Reccomend me a game

johnmirra

CAGiversary!
I just got my ds lite a few days ago and picked up castlevainia portrait of ruin to go with it. Well now im itching to play another game for it. Anyone wanna recommend me a good rpg or adventure game for it?

I don't have any RPG / Adventure games for the DS Lite, but I would highly recommend New Super Mario Bros. It's a very fun game and takes full advantage of the DS - controls, touch screen, and even the mic in one of the mini-games.

Quick plug too for Advance Wars: Dual Strike, which you should be able to snap up for around $10 I think (assuming you can find it new anymore). Best strategy game for the DS, and tons of replay value built-in.

Edit: sorry - just checked, nobody has AWDS new, and prices are well north of $30 on some sites.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']why not the other castlevania title? Dawn of Sorrow[/quote]

Go to Bestbuy right now and get it for 10 bucks, -5 if you have a coupon.

Final Fantasy 3 is hours and hours of RPG if you don't mind old school of hard knocks (no save points in dungeons; puts a lot more risk on battles and actually is pretty enjoyable once you have the teleport spell to make multiple trips into a dungeon).

A lot of people think that Final Fantasy VI for the GBA is the best RPG you can get for the DS right now.

They don't fit as adventure or RPG, but Elite Beat Agents is as fun of a music game as you will find and Hotel Dusk is the best interactive novel type game I've ever played, and are probably my two favorite experiences on the DS so far. They both have demos on the new DS Download Station so if there's one near you they're both definitely worth checking out the demos.

And picking up the first Castlevania since it's cheap now is a good recommendation.

[quote name='Like A Breath']Lunar Knights is an awesome adventure/RPG. If you like Castlevania, you'll like Lunar Knights.[/quote]

Man, I disagree. I LOVED the Castlevania games on the DS but hated Lunar Knights.

Dragon Quest Rocket Slime
Kirby Canvas Curse

would be my recommendations.

I'm a fan of old school style rpg's and really enjoyed Final Fantasy 3 and am currently playing Magical Starsign. Magical Starsign is a really good game that deserves more attention.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Contact[/QUOTE]

I hated Contact.
The pathing in that game was horrible. I couldn't tell where the paths ended and the walls started, and it was just stupidly frustrating to get stuck and always have not idea how to avoid it next time aside from being prepared to KILL EVERYTHING.

Mega Man ZX and Scurge: Hive are both solid action/adventure games, and they're going for under $20 now.

My favorite DS games are:

New Super Mario Bros. (10/10)
Super Princess Peach (9/10)
Phoenix Wright (9.5/10)
WarioWare Touch! (9/10)
Sonic Rush (8/10)
Mario 64 DS (8/10)
Feel The Magic (8/10)
Final Fantasy III (8/10)
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (I haven't played the new one yet.) (8/10)

[quote name='jbuck138'] Magical Starsign is a really good game that deserves more attention.[/QUOTE]
I'm still waiting for this game to be found under $20 :cry: I realy want to play it.

Can anyone suggest a game similar to Dragon Quest rocket slime? I really like this game because the level of difficulty is easy, for me, I think it is cute and I like saving the different slimes. Mickey

[quote name='mickeyp']Can anyone suggest a game similar to Dragon Quest rocket slime? I really like this game because the level of difficulty is easy, for me, I think it is cute and I like saving the different slimes. Mickey[/QUOTE]

It's pretty unique. That was one of the hooks, I enjoyed it for it's quirkyness and easy "pick up and play"-ability.

If you want cute and easy in a platformer, Super Princess Peach is a good one if that hasn't been suggested yet.

bread's done
Back