RE5 Gold Edition

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I had this crazy CAG idea of using a friends copy of RE5 Gold Edition to install all the DLC from the disc so that I could use my regular edition game to play all the extras. Lo and behold, it does not work. There are 2 installs in the game data folder, RE5 and RE5 Gold, so when you place the normal edition and try to play the extras, it is not selectable.

Has anyone found a way to make this work, or do I have to either buy the DLC or a copy of the Gold Edition? I had thought that with other DLC disc based games, like Fallout 3 GOTY, that all you needed was to install the DLC and you could use any version of the game to play it since it was now on the hard drive?

[quote name='nakanenui']So I had this crazy CAG idea of using a friends copy of RE5 Gold Edition to install all the DLC from the disc so that I could use my regular edition game to play all the extras. Lo and behold, it does not work. There are 2 installs in the game data folder, RE5 and RE5 Gold, so when you place the normal edition and try to play the extras, it is not selectable.

Has anyone found a way to make this work, or do I have to either buy the DLC or a copy of the Gold Edition? I had thought that with other DLC disc based games, like Fallout 3 GOTY, that all you needed was to install the DLC and you could use any version of the game to play it since it was now on the hard drive?[/QUOTE]

where did you hear that about fallout 3? you got some bad information. i know the you can do that with the xbox version of fallout 3 since there is a second disc with all the dlc on it that installs to the hd, and you use the normal disc to play. re5 gold on the 360 also comes with codes for dlc whereas the ps3 version actually has all the content on disc.

unfortunately for you, the ps3 versions of fallout 3 goty and re5gold don't work the same way though -- yes there is an install to the hd but your ps3 still is reading the addon content from the disc so you will need those versions of the game in your ps3 to play them.

go get a gameshare or something. $12.50 for the untold stories bundle + $5 for versus means $17.50 for all dlc. Split 5 ways in a gameshare means you pay only $3.50 for everything.

[quote name='rpnguyen']where did you hear that about fallout 3? you got some bad information. i know the you can do that with the xbox version of fallout 3 since there is a second disc with all the dlc on it that installs to the hd, and you use the normal disc to play. re5 gold on the 360 also comes with codes for dlc whereas the ps3 version actually has all the content on disc.

unfortunately for you, the ps3 versions of fallout 3 goty and re5gold don't work the same way though -- yes there is an install to the hd but your ps3 still is reading the addon content from the disc so you will need those versions of the game in your ps3 to play them.

go get a gameshare or something. $12.50 for the untold stories bundle + $5 for versus means $17.50 for all dlc. Split 5 ways in a gameshare means you pay only $3.50 for everything.[/QUOTE]

Guess the gameshare is the cheapest way to go. I was hoping beyond hope that the disc based DLC, once installed, was accessible from the HD rather than the disc (as it would be from the PSN DLC), but alas, I was mislead.

So to those who had the same idea to use the RE5 Gold Edition disc DLC and original RE5, out of luck.

[quote name='nbballard']Can GE and the OG version co-op together? Or is the community divided now?[/QUOTE]

I know I was able to play with my buddy, me on the Gold him on the Original, on Mercenaries. Will have to try once I get all the DLC for Co-op on the extra content.

[quote name='nbballard']Can GE and the OG version co-op together? Or is the community divided now?[/QUOTE]

I want to know this as well.

[quote name='Serpentor']Does that mean RE5 gold has different set of trophies? Well, the installs are on different folders so....[/QUOTE]

This may answer my question from above-- but i think it's 1 set of trophies.

bread's done
Back