmm, I forgot when I entered into the class action lawsuit from them. Oh i remember, I saw it on www.techbargains like 4 months ago. However, It's free money.

I've read of people getting checks for $7 or $8 from the statutory settlement. I also filled out the form for this settlement, and I have not received anything. However, I checked the box, "Deposit directly into my PayPal account." I know of other people who want the money in their account, and they still haven't gotten anything. Maybe they will do my payment and those others after the checks are all sent out.

The official website has been updated at:

http://www.settlement4onlinepayments.com

Here's when you get your money:

On June 6, 2005, the Court signed the order to disburse the settlement funds to the Statutory fund and Short Form fund claimants. The checks for short form claims and statutory claims were sent to class members during the second and third weeks in June. For those class members who did not opt to have their settlement recovery paid by check, their PayPal accounts will be credited. PayPal accounts will begin to be credited shortly and will be completed on or before July 15, 2005. Class Counsel and the Claims Administrator expect that all valid Long Form claims will be paid on or about August 15th, 2005.

Ahh, about time. It was back in September or so that i filled that thing out. Ive asked paypal a couple times about the status, but they always give me the standard automated useless answer.

I got mine. I actually missed the online deadline, but mailed it in anyway (it said to file online then mail it in), guess it counted. I thought it was supposed to be 40 bucks or something though, not 13.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I got mine. I actually missed the online deadline, but mailed it in anyway (it said to file online then mail it in), guess it counted. I thought it was supposed to be 40 bucks or something though, not 13.[/QUOTE]

Did you have a statutory or a short form claim, or what? Some people are getting 13, and some are getting 8. I thought it was supposed to be the same for everyone.

Ah a payout and no one has anything bad to say about lawyers.

I am salivating at the chance to rip someone over the McDonalds coffee litigation when they decry it as frivilous.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just received my settlement payment in my PayPal account. It was $8. Not bad for free money. So, those of you who checked the option to deposit the settlement into your accounts, keep checking. It should be there soon.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Did you have a statutory or a short form claim, or what? Some people are getting 13, and some are getting 8. I thought it was supposed to be the same for everyone.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember. I remember it saying it had to be filed online by a certain date AND mailed in. I missed the online date, but I called home (I was in canada at the time so I couldn't send it) and barely made the mail in date. I didn't think it would work but it did. My father filled it out so I don't know what he did. Though I wonder what happened to the claims of 40 or 50 bucks I was hearing about earlier.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Though I wonder what happened to the claims of 40 or 50 bucks I was hearing about earlier.[/QUOTE]

Those may have been for the short and long form claims.

bread's done
Back