Reaper Season 1 and 2, $3.99 at Bestbuy.com

[quote name='chronoserge456']Worth a blind buy?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was good premise; thought at times kind of boring.

The main character's parents made a deal with the devil (we never know what that is). So when he turns 18 or 21 (can't remember) the devil comes to collect his soul. Instead of taking him to hell he makes a deal to catch escaped souls from Hell. Of course he as two friends that some comic relief and his on / off girlfriend, who is easy on the eyes.

It has some humor and they do have some religious jokes which make it better. I am going to get it; worst case scenario Amazon trade in value is 2.50.

Basically if you don't like you are only out 3.00 total

[quote name='ephermal']I love this show! but buying these would totally piss me off since no ending was made!

edit: ok I'm a sucker and bought these[/QUOTE]
Good News then!

Awhile ago a website did an interview with the creators of the show where they outlined how the story thread was planned to have ended so to those thinking of buying it or to those who have already watched Season 1 + 2. there is an ending, huge spoilers obviously.

8 bucks new for both seasons is worth enough for me to overlook the crappy second season and still buy it.

What frustrates me about the show is the potential they squandered.

Love Gladys. The Devil too.

Thanks OP.

If you clicked on this thread and you haven't seen the show, just buy them both and save that link of the loosely-told ending plots for later.

Reaper was every bit as good as Dead Like Me. The only difference is Reaper didn't have an ending and DLM had an awful end-movie made long after the fact.

Best Buy really is stepping it up with the interesting deals this year.

Dead Like Me was great. Just ignore the movie and it's good.

Reaper was overall a mess with times of goodness. The devil was great so it's worth $8.50 just for that.

Now backordered until the end of December.

Reaper was great, it starts off slow and not very good because of the "ghost of the week" concept, but there is a turning point to the show where it definitely becomes one of my favorites.

I wish they would release them on Blu-Ray but there really is no shot at that so I should probably just buy these.

Awesome!

I was just thinking about how much I wanted to buy this show on DVD the other day and I just got both seasons for ~$8.50 shipped! :D
Thanks for the heads up, OP!

I remember watching the premiere of reaper and liking it. I also really liked Dead Like Me (I never watched the movie though). I just hate watching awesome shows that get cut off with no "real" ending (Studio 60, Jericho, Pushing Daisies, Journeyman, Moonlight, Deadwood, Surface, Huff, United States of Tara, just to name a few).

In a way I'd rather just not get invested in another one of these shows, but $8.50 shipped is a great price.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Good News then!

Awhile ago a website did an interview with the creators of the show where they outlined how the story thread was planned to have ended so to those thinking of buying it or to those who have already watched Season 1 + 2. there is an ending, huge spoilers obviously.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!!!!!

[quote name='iTz Spooky']Reaper is an awesome show. Any Twin Peaks fans? If so you'll love Ray Wise on this show.[/QUOTE]

I just finished watching twin peaks again awesome show till halfway through the second season when they reveal the killer. Then the show looses it's way big time. It's like they didn't know where to go after that

[quote name='Darknuke']i would've blind bought these, but both seasons are on Netflix instant queue. Free is better than $6 ;)[/QUOTE]

Does it stream HD?

[quote name='DestroVega']Does it stream HD?[/QUOTE]

It does stream in HD. I bought season 1 for around $12 a few years back. So even though it is in my Instant Queue the price made me pick season 2 anyway to complete my collection.

A few years ago I probably would have picked this up but honestly the lack of a true ending makes me not want to remember that I really liked this show.

EDIT: Looks like the price is up to $7.49 each.

[quote name='metallicoholic']A few years ago I probably would have picked this up but honestly the lack of a true ending makes me not want to remember that I really liked this show.

EDIT: Looks like the price is up to $7.49 each.[/QUOTE]

DEAD would of got at 3.99 each Overpriced at 7.49

Damn, just saw this deal now. I would have gave it a blind buy for the price, but at least it is on Netflix streaming so I can still see it on the cheap.

S2 should be here on Monday, S1 was shipped today. The show is worth watching again, if for just for the episodic arcs.

My Disc 1 of Season 2 is messed up. No scratches on this thing and the other disc work fine but this one plays about half of episode one then freezes. You can't play any other episode from the main menu.

Has anyone else had the chance to check these discs out?

I just finished up season one and went on to season two, and the first disc of mine is giving me problems too Caddy. Sucks, I'm really getting into it.

I haven't watched any of the episodes yet, but I stuck in disc one of season 2 and clicked on the second episode (or the one to the right of A New Hope) and it started playing.

My ep 1 on the first disc played through, and onto ep 2 without any problems. Is there a universal x minutes in that it goes bad for the playback issues?

Edit: crap, read it wrong. I'll have to check out the Season 2 disc instead of the S1 and report back.

Update: OK. No problem with S2 ep 1 either.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get stuck, I'd recommend trying it in a computer drive, often times netflix discs and the like which throw my DVD players for a loop will work fine in a laptop or desktop drive.

[quote name='guardian_owl']If you get stuck, I'd recommend trying it in a computer drive, often times netflix discs and the like which throw my DVD players for a loop will work fine in a laptop or desktop drive.[/QUOTE]

It's funny you mention that, I bought a second one and it does the same thing just in a different spot. My DVD player and PS3 will just give me errors but my computer plays it but the image becomes chopping and eventually freezes. I can watch more of S2D1 on my computer but the disc is still acts like it is encoded wrong.

I put the disc in my computer too and got through episode 3 fine, but episode 1 and now episode 4 are giving me grief. Oh well, I'll find another way to watch the fourth episode.

bread's done
Back