Real Steel $5.00 off Coupon @ Amazon (1 week only)

Thanks for the link, OP; I haven't seen this, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I want to get in on this coupon, but Amazon is lumping it together with my gift card balance. I don't want to apply any of my gift card credit until maybe closer to the release date (when the price actually drops). Does anyone know if I can separate the coupon from my GC credit? I'm considering preordering the movie without clipping the coupon and then talking with an Amazon CS rep to see if they'll deduct $5 from the order...

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks for the link, OP; I haven't seen this, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I want to get in on this coupon, but Amazon is lumping it together with my gift card balance. I don't want to apply any of my gift card credit until maybe closer to the release date (when the price actually drops). Does anyone know if I can separate the coupon from my GC credit? I'm considering preordering the movie without clipping the coupon and then talking with an Amazon CS rep to see if they'll deduct $5 from the order...[/QUOTE]
Pre-order something else to use the gift card balance and then place a second order for the movie with the coupon. Then cancel your first order that you used the gift card on and you'll still have it.

[quote name='JdFoX187']Pre-order something else to use the gift card balance and then place a second order for the movie with the coupon. Then cancel your first order that you used the gift card on and you'll still have it.[/QUOTE]That might be slightly tricky, as I have about $101 in credit...

I guess it would work if I preordered two random 360/PS3 games and canceled right after. Thanks for the help. :)

[quote name='Vigilante']That might be slightly tricky, as I have about $101 in credit...

I guess it would work if I preordered two random 360/PS3 games and canceled right after. Thanks for the help. :)[/QUOTE]
That's a lot of credit. It's the only way I found to work. Getting a CSR to subtract the $5 from the price would work, except you wouldn't see a drop on the movie until it drops below $26.99 with the $5 adjustment. Whereas if the movie drops to $24.99 with the coupon, you'd pay $19.99. It happened to me on a couple Disney movie coupons last year and I ended up missing out on about $5 in savings.

You may be able to go in an edit the payment method and remove the check box on the credit...I feel like I did that on an order before.

I really enjoyed the movie, it was a surprisingly good mix of action and emotion.

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks for the link, OP; I haven't seen this, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I want to get in on this coupon, but Amazon is lumping it together with my gift card balance. I don't want to apply any of my gift card credit until maybe closer to the release date (when the price actually drops). Does anyone know if I can separate the coupon from my GC credit? I'm considering preordering the movie without clipping the coupon and then talking with an Amazon CS rep to see if they'll deduct $5 from the order...[/QUOTE]

If it's an actual Gift Card when you go to check out just click on "billing information" and choose a different form of payment.

If this is promotional credit that was given to you by Amazon, I suggest just creating a Pre-Order, that order will eat up your promo credit, then order what you wanted, and don't forget to cancel your Pre-Order and the credit is back on your account.

It's also one of those clippable coupons, so I'm guessing we may see a B&M coupon for it upon release week.

[quote name='Vigilante']That might be slightly tricky, as I have about $101 in credit...

I guess it would work if I preordered two random 360/PS3 games and canceled right after. Thanks for the help. :)[/QUOTE]Very easy to take care of with a single item, as I ran into the same issue.

Pre-order a copy of Skyrim CE, make the Real Steel order and then immediately cancel the Skyrim CE pre-order.

[quote name='JdFoX187']That's a lot of credit. It's the only way I found to work. Getting a CSR to subtract the $5 from the price would work, except you wouldn't see a drop on the movie until it drops below $26.99 with the $5 adjustment. Whereas if the movie drops to $24.99 with the coupon, you'd pay $19.99. It happened to me on a couple Disney movie coupons last year and I ended up missing out on about $5 in savings.[/QUOTE]Big mistake in doing it that way, as it's a manual price adjustment, you won't be able to take advantage of the pre-order price guarantee and the coupon's discount. Always best to order as many items that are far-off pre-orders to use up your credit, make the order with the coupon and then cancel the items to use up your credit.

[quote name='shrike4242']Very easy to take care of with a single item, as I ran into the same issue.

Pre-order a copy of Skyrim CE, make the Real Steel order and then immediately cancel the Skyrim CE pre-order.[/QUOTE]Huh, is it weird that that's exactly what I did a couple of days ago (I was about to post that I was able to preorder with the coupon and read your response :lol:)? :cool: Thanks for the advice nonetheless.

in for one. Hoping there is a steelbook for this movie down the road though (I imagine it will be very cool).

This movie was WAY better than I expected it to be (thought it would be a mindless action flick). Even though it was fairly ripped from Rocky, I thought there was a lot more depth to the movie than the trailers EVER give it credit for.

[quote name='Darknuke']
This movie was WAY better than I expected it to be (thought it would be a mindless action flick). Even though it was fairly ripped from Rocky, I thought there was a lot more depth to the movie than the trailers EVER give it credit for.[/QUOTE]

Definitely a good movie. Loved it much more than I expected. Similar to Rocky in many way, but its go its own sci-fi spin, and the kid acts completely different that what I expected before the film.
In for 1, thanks op.

bread's done
Back