ReBoot Seasons 1 & 2 $27.99 Preorder on Amazon was $20.99

I can't believe they thought there would be enough interest to warrant a DVD release. That being said, I can barely stop myself from buying it.

It's a 90s cult cartoon with cutting edge, for its time, graphics and good characters apparently. It gets a lot of love around here. It never interested me back then though and it looks weird now.

[quote name='chakan']how many total seasons are there?[/QUOTE]

Technically, three, and two movies that were eventually cut up into a "fourth" season. There will be two box sets total, or one collection containing both sets.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Technically, three, and two movies that were eventually cut up into a "fourth" season. There will be two box sets total, or one collection containing both sets.[/QUOTE]

So is it better to just wait for a giant collector's one with both sets?

[quote name='kburns10']So is it better to just wait for a giant collector's one with both sets?[/QUOTE]

But if nobody buys the first set, there is a chance the second one won't come out at all. It has happened to many other old shows...

[quote name='mr_bungle']It's a 90s cult cartoon with cutting edge, for its time, graphics and good characters apparently. It gets a lot of love around here. It never interested me back then though and it looks weird now.[/QUOTE]
Animated by the same company that did Beast Wars, IIRC.

Wow, they FINALLY decided to release the series on DVD.

I used to love Reboot when I was younger. Season 3 in particular was fucking incredible.

This is the best news ever!

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']But if nobody buys the first set, there is a chance the second one won't come out at all. It has happened to many other old shows...[/QUOTE]

I dunno, Shout! is pretty reliable with their releases. For now, I'm holding off for the larger set in the hopes that they add something special.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']What is this series about ? is it real actors or cartoons ? I like the titles name .[/QUOTE]

This is the quintessential CAG cartoon. The main characters of the show live in a computer, and whenever a game is played on the computer, the characters have to stop the gamer from winning the game.

My sister and I watched the heck out of this show when we were kids. I think we even had a couple action figures. Nice to see it'll finally be released on DVD.

I used to have the complete (I think it was complete) trading card collection of this show, even the hologram ones. I wonder if thats still laying around somewhere in one of the binders.

Reboot was such an awesome show. I remember watching it with other great shows of my youth like Batman, X-Men, and Spider-man.

They totally don't make cartoons like they used to. I still remember all the cartoons I watched growing up, I highly doubt the same could be said about the cartoons today.

There's no doubt about it. Cartoons from the 90s and old nickelodeon are better than everything on tv. As much as I love Breaking Bad, stuff on AMC, FX, HBO, etc. Id trade it all for a few channels that played nothing but old school nickelodeon nicktoons, tv shows, their game shows, and the old FOX cartoons. I miss old Nick stuff.

toons these days are just to "nice"
I was showing the kids some old Tex Avery stuff and they loved it. You wont see stuff like that in cartoons anymore.
i really enjoyed Reboot with many of the other 90's cartoons
Ninja Turtles
WildCats
Xmen
Captain N
Mario Bros./Zelda

Then of course you got the 80's cartoons. The toons from the 80's and early 90's had alot of detail (with some obvious mistakes) but todays stuff just is not drawn the same.

Preordered! ^_^ I LOVED this show when it was on. This is quite exciting actually... I plan on definitely supporting this one as I, too, got fucked by not all seasons being released with Pete & Pete, Clarissa, and Gargoyles. I do not want that to happen again.

[quote name='GTmaster39']this show always came on right before beast wars too. holy cow![/QUOTE]

The whole Beast Machines/Beast Wars collections are out in 4 DVD box sets. Good luck getting them all though... They're pricey and out of print.

bread's done
Back