RE4 Premium PS2 USED ~$42 @ eStarland.com

OT BUT........I'm currently pissed at Estarland! I sent in a trade order last monday and they received it last wednesday morning. I have yet to receive trade in credit for it and when I contacted them online today the live chat support person "Julie" was brain dead. The first trade I did I had the credit one day after they got the package.

Another bad thing about them is they sell new games as in stock and after you pay they immediately go to backordered. I ordered NSMB and Yoshis Island GBA the middle of this month and Mario arrived a couple days ago after being backordered and Yoshi is still backordered. Even now they are selling the Yoshi game like it's in stock and ready to ship. I tried to ask that brain dead girl about it today but she never replied and then disconnected from the chat....... I hope they don't try to dick me on that trade I sent in $55 credit worth of stuff. They give good trade prices and i've actually got another box ready to go if they ever "receive" my last trade.

I have gotten a used game from them before and it was in perfect condition and they are good about listing the condition/completeness.

If you're looking for a premium RE, this is the best deal out there.

It's good to buy from them but it's not good to trade in. They're notorious for quoting a price and then claiming that the condition isn't good enough for that price.

Also, I find it funny how the whole "buy it used for cheaper" gimmick doesn't work. It's like "LIST PRICE: $39.95! BUT FOR $41.95, YOU CAN BUY USED!! DOESN'T THAT SOUND GRAND??"

Why would you buy it for the PS2?! Go do yourself a favor and buy the superior GameCube version.

[quote name='Xizer']Why would you buy it for the PS2?! Go do yourself a favor and buy the superior GameCube version.[/QUOTE]

Because the PS2 version has more content, true widescreen support, and there's very little difference graphically (you'd really have to play them one after the other to notice imo). I have both versions, and I can completely understand if someone wanted to go w/ the PS2 version over the GC.

[quote name='$hady']OT BUT........I'm currently pissed at Estarland! I sent in a trade order last monday and they received it last wednesday morning. I have yet to receive trade in credit for it and when I contacted them online today the live chat support person "Julie" was brain dead. The first trade I did I had the credit one day after they got the package.

Another bad thing about them is they sell new games as in stock and after you pay they immediately go to backordered. I ordered NSMB and Yoshis Island GBA the middle of this month and Mario arrived a couple days ago after being backordered and Yoshi is still backordered. Even now they are selling the Yoshi game like it's in stock and ready to ship. I tried to ask that brain dead girl about it today but she never replied and then disconnected from the chat....... I hope they don't try to dick me on that trade I sent in $55 credit worth of stuff. They give good trade prices and i've actually got another box ready to go if they ever "receive" my last trade.

I have gotten a used game from them before and it was in perfect condition and they are good about listing the condition/completeness.[/QUOTE]

Uhmmm you get the trade in credit instantly, and can spend it before you even send the games off. I don't see how you can be having that problem. I have never once had a problem with them and I have traded well over a grand worth of games to them.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Uhmmm you get the trade in credit instantly, and can spend it before you even send the games off. I don't see how you can be having that problem. I have never once had a problem with them and I have traded well over a grand worth of games to them.[/quote]
Yes you can spend it right away if you secure your account with a credit card but i'm just wanting to use my credit from this past trade to buy NCAA Football 07 when it comes out. Besides if you spend the money early and they never get your trade they just charge your card..... I'm waiting to have them "received" and credited to my account so i'll get the extra couple bucks shipping payback before I preorder.... I got my first trade credit right away but this one was received by them last wednesday morning and like I said the chick on live support was useless not even answering my questions and when you email them you get it's processing and if they have it then it will be reflected in my account shortly... I've got another trade waiting to be entered and sent but i'm waiting to see if they try to cheat me on this one first. :cry:

Also since you deal with them alot is the whole selling backordered stuff a common thing with them? Yoshi's Island GBA has been backordered for over 2 weeks on my first order yet they are still selling it as in stock. When I asked the support girl about it she never answered... I'm 2 for 2 so far on out of stock items sold as in stock.

[quote name='Xizer']Why would you buy it for the PS2?! Go do yourself a favor and buy the superior GameCube version.[/quote]

Hmmm... maybe because theres 10 or more PS2's out there for every Gamecube?

I have the Gamecube LE version, but Ive also played the PS2 version. Imo, the Gamecube version is still better, even with the additional PS2 content. But if you only have a PS2, or are a real RE freak, you cant go wrong with this version.

I had the damn PS2 LE version in my hands when it first came out and I passed it by... I wont make that mistake again.

How is the GC version better? I have played through both the GC and PS2 games and I'd much rather have the extra content than a TINY bit better graphics. I got 4-5 hours of playtime out of the extra ADA missions, that alone is worth the slightly worse graphics.

[quote name='$hady']OT BUT........I'm currently pissed at Estarland! I sent in a trade order last monday and they received it last wednesday morning. I have yet to receive trade in credit for it and when I contacted them online today the live chat support person "Julie" was brain dead. The first trade I did I had the credit one day after they got the package.

I have gotten a used game from them before and it was in perfect condition and they are good about listing the condition/completeness.[/QUOTE]

Well I just use the credit before shipping out the package, so the first part doesn't really effect me. My 20+ experiences with estar have been mostly positive, my lone problem was ording Bleach DS and waiting two weeks for iot to "process" before finally switching to something else. They're kinda slow to update the availibility of games, but otherwise one of the best online shops I know.

[quote name='Xizer']Why would you buy it for the PS2?! Go do yourself a favor and buy the superior GameCube version.[/QUOTE]

Guy, I'm considered a Nintendo fanboy by quite alot of people, and I can tell you you are dead wrong. The PS2 version has about 2-3 more hours of stuff that more than compesates for an assload of jaggies and random slowdown.

Well they finally credited me for my trades no mention of what the hold up was or anything like that. Having the package in your hands for 2 weeks before checking it in kind of sucks but I was just preordering a game with the $ so it's all good. I was starting to get paranoid that something was up though......

Yoshis Island GBA is still on backorder heading into 3+ week territory and it's still for sale on the site as in stock. lol

I've sent in another trade already so my confidence in this company is still strong. They give nice trade values and you can buy games new cheaper than retail even after shipping. :)

Wow - I can't believe this is selling for what it is on Ebay. I'm glad I picked it up when I did. I have still yet to open or play it due to the other games I working on right now. This makes me consider selling it since I am not really a RE fan but I bought this with the intent of trying it again.

My GS has like 3 of these complete (used) and maybe one new. Can't remember how much they cost (someone can look it up). I could pick one up for cost + shipping + $1 (paypal fees + gas) if someone really wanted one...

bread's done
Back