Reasonable price for PS3 what with the incoming generation.

Recyclops

CAGiversary!
Hello peoples.

So I've been thinking about getting a PS3 for a while now, but the reviews The Last of Us has been getting really got me itchin to play it. Problem is there is only a handfull of ther games that I kinda want for PS3 and since The Last of Us is the only one I'm really dying to play, I can't justify paying full price one.

So basically what I wanna know is, what do you think is a reasonable price to hold out for with the new generation of consoles on the way? I'm kinda hoping to pay no more than 150, but is that unreasonable or what? Gimme yer thoughts, please.

I'd say wait a few days Sony's e3 press conference is tomorrow night. with the ps4 looming, there has been a lot of buzz going around that there will be a price drop.

If you're not going to use it very much you might as well just get a used PS3. They range in the $110-$150 avg range. (Cowboom flash sales are a good bet if you want to avoid eBay, but just be prepared to waste an entire day waiting for the PS3 to finally pop up)  That said I think there are plenty of games out that you might enjoy, name some genres and games you want to play and like. Who knows, perhaps a few games got under your radar? Then maybe you could also justify the price more. Assuming you haven't played most multiplatform games already.

Here's the exclusives list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:playStation_3-only_games

The lowest I would imagine the PS3 going for new would be $200 and that's maybe 3-12 months from now. $150 would definitely not happen until at least two years. Unless, of course, the PS4 sells like crazy and Sony wouldn't be threatened by dropping the price that low sooner.The first price cut would probably be $225, and announced at e3, I imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back