Read or Die TV Bundle $80 Shipped!

I was just about to post the same thing.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUMP ON THIS NOW!! Not only is the show superb (definitely in my top five, on account of the characters are SO charming), but the soundtrack is equally as excellent. BUY, BUY, BUY!!

Incredible deal I bought these when they came out one of the best thing I’ve ever seen if you like action with really strong character development. I have to agreed the character really make the series. Only bad part i can seen is that it doesn’t look like it includes the art box that disc 7 came with which included a yujin figure of Anita. Watch the OVA before you watch the series if you haven't already seen it.

I simply can't afford this.

Well, I can, but I think I should hold back.

Or should I...

But damn...

It be nice if there was a box though...

Crap, If I saw this I probably would have jumped on this instead of the random stuff I bought to fill the 25 disc. I could have dropped heat guy j and Sol Bianca for this...

Damn I still have money, so maybe...

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']I simply can't afford this.

Well, I can, but I think I should hold back.

Or should I...

But damn...

It be nice if there was a box though...

Crap, If I saw this I probably would have jumped on this instead of the random stuff I bought to fill the 25 disc. I could have dropped heat guy j and Sol Bianca for this...

Damn I still have money, so maybe...[/QUOTE]
Do it. DO IT. You'll be kicking yourself later if you miss out!

*figets horribly*

fuck, fuck, fuck!

I just spent $100 on the Geneon sale
The Pinky:st Yukata dolls released this week
I have to save for a trip to Disneyland
the CCS bundle's still listed
and my paycheck's gonna be lower tomorrow than it has been for months

what to do, what to do?! *prays they stay in-stock at least until afte rwork tomorrow so she cna get her paycheck and find out how much disposable income she has right now*

Eh, same reason why I didn't jump on the Geneon sale as soon as it was posted.

Anime.
Sounds like a great deal though.

Weird, this month, Right Stuf seems to put everything on sale that I already own, there wasn't even anything for me to jump on in the Geneon clearence either. Oh well, good deal for those that don't own it I suppose.

edit: Also the OP says it comes with the first 2 soundtracks (I think), Right Stuf's listing says "both soundtracks 1 and 2". How many soundtracks were there?

I can't... I really can't...
I've seen the damn thing twice already. I'll probably just wait for a thin pack, or the 20% DDD sale. It's going to be a bit more, but atleast I'll have by then.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']Thinking of buying....But first, what is a thinpack?[/quote]
Those horrid "space saving" dvd cases and boxsets. ADV has forever ruined me on thinpacks from their releases. They seem to be a direct response to bootlegs with the price and what they offer. Often they are bare bones with the episodes only (it varies) and the artwork is minimal.
LP1THINPAKDVD1Z.jpg

[quote name='eldad9']Or - wait for the thinpack, and then for the next 20% DDD sale.[/QUOTE]
There's no guarantee there's ever going to *be* a thinpak for this show. Gungrave is the only Geneon show ever to be re-released with a thinpak.

And to Duo, there are two OSTs for this show (one in Japan, split up for the domestic release - boo), though songs from the Read or Die OVA (which has its own soundtrack) are also used in the series.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Thought I'd point out that this isn't the box set

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/XZ-nlqHonGQZRnOzjH/browse/item/66763/4/0/0

But rather its seems as though it's Dvd's 1-7 and the two Sdtks.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/XZ-nlqHonGQZRnOzjH/browse/item/71846/4/0/0

I was ready to jump on this but it doesnt seem so hot any more for some reason.

Am I the only one who thinks this isn't as hot anymore, I'd sure like to have the box with my set personally.[/QUOTE]
This was already pointed out earlier. The soundtracks are much better than a box, trust me.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']This was already pointed out earlier. The soundtracks are much better than a box, trust me.[/QUOTE]

oops. didnt notice, oh well , my aim was to point out the difference.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']There's no guarantee there's ever going to *be* a thinpak for this show. Gungrave is the only Geneon show ever to be re-released with a thinpak.[/quote] Wrong! In additon to GunGrave, Geneon has also released the following thinpak collections:

Chobits
Mahoromatic
Last Exile
Sailer Moon Super S

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']There's no guarantee there's ever going to *be* a thinpak for this show. Gungrave is the only Geneon show ever to be re-released with a thinpak.[/quote]
Wrong! In additon to GunGrave, Geneon has also released the following thinpak collections:

Chobits
Mahoromatic
Last Exile
Sailer Moon Super S
Trigun Limited Collector's Edition 1 & 2

[quote name='eau']Wrong! In additon to GunGrave, Geneon has also released the following thinpak collections:

Chobits
Mahoromatic
Last Exile
Sailer Moon Super S
Trigun Limited Collector's Edition 1 & 2[/quote]

Pwned!

[quote name='eau']Wrong! In additon to GunGrave, Geneon has also released the following thinpak collections:

Chobits
Mahoromatic
Last Exile
Sailer Moon Super S
Trigun Limited Collector's Edition 1 & 2[/QUOTE]
Not wrong! I said "re-released." As in, it once had a normal box set available that has now been replaced with a thinpak. Chobits had two half-sets, and the new Triguns are remasters. The rest came out as thinpaks without fatty sets.

... Actually, maybe Last Exile did. I forget. But my point *mostly* stands.

Damn you Rightstuf! I was able to resist the Geneon clearance sale, but not this...

Well, I suppose $90.98 for the whole series, 2 cds, and the OVA is a good deal. And I can still pay my bills!

bread's done
Back