RE4 Collector's Tin worth it? (Yes, ANOTHER RE4 topic...)

rabbitt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Please forgive me for adding to the RE4 topic count, but I really need your guys' help. I saw the tin today at GameStop and fell in love with it. I am asking anyone out there who owns it (or plans to own it soon) if it is worth the extra cash for all of the bonus stuff that comes with the collector's edition.

Also, take a look at these eBay auctions.

From the most recently ended auction:
There are only 48,000 of these in existence and there are over six billion people on the planet, all of whom like to play Resident Evil. You do the math.

Now I may be wrong, but I would imagine that, for many of these people, playing Resident Evil is not as high on the priority list as...oh, I dunno. Eating?

It's worth it if you're going to sell it on eBay, apparently.

I don't think the tin is worth it. The Halo one definitely was, IMO. This one isn't all that great. The tin itself is inferior to the Halo one.

Example: I leave my Halo 2 tin on my desk all the time. No scratches. I leave the RE4 tin on the desk for about 10 minutes, I pull it off and there are scratches.

On the spine of the Halo 2 case are the words "Halo 2." On the spine of the RE4 tin? Nothing. You see a strip of silver that binds the otherwise red tin together.

The Halo tin was actually meant to hold the game inside of it. The RE4 tin was basically meant as a spot to put an old DVD and extras in. The actual packaging is the same as the non-CE, just with a mini-book (that's actually a good read and nice refresher) and art cell.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I don't like seeing "GameStop Special Edition" anywhere on my games.

But yeah... I'm probably the only dissenter you'll find in this whole thing, but do whatever. Comparitively, I found the Halo 2:CE to be far more worth the money. I suppose the fact that it's limited to 50,000 copies is 'neat,' and the fact that the art cel is number is kinda cool, but honestly, who really cares what number you get on a picture? And if you were concerned about the number, guess what? the game depreciated in value already because you had to open it to find that out.

[quote name='ratedpeej']guess what? the game depreciated in value already because you had to open it to find that out.[/quote]

That's why I'll never know what # I have :wink:

Luckily I can leave my tin sealed and borrow the game from a friend to play

It's a fucking tin. A tin. The crappiest of all metals. Why someone would pay more for this is beyond me. But I guess it's foolish people that shell out lots of money for shit that causes prices for games to stay high.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It's a shaq-fuing tin. A tin. The crappiest of all metals. Why someone would pay more for this is beyond me. But I guess it's foolish people that shell out lots of money for shit that causes prices for games to stay high.[/quote]

Well, it also has a soundtrack, art book, and art cell. It's not just a tin.

i have a limited edition, or collector's edition, of marlboro's tin with a matching lighter. lighter is similar to the one used by chris redfield and billy coen in REmake, and RE0 respectively. :wink: (not numbered, so it must be an original.) i received these for free from marlboro on different occasions.

wanna bid or trade for my 'marlboro' tin and matching RE lighter? :) :wink: my tin includes loose change that i throw in there for hold'em nights.

It could be being bought by fanatical Japanese gamers who don't have access to crappy Gamestop tins. I would be excited about it, but it's just not enough. The Growlanser Collector's box, now that's something.

[quote name='lurknomore']It could be being bought by fanatical Japanese gamers who don't have access to crappy Gamestop tins. I would be excited about it, but it's just not enough. The Growlanser Collector's box, now that's something.[/quote]

you mention that, but the collector's edition was almost double what the game cost

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='lurknomore']It could be being bought by fanatical Japanese gamers who don't have access to crappy Gamestop tins. I would be excited about it, but it's just not enough. The Growlanser Collector's box, now that's something.[/quote]

you mention that, but the collector's edition was almost double what the game cost[/quote]

Yeah and that just had a bunch of crap. A watch I'd never in a million years wear, a ring and necklace, I'd also never be caught dead wearing, a deck of cards ( those would be cool), and soundtrack (also cool).

The Tin: Awsome and embossed; just like the Akira tin, housing a sealed copy of RE4, the art book and the lithograph. Just has a damn Gamestop logo on it; so it loses some points but not alot.

The prologue "art" book(let): It's not 7 or 8 pages like i've seen alot of people write. 20 pages basically summarizing the RE series (without mentioning Outbreak or the gun series). The artwork on the inside covers is pretty badass looking. The artwork throughout the booklet is just the usual CG fare; nothing spectacular. Loses points for not actually being an art book.

Soundtrack (pre-order): a mini-soundtrack with a few tunes from the 2 movies. l-a-m-e.

Art cell/Lithograph: It's a nice pic of Leon holding a gun on the defensive in a night setting. The frame is cut by lazer and has a foil stamp of the RE4 logo on it. The art cell is also numbered. I'm gonna get a frame for mine. I like it that much.

I say it's worth the $10. To me this is an insanely awesome game that deserves some stand out recognition on my shelf; so yeah I think it's worth the extra cash just to have a tin case. Whever you end up spending for RE4, the experience itself is worth alot more than that.

get it and dont open it lol
it will probably worth something I went to my local gamestop today and they were sold out of the limited edition they told me they might not get anymore :x so i am going to the mall to see if they have any left lol

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='lurknomore']It could be being bought by fanatical Japanese gamers who don't have access to crappy Gamestop tins. I would be excited about it, but it's just not enough. The Growlanser Collector's box, now that's something.[/quote]

you mention that, but the collector's edition was almost double what the game cost[/quote]

At my GameCrazy they were selling it for a limited time for only $10 more.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It's a shaq-fuing tin. A tin. The crappiest of all metals. Why someone would pay more for this is beyond me. But I guess it's foolish people that shell out lots of money for shit that causes prices for games to stay high.[/quote]

Haha, that "crappiest of all metals" line made me laugh.

The tin sounds cool, but not if it says "Gamestop" anywhere on it.

[quote name='levi333'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It's a shaq-fuing tin. A tin. The crappiest of all metals. Why someone would pay more for this is beyond me. But I guess it's foolish people that shell out lots of money for shit that causes prices for games to stay high.[/quote]

Haha, that "crappiest of all metals" line made me laugh.

The tin sounds cool, but not if it says "Gamestop" anywhere on it.[/quote]

It does.

I don't think the collectors edition is worth an extra $10 above the regular edition MSRP, especially when you can find the regular edition on sale.

I think tins in video gaming are lame.

Video games are supposed to be fun, and to be played, not to be looked at or bitched about because there is a yellow bar on the game.

If you like the tin the extra $10 is worth it, otherwise it is pointless.

[quote name='ratedpeej']It's worth it if you're going to sell it on eBay, apparently.

I don't think the tin is worth it. The Halo one definitely was, IMO. This one isn't all that great. The tin itself is inferior to the Halo one.

Example: I leave my Halo 2 tin on my desk all the time. No scratches. I leave the RE4 tin on the desk for about 10 minutes, I pull it off and there are scratches.

On the spine of the Halo 2 case are the words "Halo 2." On the spine of the RE4 tin? Nothing. You see a strip of silver that binds the otherwise red tin together.

The Halo tin was actually meant to hold the game inside of it. The RE4 tin was basically meant as a spot to put an old DVD and extras in. The actual packaging is the same as the non-CE, just with a mini-book (that's actually a good read and nice refresher) and art cell.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I don't like seeing "GameStop Special Edition" anywhere on my games.

But yeah... I'm probably the only dissenter you'll find in this whole thing, but do whatever. Comparitively, I found the Halo 2:CE to be far more worth the money. I suppose the fact that it's limited to 50,000 copies is 'neat,' and the fact that the art cel is number is kinda cool, but honestly, who really cares what number you get on a picture? And if you were concerned about the number, guess what? the game depreciated in value already because you had to open it to find that out.[/quote]

No, you are not the only dissenter out there. Normally, I am a complete and utter whore for video game collectables/extras like this. I am truly fanatical about it. But one thing and one thing only stopped me from getting this: the "GameStop Special Edition" blazed across the front. L-A-M-E!!! Had it not been for that, I would have jumped all over this.

[quote name='"Nogib"'][quote name='ratedpeej']
No, you are not the only dissenter out there. Normally, I am a complete and utter whore for video game collectables/extras like this. I am truly fanatical about it. But one thing and one thing only stopped me from getting this: the "GameStop Special Edition" blazed across the front. L-A-M-E!!! Had it not been for that, I would have jumped all over this.[/quote]

That's me, too. I go nuts for this stuff. But, I wasn't all that impressed with this LE. If it was official and not just a Gamestop thing, I'd have been more interested. This tin wouldn't even sit "nice" along my game rack. Plus the little book and cel are kind of boring.

I bought the CE online and received it last week. I was about to open it to check it out, but thought I'd dig into CAG for a bit. Glad I did. Not going to open it now.

I too was not impressed with the quality of the RE tin. The Halo 2 tin is far superior IMO. Also not a fan of GameStop on the front of the tin. I have another copy on reserve that I'm picking up tomorrow. I'm going to let the 'age' a bit, then send them to eBay. I'll pick up the regular version tomorrow along with the CE investment version.

The tin is the same tin as the Akira LE dvd when it was in a metal case. And I don't know how you can call it inferior to the Halo 2 which wasn't even a tin, plus the manner in which they packed Halo 2 LE was retarded. One disc on top of another? Thanks for nothing Microsoft. One of my friends ended up with a loose disc. These things aren't pancakes which I was prety sure a game manufacturer would understand. Anyways, I'm not necessarily saying the RE 4 tin is worth it, but the Halo 2 LE was just really half-assed in my opinion.

Why do you people care so goddamn much, just because it says "Gamestop LE"? This trying to to be "1337" shit is really pissing me the fuck off.

As for the tin: it's alright I guess, not what I was expecting, but decent all the same. I try to buy the CEs of nearly every game I own simply because they either look cool, or come with bonuses I really want, and usually they're only $5-10 more than MSRP.

All those ebay auctions make me wonder if I could just ebay my tin and get something for it :)

I think that I'm going to get the tin. I don't mind paying a little extra for something that's already through the roof on eBay.

bread's done
Back