Real Player SP problem

D_Icon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I recently upgraded the Real Player to Real Player SP. Real Player SP lets the user burn audio CDs (standard CDs) and Data CDs, the user has to pay if they want to make an MP3 CD. Anyway I'm fine with making Data CDs, all of my Data consists of MP3s anyway. Hence the Data CD I make is basically an MP3 CD, which would work perfectly in any MP3 player.

Here is the thing with Data Cds that I like from Real Player, a blank CD-R can hold 702MB of data, when you make a Data CD you can use all 702 MB (technically only 701.9). So when I make my Data CD/MP3 CD I get 701.9MB of music. iTunes on the other hand, the make a Data CD option and the Make an MP3 option suck. Making aData CD or an MP3 CD via iTunes you get robbed of about 5MB of the 701.9 MB available in the CD-R, which means less songs on the CD. My point is I prefer the Data CD option in Real Player over the iTunes make a Data CD or MP3 CD option for the reason that I get to squeeze in two or three more songs than an MP3 CD made in iTunes.

I've been using Real Player for year now when burning CDs, but I've used iTunes as my music organizer. I updated to the SP version about three days ago, and now I have a problem. "Real Player SP" could not locate CD burner". I went through all the troubleshooting steps on their web page, I uninstalled and reinstalled Real Player SP, I can't fix the problem. I've search for alternative solutions on the web to no avail. I downloaded Windows Player, but their make a Data CD option is crappier than iTunes' make an MP3 CD option (you only get to use 692MB of space from the CD).

So, anybody have an problems with Real Player SP? Also, if I do the System Restore, do you guys think my Real Player SP would go back to just Real Player?

It probably wont just "go back" to being regular Real, I tried to upgrade to SP as well but found that the previous version was better, and should be better untill they work out the bugs and stuff. your best bet is to Uninstall Sp and try and find an earlier install file of Real.

Anybody have any alternatives? Like I said I want to be able to take advantage of all 701.9MB of a CD-R, do let me know.

[quote name='D_Icon']Anybody have any alternatives? Like I said I want to be able to take advantage of all 701.9MB of a CD-R, do let me know.[/QUOTE]

People still burn music onto CD-Rs AND they need that extra 1.9mb of space? Seriously, did I fucking quantum leap into the late 90's?

Its the ocd in me, I gotta have all 192 songs. Also, its more like 5-6MB of space.

as for CD-R's, the alpine/kicker setup plays'em. So yeah, I gotta let the Alpine play.

Real Player is still around? Wow.

If you want a good program to burn cds/dvds with go get ImgBurn and it should do everything you need. Free to boot. I would uninstall RP, its really not good for anything.

bread's done
Back